Chapter 10

Shot Down

10/

      The funerals were on a cold, sunny day. All the Block B members attended it to say a last goodbye and thank you to SooAe, a girl none of them really knew but would remember their whole life. Jaehyo who was the most affected by her death stayed behind once everyone was gone, SooAe's parents included.

The singer had shared with the aging couple what a hero and wonderful person their lost daughter was, and the gratefulness in the parents' eyes helped Jaehyo feel a bit more at peace with his conscious.

He could not stop wonder why her of all people was dead ? Why she had to die and not them ?

He did not know much about what had happened per say in the building, medias having not much information and only rumors. The government was apparently blocking the truth out for whatever reason they could have, but he could not stop wondering why all this had happened.

None of the Block B members really cared about the government's reasons for hiding the truth, their only preoccupation being lifes were lost in this building and they would never forget about such tragedy they had went through alive. They were often wondering what would have happen if one of them had been killed by these gunmen, what could have happen to Block B and the members.

They were pushing such thoughts away most of the time to focus on the future though.

 

      Weekly appointments to the therapist were imposed to the seven boys for the following months, Jiho, Jaehyo and Yukwon the last ones still seeing them after four months passed. The three boys needed the most to talk and get help to overcome the traumatic event, and more than their therapists, their friends, members and family all helped in the matter.

      Jiho resumed training once he was fully recovered three months later, and losing himself into work helped him to deal with his emotions and permanent thoughts. He wrote a lot of songs, alone in his recording studio when night was pretty much advanced.

People did not notice much how affected he felt about SooAe's death, the all focus being on Jaehyo who had let out his every emotions about her loss. But Block B's leader shut away how he felt for real about her death and just talked to his therapist when he was feeling like it.

Jiho did not like much the idea of seeing someone, as if he was crazy, but with time passing he; as every other members, found out it helped them a lot overcome what had happened. It helped them put words on emotions they could not understand well and were starting to hurt too much.

Seeing a therapist was a great help, and Jiho was trying to get an appointment every so often even with work taking most of his time and focus. He made it a priority to see his therapist when stuffs were getting too bad in his head.

Mostly when the pressure was becoming too much and medias along fans seemed too much for him to deal with.

      The fact idols were in a hostage situation that had ended badly had made the headline for a while, and medias were still trying to get interviews with them to get their side of the story. Their company protected every Block B members from it, even if in doing so most of them did not have other choice than hide away for a while.

Jaehyo even found himself chased by journalists a couple months ago.

The company filled a report about it and since then medias were kind of lay back with them, but it left the Block B members wary about going out on their own.

Jiho was glad most of their fans were such great support. They all had feared it would make a havoc in the fandom and they would suffer from it, but their fans were mature about the situation and all agreed on leaving them space to recover from what had happened.

It did not mean a couple fanatic fans did not show up, but their managers, company and even fans were quick to put a stop to this before it could get out of hand. Jiho could understand they were worried about them, but breaking inside the dorm was not acceptable and even less when one of them was sleeping inside.

Kyung had the scare of his life, and after this incident fanatic fans became less and less until they were gone. From what Jiho's best friend had said, the fandom had taken upon themselves to control the stalkers and did a wonderful job so far.

Jiho was glad he did not have to worry about finding some random teenage girl in his recording studio or dorm, his stress already enough without such disagreement.

His therapist had said he was transferring his emotions in his music, and the stress was not due to his incapability to find the right tune or lyrics, but to the deny of his real emotions. He was aware of this, but he had as habit to lose himself in music and put his emotional state on it.

He was working on it with his therapist though, and he hoped he would be better sooner than later.

 

X_x_x_X

 

      The concert preparations were busying the Block B members fully. With the new songs, recording, dances, concept and everything else coming with, they did not have time to think about anything else than the concert to come.

Seven months after the tragedy, things were better. Medias were not after them anymore and the government had finally let information out.

Learning all this was just a lure while another team was robbing a bank across the city had felt like a punch in the guts. They could not believe these people had killed so many innocent persons just to get some money.

Nobody had understood why the administrative building was attacked at the time, considering there was nothing valuable inside, but then the report was out and the all thing became even more shocking. Citizens were outraged so many people were killed for such trivial reason, and severe punishments were asked for the robbers and two survivors.

The trial was not to come yet, and the Block B members were worried about testifying, even if their company had told them to forget about it yet and just focus on the concert. It was still stressful when they were thinking about it.

 

      Recording the new songs did not feel exactly the same.

They did their possible to be their natural selves, but from time to time the tragedy could be felt. Jaehyo was sometime having this distant, sad look on his face, waiting for his turn; and even if no one pointed it out, they noticed.

The singer was not alone in the matter, and at some point they all dozed out and lost themselves in thoughts bringing back the events at the front of their minds.

Jiho worked his off for this album, even more than for the previous ones, and the members felt the pressure to do as well as him for everyone to be proud of the group.

 

X_x_x_X

 

      As the concert was nearing, stress increased, and not only for the obvious reasons. The members started fearing the press conference, and the fans' reactions to them. Would they be the same as before, would they enjoy the concert, would they only think about what had happened ? They did not know and could not help worry a lot about it.

      Most of them had an appointment, if not more, with their therapist as the concert's day arrived quickly. Jiho needed to get his thoughts straights and deal with his emotions, Jaehyo needed to talk about SooAe's death and the fear he had to face people, Yukwon found himself panicking at the idea of going back in the spotlight, as if he did not deserve it.

Surprisingly, Kyung even had an appointment with his therapist to deal with his stressful thoughts and talk about everything he could have on his mind. Minhyuk had one only two days before the press conference, the fear becoming overwhelming as the day was coming so quickly.

Taeil and Jihoon decided they were okay, even if after the press conference that happened rather smoothly without unwanted questions; even if a couple of journalists tried, the younger boy of the group needed to talk to his therapist before the concert's day.

 

X_x_x_X

 

      It felt solemn when the concert hall became dark and the fans waited for them. It was like a common tension was surrounding them in the wait of their idols. Murmurs could be heard, the shining sticks the only light seen in the darkness.

Then the music started.

Fans' screams arose like a wave, making the Block B members' heart beat faster. Waiting the right timing to step on scene, they closed their eyes and breathed slowly to control this overwhelming feeling that was a concert. Which felt even stronger added to their peculiar situation.

The moment was nearing, and Jiho could feel the pressure and anxiety hit him full force, but he enjoyed it. It felt good and so worrying at the same time. It was thrilling and when his moment came, he shouted in the mic for the fans, the screams answering him giving him wings on his way to the front of the scene.

He was hyper, as he was known to be, but it felt even better today. The members seemed to feel it and get strengths from it, giving their whole for the concert and fans screaming their names and love for them. The stress and worries disappeared when they eventually found themselves where they belonged, and soon the moment was one of sharing with the seven boys and thousands of loving fans.

 

      No one was expecting it when Zico stayed behind after the encore and stood in the spotlight in the middle of the scene. Fans were over excited and confused at the same time, until silence fell when the leader just stood there, sweating and panting, to watch the fans in the darkness.

His eyes slid from right to left then up from left to right, the moment becoming solemn as seconds were passing.

Jiho could hear his breath echo in the concert hall, and he wondered a second if the fans could hear it too. He felt alone but supported at the same time, these fans he could not see but hear people he found himself think a lot about. As if he was in his recording studio.

"Hum…" He eventually brought the mic at his lips and tried to find his words. "You're certainly wondering what's going on…" He chuckled breathily, but it did not feel humorous, and the fans felt it. "Could you turn the light on ?" He asked then, looking up in the darkness.

A moment passed, then the concert hall was lightened, thousands people appearing in front of the young leader's eyes. He watched them, almost one by one, every faces standing out to him and letting him know so many individuals were here for him, for them.

They were all unique, and they were mostly faceless until there.

Jiho smiled, looked straight forward and brought the mic at his lips. "I'll like to share something with you…" His eyes slid on the fans. "We told you about what happened, and I'll like to dedicate this to someone I owe my life to." He said with his eyes closed before looking up. "Can you play track eleven, please ?" He asked and waited for the music to start.

The fans did not know how to react, and some expressed their joy, but others seemed confused and intrigued, waiting silently for the leader to do they were not sure what.

Eventually, a tune started bouncing out of the speaker, Zico losing himself slowly in his emotions and music before opening his eyes again to stare at the crowd. He started shooting a few, curt words, like he was used to do in his songs, before taking a breath in the mic and close his eyes.

He started rapping then, his words like made for the heavens as he kept his eyes close and his head up for the first verse.

Fans listened to him religiously, until Zico's deep gaze was once again on them to rap his meaningful, painful, sincere lyrics, making them scream their hearts out. Jiho felt a wave of emotion at this, which almost made him choke on his words.

He managed his song till the end though, singing his deepest feelings and thoughts for the person who had saved his life and died unfairly in this tragedy he would never forget.

"You're now part of us." Was his last sentence as the tune died down and let place to a solemn, full of emotion's quietness. "Peace !"

His voice bounced through the speakers as he greeted the heavens, and specifically a girl named SooAe, the fans' loud screams following soon after and accompanying him out of the scene.

 

      Jaehyo was crying backstage, the others watching their leader come back in awe and admiration. Jiho felt a bit uncomfortable, but still tried a smile as he walked to Jaehyo. The older boy looked up at him with silent tears and answered to his smile, before standing up to face the leader.

They stared at each other for a couple of seconds, before Jaehyo pulled his younger in a thankful hug, the others slowly coming closer to share the emotional moment making their group always stronger.

Block B was always at their best after hardships, and all this would not be different.  



Oh, look ! Here's the last chapter, xD

I didn't know I would be able to write it so quickly and easily;

and even if I don't know how you feel about it or if it was good, I think I'm satisfied with it ^^

 

It feels good to know I managed to finish a story I posted when in the middle of writing it =)

Anyway, I'll like to thanks everyone for reading this, commenting and subscribing. Thank you very much and I really hope you enjoyed the fic till the end.

 

Don't hesitate to comment to let me know what you thought or whatever else ^^

I'm always happy to interact with people.

 

Well, bye bye to everyone and have a good day (night ?)

Peace !