Chapter 02

Shot Down

 

2/
 
Blood. 
 
There was blood everywhere. On his hands, on the floor, on his clothes, on his pants. There was blood everywhere. 
 
Feeling his heartbeat pounding in his ears quickly, he tried to focus on something; but the shock of being shot removed such capacity from him and he could only think about the blood on the floor and on his hands; feeling it flow out of his body under his shirt. 
 
"Jiho !" He heard the voice, but ignored it, as the only loud thing he could hear clearly was his heartbeat against his eardrums.
 
There was hands on him then, touching him and pulling on his clothes. 
 
It hurts, so he growled; the hands stopping on his arms then; where it was painless. 
 
"Jiho ! Blinking, he tried to focus, but he could not and then just let whatever was happening happened. Jiho ? Look at me !"
 
Blinking some more as little dots danced in front of his eyes, he tried to talk certainly, because a raw growl passed his lips and reached his ears. 
 
"Jiho !" The voice was back, but he could not hear it; because his only focus was the spinning world around him and this blood escaping his body way too quickly.
 
So he pressed his hand harder against the wound; groaning at the pain he inflicted himself. But he needed to stop the blood flowing out of him.
 
 
The panic was overwhelming, and his unresponsive younger in his arms did not help. ​​
 
Jiho was conscious, but completely out of it. He tried to talk to him and called his name, but he never answered which scared him even more.
 
If the blood was not enough, as the screaming people left in the building with the other dead ones or the gunmen walking around; then Jiho managed to scare the life out of him if it was not already done. 
 
He was trying to get a better look at the bullet wound when he heard movement near him and indeed saw a masked gunman make his way towards them. 
 
His heart missed more than a couple of beats, before he tightened his grip on Jiho and prayed this man was not coming to kill them, as they did with others. 
 
He felt his hands tremble, his body doing the same soon after as the man came closer and closer; the remaining screams around them disappearing in the panic surrounding his brain. 
 
He heard Jiho growl in pain when he tightened his grip on him some more, but he ignored it as the gunman was now in front of them, watching them. 
 
The moment seemed to freeze for some long minutes, Jaehyo’s eyes never averting from the man; too scared to die if he was looking elsewhere. 
 
The gunman eyed them, then eyed Jiho still bleeding on the floor; the movement of his fingers on his weapon making Jaehyo flinch and tense in fear. 
 
But the man did not shoot and just looked around, checking on the situation in the building. Jaehyo allowed himself to breath again, taking a look around then to have his heart jump in his throat. 
 
It was total chaos inside, papers, tables, chairs, bodies, blood and bullets littering the floor. 
 
What the hell was going on ? 
 
He saw the gunmen around grab some remaining people and shove them in the middle of the place, where they could watch them. 
 
Jaehyo counted six people. 
 
Three women, a young girl around the age of fourteen and two men in black suits; certainly employees. 
 
"You ! The man’s voice snapped him back to his senses, and looking up in fear; he tightened his grip on Jiho once again. Move !" He ordered then, showing a direction with his weapon. 
 
Confused for a moment, he did not have time to think much that the gunman grabbed him and dragged him towards the other hostages. The action did not leave him other choice than abandon Jiho in his own blood, his pained gasp tearing his heart apart. 
 
Would Jiho die now ? The thought terrified him as he could not tear his gaze away from his bleeding younger pressing his hands on his wound. 
 
He was dropped beside a person then, but his only focus was Jiho and what would happen to him now. 
 
"NO !" He screamed, lunging forward when the gunman loaded his weapon and aimed it at his younger.
 
He ignored the other guns loading around him at his abrupt movement, trying to run towards Jiho. He was forced to focus on the man kicking him down before pointing his rifle at him though, because he was suddenly in the exact same position as Jiho still oblivious of his surroundings. 
 
"Stay down ! Hissed the man aiming his rifle at him.
 
- Please ! He shouted at the other gunman switching back his attention on Jiho. PLEASE ! Don’t do this…
 
- I’ll shoot you if you don’t shut up. Was his sharp answer, the rifle pressing against his neck; but he did not care and could just fear for his younger’s life yet. 
 
- What’s going on here ? Came a sudden calmer, paused voice; and Jaehyo presumed he was the leader when he stepped in his line of sight. All his charisma and presence showed even with a mask on his face. 
 
- Pretty boy here’s doing a fuss. Answered the man pushing his rifle against his neck; and Jaehyo could not care less about the mocking tone in the gunman’s voice when he called him a pretty boy. 
 
- Please. He begged again when the leader’s eyes fell on him, judging him. Don’t kill him !" He added, his hand reaching as far as possible for Jiho, even if he could not touch him.
 
The Leader’s eyes drift on Jiho then, before coming back on him. 
 
"And why not ? He asked, still as calm as if there was not dead people around them and they were doing nothing wrong. He’s shot, he’s suffering… He resumed. It’s the human thing to do. Jaehyo heard the man’s weapon ready itself for a shot.
 
- NO ! He screamed, trying to move but the rifle hit him on his shoulder blades; pinning him down. 
 
- Oppa !" Yelped a sudden feminine voice, Jaehyo’s attention drifted to her. 
 
He wondered a second who she could be, then he figured out she certainly was a fan and eyed her trembling figure, watching the way she covered with her hands as tears threatened to fall on her face, her eyes locked on Jiho. 
 
"Oppa ? Snorted a man then, his gaze falling on the girl visibly older than Jiho. I don’t think he’s your oppa, lady. The man stepped to her then and grabbed her hair. Did you hit your head or something ? He added mockingly before shoving her head away, making her whine in fear and pain.
 
- So. Jaehyo’s attention was back on the man about to kill Jiho when he suddenly spoke. Do I shoot him or not ?" He asked, visibly losing patience.
 
The leader took a moment to eye Jiho, Jaehyo and the girl; his eyes showing he was actually thinking about the situation, curiosity in his gaze as he was certainly feeling something about Jaehyo and Jiho.
 
"Hold on !" He answered eventually, holding a hand out before stepping to Jiho; which terrified Jaehyo. 
 
Grabbing the younger ’s face in a hand, he forced him to look up at him and eyed his features then. Jiho was of course too out of it to understand what was going on, or that his life was on the line. 
 
"You looks familiar. He heard the leader say for himself, and he swallowed thickly; suddenly even more scared. Thursday !" He called, the name surprising in Jaehyo’s ears but he did not say anything. 
 
Another masked man arrived from the back of the building before stopping beside the leader.
 
"Do you know him ? Asked the said man, and Thursday looked down at Jiho then widened his eyes. 
 
- Oh ! He said, a smile in his voice. It’s Zico. He added to the other’s confusion apparently. 
 
- Zico ? Repeated the leader, questioning his man with his gaze. 
 
- Zico from Block B. An idol group. They were everywhere early this year, because of some scandal in Thailand. 
 
- Idols ? Snorted the same man than before. Doesn’t looks like idols to me. He added, amusement in his voice; the leader eventually standing up. 
 
- And him ? He asked, pointing towards Jaehyo. 
 
- Jaehyo. He’s part of the group." Nodded Thursday who was apparently the Idols expert in the group.
 
Jaehyo did not know if their situation just worsen or not; and when the leader clapped once in his hands to catch everyone’s attention, he flinched in fear. 
 
"Listen here ! He said, grinning. We’ve idols with us. He added, some of his men laughing in amusement. Someone wants an autograph ? Snorts were heard around, and none of the hostages dared moving. No ? He continued, looking at the hostages then shrugged. Fine, we’ll just kill them then. 
 
- NO ! Yelled a loud feminine voice, everyone’s attention falling on the same girl as before. 
 
- Looks like we have a fan here. Taunted the leader, stepping to the girl before grabbing her hair. Would you like their autograph ? 
 
- Please. She sobbed, terrified. Don’t hurt them… Leader laughed.
 
- You hear that guys ? He began, looking at his men. She’s worried about them when I could easily kill her. He said, his gun suddenly against the woman’s head; making the gunmen laugh. Aren’t you scared I’ll kill you ? The woman sobbed, shaking in fear. 
 
- Please… don’t hurt us. She asked, amusing the man greatly. 
 
- But… what about him ? He continued, pointing to Jiho now laying on his back, staring at nothing above him; his body jerking in pain from time to time. He’s already hurt, what should I do about this ? The girl hiccupped in fear, tears streaming down her face. 
 
- Don’t kill him. She begged, shaking her head softly. 
 
- Would you die for him ?"
 
The room froze at the words, Jaehyo’s heart jumping in his throat at the all new situation. 
 
Terrified out of his mind, he found himself thinking that he wanted everything to happen but Jiho being killed. He felt like a monster, but he could not help the thought. 
 
The girl did not answer and just cried, the leader eventually releasing her hair, making her drop on the floor in tears. 
 
"Okay, listen here idols. Began the man, walking left and right between him and Jiho. You may be useful later, so I’ll keep you alive. Jaehyo felt all the tension leave his shoulders. Yet. He finished, making him tense again, but a lot less than when Jiho’s life was threatened. But I warn you, don’t try anything stupid. I won’t hesitate to shoot you… even if you’re Idols." Jaehyo believed him without a problem; and had no intention to try anything anyway. 
 
 
There was something weird. He did not know what it was, but he felt something was wrong.
 
His numbed mind slowly grabbed back some awareness and he gradually remembered where he was and in which condition. And he groaned, arching his back in pain. 
 
Opening his eyes, he had the fear of his life when he was met by some scary masked man standing beside him with a rifle in hand; his eyes on his suffering self. 
 
"Looks like he’s awake. Bounced a voice he did not recognize, some chuckles following the words; but he could not care; because he was in so much freaking pain. 
 
- What do I do with him ? Asked masked man above him, and Jiho tensed in fear; grimacing soon after at the pain crossing his body. 
 
- Put him with the others. Answered the first unknown voice, and he did not have much time to think that the man was grabbing him and yanking him upward; making him scream out in pain and almost pass out. 
 
- Stop ! Shouted a familiar voice that was ignored as masked man still dragged him away, a trail of blood following him. 
 
- Here’s your boyfriend." Snapped the man, dropping him on the floor against a body breaking his fall; but it still hurts like a . 
 
Panting in exhaustion, Jiho leaned in the person’s arms and against the chest before cracking open his tired eyes to look at blurry forms. 
 
"Jiho ? He heard and looked up slowly, taking a second to recognize Jaehyo above him; and he managed a small relieved smile. 
 
- Good to see ya man. He breathed, leaning some more against his elder, feeling his consciousness escape him progressively. 
 
- Are you okay ? Jiho gave a breathless chuckle as answer, the action hurting him and making him wince. 
 
- What’s going on Jae ? He asked, his voice raw and low. 
 
- I don’t know. They just appeared out of nowhere and began shooting. I don’t know what’s happening. Jiho’s brows furrowed at some wave of pain.
 
- Where’re the others…? His voice was becoming more and more slur as he drifted away slowly. 
 
- They’re safe, don’t worry. They managed their way out of the building. Jiho his dry lips.
 
- Wha’ abou’ ya…? He asked, trying to move his head in a more comfortable position, but never succeeded. 
 
- We saw you on the floor, in a pool of blood… He began, Jiho focusing hard to understand what his elder was saying. I couldn’t leave you alone. He took a moment to fully understand the meaning, then he tensed and cracked open his eyes to stare up at Jaehyo.
 
- So what ? You came back for me ? He growled, annoyance clear in his voice. 
 
- I couldn’t leave you alone. He simply answered, and Jiho growled.
 
- You’re an idiot…" He managed, his eyes shutting again as his body relaxed against his elder. 
 
 
      "Don’t let him sleep ! Said a woman in her twenties sitting beside Jaehyo and Jiho; the older one looking over her with big eyes. He may not awake otherwise. She added, which panicked Jaehyo who shook Jiho softly.
 
- Jiho ! Wake up ! Jiho. The younger boy growled in annoyance and tried to turn away, but failed. Open your eyes !
 
- Le’ me sleep… He slurred back, a hard frown on his face. 
 
- No ! You have to stay awake. 
 
- ‘m tired… 
 
- I know. But you can’t sleep. Jiho did not answer immediately, gathering some strengths.
 
- Ya a freakin’ Jae… He managed out, wanting it playful considering the small grin at the corner of his lips suddenly forming a pained grimace. 
 
- Don’t strain yourself too much !" Said the woman, a hand on Jiho’s shoulder to stop him from moving. 
 
Confused by the unknown voice, Jiho cracked open his eyes to stare at the girl, eyeing her a long moment as his vision blurred more than once.
 
"Who’re you…? He croaked out, the girl offering a soft smile. 
 
- I’m SooAe. I’m working for the nursery across the street. Jiho stared for another moment, letting the words sink in his brain. 
 
- You’ve ever seen a bullet wound before ? Asked Jaehyo then, hoping she would know what to do for Jiho. 
 
- No. She answered, shaking her head while staring at the bloody hand Jiho had on his wound. But I studied to be a nurse before… Jaehyo’s eyes widened.
 
- Would you be able to help him ? She nodded.
 
- If they let me…" She began, glancing at the gunmen around.
 
Two of them were watching the hostages from a distance as another one was standing at the door, three others; leader included; talking near the counters as the man who almost shot Jiho dead a few moments ago was sitting on a chair with his rifle on his lap. 
 
"I could stop the bleeding and prevent an infection. But I’ll need material and I’m not sure they’ll give some to me. Jaehyo bit his lip and looked up at the gunmen; his heartbeat speeding up. 
 
- If you had what you need… would Jiho be alright ? He asked and she bit her lip, looking at the younger boy fighting against unconsciousness.
 
- I can’t tell for sure…" She reached a hand towards Jiho’s side but he hissed in pain and flinched away; bringing some gunmen’s attention on them; which made the three of them froze.
 
The men just eyed them a second then resumed watching everyone. 
 
" If the bullet’s out then it’ll be good for him…
 
- And if not ? He dared, afraid of the answer. She looked up at him and he saw how bad it would be if the bullet was still inside Jiho. 
 
- He’ll need medical assistance urgently. If the bullet’s still inside I can’t do much except slow down the bleeding. But it won’t help much if he’s not take care of properly really soon. Jaehyo swallowed thickly and prayed the bullet was out. 
 
- How do we know the bullet’s out ? She glanced down at Jiho’s side and barely moved closer. 
 
- If it’s out, there’ll have an entrance and exit wound. She pointed at Jiho’s stomach then, where blood was staining his shirt. I can tell there’s a bullet wound here… She said, Jaehyo looking down at the pointed spot. If you could see if there’s one in his back, then we’ll know for sure."
 
Jaehyo stared down at Jiho’s pale face, so much fear nibbling at his stomach that he could have been sick. 
 
"Jiho ! He shook his younger having his eyes closed, and he groaned as answer, cracking his eyelids open to glare at him. You have to stay awake. He told him, which annoyed his younger apparently.
 
- I know… He growled out, trying to move his numbing body, but only hurt himself. 
 
- Jiho ? He called, waiting for an answer; and Jiho groaned. I need to see if there’s a bullet wound in your back. Jiho tensed, looking up at his elder in fear and pain. 
 
- Why would you need to do that ? He slurred back, irritated and scared. 
 
- I need to know if the bullet’s still inside. The younger boy stiffened, a pained expression forming on his face. 
 
- What if it’s still inside ? He asked, worry piercing his voice. 
 
- It won’t be good. Answered Jaehyo after a moment, silence passing between the boys as they both contemplated what this could mean. 
 
- Go ahead… He said then, tensing in fear of what his elder would say once he would have checked him. 
 
- I’ll be careful." He assured him, Jiho groaning as answer. 
 
Carefully sliding his hand towards his younger’s back, he hesitated about his next move. Should he touch to feel the wound, or move him and take a look ? 
 
He doubted moving Jiho was the best or even easiest thing to do; so he opted for the first option and began patting softly the bloody shirt; not daring pressing his fingers to feel Jiho’s body. 
 
He felt a tear in his younger’s shirt then, and felt a wave of joy cross his body. 
 
"There’s a hole in his shirt. He whispered hopefully to SooAe.
 
- Do you feel the wound ? She asked instead of being as happy as him. 
 
- I don’t know, certainly. I said he had a hole in his shirt.
 
- And I heard you. But we can’t take any risk, we need to know for sure the bullet went through. Tensing, Jaehyo hated the woman for a second, then knew she was right and looked down at Jiho. 
 
- I’m sorry. He whispered, before pulling the t-shirt up a bit to touch the skin under it; and Jiho gasped in pain, jerking away from him which caught people’s attention. 
 
- What’s going on here ? Snapped the leader’s voice, footsteps coming closer as Jiho gasped against him, trying to control the painful waves in his body and his panting breath. 
 
- Jae… He gasped, Jaehyo tightening his grip on him as apologize, his hair as comfort.
 
- I’m sorry. I’m sorry Ji… Just calm down. I’m sorry. 
 
- The hell…? He gasped some more, his mind clouded by pain.
 
- What are you doing you two ?" Came the leader’s voice, two rifles pointed at them then. 
 
Jaehyo stared up at the men in front of them, fear growing on him at the menacing look in the leader’s eyes. 
 
"What are you doing ? Snapped again the man, glaring at them as Jiho eventually calmed down against him; paler than before. 
 
- I’m sure they were trying to send some message or something. Answered one of the three in front of them; the one who had snorted at the crying girl before. 
 
- Is it true ? Asked the leader with his calm, paused voice; which did not reassure Jaehyo for the record. 
 
- I… No ! I was just checking on him. Snorting man snorted. 
 
- Say instead you were looking for his phone, or a weapon even, who knows. Jaehyo’s eyes widened in horror at such presumption. 
 
- What ? Of course not. I was just checking for an exit wound. The three men had their faces struck by surprise, until they wiped the expression away quickly. 
 
- Exit wound ? Repeated the leader and Jaehyo nodded. Since when idols are so good doctors ? He shot to no one in particular, making his men chuckle. 
 
- I told him to look for one ! Interfered SooAe for Jaehyo’s greatest horror; as now the gunmen had their eyes on her.
 
- And you are little miss ? Smirked the Leader, clearly amused by the whole situation. 
 
- Lee SooAe. She answered with assurance under Jaehyo’s scared and now admiring eyes. I’m working at the nursery across the street. The three men shared an amused look then looked down at her. 
 
- So tell me Lee SooAe… SooAe glared at the taunting tone. Can you explain me why you asked for such thing when you’re obviously, not a doctor. Some men laughed.
 
- I studied some medicine by the past, so I know about such wounds. 
 
- Oh, really now ? 
 
- Yes. Really." She shot back through gritted teeth.
 
The leader stared back at SooAe for a moment then grinned, looking at the two at his sides then. 
 
"Search them ! He motioned for Jiho and Jaehyo, the older boy tensing hard while tightening his grip around his younger. 
 
- Yes sir. Answered the two men before stepping closer to the two idols. Get up ! Ordered snort man’s friend, Jaehyo just staring up at them in fear. I said get up !" He snapped, grabbing him to yank him up on his feet; forcing him to drop Jiho on the floor, again.
 
He heard his younger groan and gasp in his back as the man dragged him a foot or two away from the hostages and kicked his legs apart, making him held his arms up horizontally before searching him.
 
SooAe was beside Jiho as soon as Jaehyo was snatched away from him, and caught his head before it could hit the floor and hurt him even more. 
 
"Shh, it’s okay. She whispered, caressing his sweaty hair away from his forehead. 
 
- Jae…? He groaned, trying to open his eyes; but the pain was too much yet.
 
- Shh, don’t worry. He’s fine. He’ll be back in a second. She brushed some more hair away before spotting snorting man coming to them. Wait ! She snapped, moving closer to Jiho as protection, her hand held out. 
 
- Move aside little miss ! Grinned back the man, staring down at her. 
 
- Wai… She did not have time to finish, the man grabbed her arm and shoved her away, making Jiho’s head knock against the floor. The later winced in another agonizing wave of pain. 
 
- Come here, idol boy. Sing-song the man, moving above Jiho laying on his side at the verge of unconsciousness. Let’s search this body of yours. He added, grabbing his wrist to lift his arm and remove his jacket, making him gasp and cry out in pain in the process. 
 
- You’re hurting him ! Snapped SooAe, trying to move closer.
 
- Make one more move and I’ll do more than hurt him. He threatened with a finger pointed at her; and she froze, her eyes widening. Good girl. He praised then focused back on Jiho panting on the floor. So, what do we have here. He said playfully, straightening up as he patted the jacket in his hand. Hum, some gum and wallet… He patted the other pocket and found nothing, tossing the clothes away then. What about your pants, hum ? He added, as if Jiho was aware enough to hear and understand him. Oh, look at this… He grinned, taking a cell phone out of Jiho’s back pocket. A phone. He added, shoving it in his pocket. What else do you have idol boy ? He resumed, patting his waist and pockets way too roughly; which made him cry out in pain more than once. 
 
- So, what do you have ? Asked the leader at the man coming back with Jaehyo.
 
- Just a phone and wallet. He answered, shrugging and handing the items to his leader. 
 
- What about him ? 
 
- He had his phone in his jean’s back pocket. Answered snorting man with a grin. Then nothing much interesting. He finished, eventually stepping away from Jiho panting and trying to curl on himself in pain. 
 
- Well, now we’re at this. Shot the leader loud enough for everyone to hear. Everyone take off their jackets, shoes and socks and empty their pockets ! He ordered, his men coming closer to the frightened hostages standing up hesitantly. Get his shoes ! He ordered, pointing at Jiho, and snorting man nodded with a smirk. 
 
- Take off your shoes ! Snapped the man in front of Jaehyo, shoving him uselessly in the shoulder. 
 
- So, Lee SooAe. Grinned the leader now standing in front of her. What do you have to hide ? He added teasingly, winning a glare he found utterly amusing. 
 
- Why are you doing this ? The man laughed at here aplomb. 
 
- I don’t have to answer you. He shot back, his gaze darkening then. Now get ride of these shoes and empty your pockets." He ordered, SooAe doing as said, kicking her high heels away before taking off her jacket to empty the pockets; tossing the clothes away once down.
 
The leader eyed her lower body with a grin, seeing perfectly she could not hide anything in her skirt. 
 
"Raise the skirt ! He ordered.
 
- What ? She gasped, suddenly scared.
 
- You heard me. He answered with a grin. Raise your skirt and turn on yourself."
 
Hearing such order, Jaehyo’s eyes widened but he could not do anything and then just watched as SooAe lowered her head in shame and grabbed her skirt, pulling it up before turning on herself; showing to whoever watching her pastel and beautiful thighs and forms. 

It was humiliating and Jaehyo hated the man for doing this to her, the blush on her face everything but cute at the right moment.



 
New chapter, hope you liked it.
 
I have no medical knowledge and I'm just using what I could remember from some shows and all... so don't judge me too hard on this please ^^
 
You had some JaeCo comfort, hope you liked it ^^
 
Anyway,
 
don't hesitate to leave a Comment or Subscribe or Upvote =)
 
See ya !