Chapter 07

Shot Down

7/

      Pressing his fingers against his head, his eyes closed in annoyance as a start of a migraine attacked him, SeungTae was not sure to be able to contain himself any longer as the crowd behind him kept screaming and shouting at him to do something.

The girls' voices and irritating slogans had quickly get on his nerves, at the second he had seen them gather behind the security tape in fact, and knowing he could not do anything about them only added to his growing annoyance.

As if he did not have enough problem like this.

Now there was dozen of teenagers screaming for their idols' safety and the police's lack of action. He could not stand hearing them shout at him he was a shame for the country and he should do what those armed men wanted.

The did they know anyway ? He could not comply to any of the demands as it was in the protocol to never do so. It was not him who did not want to give what was asked, even if he had no will to let the Kim brothers out after everything they had done, but if he had a peaceful way to put to an end this situation he would have used it since a long time now.

He did not need freaking little girls to come scream at him this and put even more pressure on him.

He already knew what was at risk, already knew those men were not joking and people's lifes were in danger. But he could not do anything at all for the time being.

They had no way inside the building, no way of negotiation as both side knew they would not let the Kims out, and SeungTae felt trapped by the situation. He did not want another hostage situation to end as his previous one, but he knew he did not have much power over it yet.

He was maybe the one in charge, but his orders were coming from above and it was completely forbidden to comply to the criminals, no matter what.

"Sir ? He wanted to ignore Daehyun, but he still looked up, a glance at the teenagers behind him forcing a grimace on his face. Chief Choi Soo Hyun want to talk to you."

He could not hide the snarl this time, knowing perfectly if the chief wanted to talk to him it was for nothing good.

He knew at the second the video was spread on internet something like that would happen, and knew too he would get because of it. But he had still hoped he had some more time before being forced to face the man.

He hated the guy moreover, and if it had been possible he would have sent someone else to talk to Choi.

Sighing, he nodded tiredly and stood up from the passenger seat he was on in one of the police car. His body was sore and exhausted, the situation only making things worst than it should, and heading to the van designed by Daehyun, each steps felt heavier than the previous one.

He definitely did not want to talk to Chief Choi Soo Hyun.

X_x_x_X

      "We're gonna die.

- Shut up !

- How can you tell me to shut up when it could be my last words ?"

Jaehyo sent him a dark look, stating clearly he was not being funny at all and he should just rest instead of doing silly jokes.

Their situation had nothing funny and Jiho knew it, but he could not help voice what he had on his mind, wanting secretly to hear everything would be alright and he was just talking nonsense. But his elder's reaction told him otherwise.

Jaehyo's fear was clear in his eyes and none of his attempts to hide it worked.

Jiho could see perfectly how screwed they were, and he felt like crying for a second, lying as he was on the floor with a bleeding gun wound and his head on his elder's lap. He was weak, vulnerable and the overall made him even more pessimist than he was usually.

"I'm thirsty." He growled in a husky voice, his throat and mouth so dry that he would have kill for something to drink.

Hearing that, Jaehyo looked around, finding of course nothing to satisfy his younger, the perspective of asking something to Monday or any of the two others beyond frightening and sickening. They were ignoring them so far and he was feeling like if he was attracting any kind of attention then it would be the end of them.

"Jae…?" Hearing Jiho's raw and weak voice, Jaehyo looked down and stared in his younger's tired eyes.

He could not stand seeing how pale Jiho was, nor how sweaty he was, or how dry his lips were, and how weak his expression seemed. He was feeling like losing his younger and being unable to do anything only worsened the desperation he had inside him.

"You think Taeil will be mad at me ?

- For what ?" He answered with a frown, the question really taking him aback.

He could not understand why his younger was thinking about such thing in such situation, the breathy chuckle bringing him out of his thoughts quickly.

"You know his fishes..." He began, and Jaehyo immediately had an idea what Jiho could be worried about, and he could not help roll his eyes at the thought.

His younger liked way too much annoy people around him, and Taeil was not someone to mess with. But even knowing that Jiho was keeping his stupid act up and making fun out of him, playing jokes he would get for.

"Don't react so dramatically… He whispered at the deep sigh Jaehyo let out, his shoulders slouching and his head dropping. I just wanted to know if they liked sodas… He continued, and Jaehyo could have let escape a long, exasperated sigh in any other kind of situation.

- You have to be kidding me… He whispered back more for himself than Jiho. Jeez Ji, you know how much Tae likes his fishes. Why the hell did you mess with them ?

- I was just curious, okay. He shot back, his voice low and weak. I thought it would do nothing, but when we left the dorm earlier I think I saw one of his fish didn't look so good.

- God Ji…" He rolled his eyes, sighing once again at his younger's confession.

He could already see the scene in his head when Taeil would notice his dying or dead fish, and he knew how mad and sad he would be. Jiho was such an inconsiderate sometimes, and if they were getting out of here alive he was sure their elder would end the leader's life in no time.

"Jae…!" He heard again and thought his younger had another confession to make, but when he looked down he saw Jiho's face contorted in pain and his back arching.

The hand he was pressing on his wound in a futile attempt to appease his torment now covered in fresh blood pouring out of him.

"Wh… what happened Jiho ? He panicked, having no idea what to do or say. Are you okay ?"

He knew it was a stupid question, he knew it was a freaking stupid question, but he could not ask anything else as his younger was wriggling in pain and gritting his teeth forcefully, his sweaty hair rubbing on his pants.

"It hurts… He managed through his teeth, some more blood pouring on the hand he was pressing against his side.

- Huh… hum… please ! He called for the gunmen then, desperation winning over him. Please, he needs help !" He begged as the men looked at him with no real expression in their eyes, as if they did not care if Jiho was dying or not.

He felt tears in his eyes, his hands pulling his younger closer to him in an useless attempt to sooth him and appease him. He did not know what was wrong though, did not know what could have happen in a second for Jiho to be in such sudden pain, and he then had no idea what he was supposed to do.

"What happened ? Asked Monday with a step towards them, Wednesday following him closely.

- I… I don't know. He just… he just started wriggling around in pain. I… don't know what's going on… Please ! He looked up at the man and begged him silently to do something. You have to help him."

Wednesday snorted, as if Jaehyo had just said something nonsensical and hilarious. Monday seemed to considerate his request though, his gaze on Jiho biting his lip in hope to keep under control the pain he was assaulted by.

It did not seem to do much to help him though as his body kept jerking here and there in agony.

X_x_x_X

      Saying he was angry and frustrated would be an understatement, but saying he was beyond worried and scared would be the plain truth.

Not that he was that worried about his career or reputation after what they were about to do would be over, even if facing the medias and public opinion would not be that great. It was not what he was the most worried about.

No.

His concern was about this sudden plan Chief Choi had imposed them, telling them they did not have anymore time and this situation had to be put under control. Meaning he was getting from above him for the critics citizens were sending right and left and he wanted it to stop.

The guy did not care about the hostages' lifes, did not care if they were hurt or not, and cared even less about what a disaster his sudden brilliant plan would be.

SeungTae knew though, and being the one in charge of it by force only made him sick even more. The ing bastard was letting him all the pleasure to explain what would happen and that no, they did not care if hostages were being hurt in the process because these men had to be arrested and put behind bars.

What a ing this Choi was.

SeungTae had the almost uncontrollable need to punch some sense into him, but he knew he could not, that he was not desperate enough and still had his sanity. But God it was tempting to hit this son of a in his fat cheek.

This man knew nothing and was just worried about his reputation and job. As if it was SeungTae's problem the politics and superiors were not happy about the bad publicity this video had made for them.

He could not care less considering innocent people's lifes were at risk at the right moment.

But what could he say in the matter ? Chief Choi was still the one in charge behind the scene and he did not have other choice than listen to him. As frustrating and angering it could be.

SeungTae could just hope now the plan would not happen as bloodily as he knew it sounded.

What would be the use of ending with maybe one or two criminals in cuffs while every single other people inside this building would be dead ? It would only save faces to Choi and these people above him, SeungTae knowing he would be the one in the line of fire after that.

this bastard !

X_x_x_X

 

      Jaehyo could not believe these men were just ignoring them even after witnessing Jiho's agony.

He hated them so much at the right moment. He had begged them for help, begged them to do something, but he was just laughed at and ignored. How he wanted to kill them all for doing this to them.

A whimper from Jiho brought his attention on him, forcing him to look away from the gunmen he was glaring at so far with teary eyes.

"Jiho… He whispered, his voice trembling and hurting as he was sure his younger was dying in his arms.

- Jae… Managed out his leader, his voice scared and raw.

- It's gonna be alright. He assured him, hugging his head close to him in desperation, because he knew it was not alright and something horrible was happening. It's gonna be alright Ji…" He whispered again, his cheek pressed against his younger's wet blond hair, the muffled whimpers and sobs hurting him so much at the right moment.

      Jiho was terrified. More than terrified, because the pain was unbearable and he knew something bad was happening to him. He did not want to die like this nor now, but he could feel it was what was happening and neither him or Jaehyo could do anything against it.

He was bleeding out on this floor, his insides hurting so much that he was at the verge of passing out again, and no one was doing a ing thing to stop it.

God it hurts ! He did not know if he just shouted this out loud, but he knew he arched in pain and some sounds left his mouth, Jaehyo's grip on him trembling and tightening.

"Jiho… He heard his elder sob, terror clear in his voice.

- Please… He begged, not sure for what or to who, but he needed the pain to stop.

- I'm sorry Jiho." Sobbed back Jaehyo, hugging his head once again.

The gesture scared him and comforted him at the same time, the pain forgotten for only half a second before it was freaking back to torture him.

What the hell was happening ? He was not suffering so much a moment ago. So what the ing hell was happening to him ?

      Panic was the master word to describe the two boy's emotional state at the right moment, and it only worsened when sudden explosions were heard and sent almost everyone in the room down to protect themselves.

Jaehyo did his possible to protect his younger as screams of fear and panic were heard outside, even if a continual deafened ring was assaulting his ears, he could still hear the voices outside the room they were in.

He was not sure what had happened, had absolutely no idea what could be going on to be honest, but he knew for sure he was scared out of his mind. He was almost sure him and Jiho would be dead in no time now and if these men already moving around and organizing themselves were not shooting them, then those explosions they had heard would certainly end their lifes.

What the hell was going on ?

Jaehyo was so confused and too preoccupied by Jiho to really care anyway. As long as the both of them would be safe he could not care less about everything else.

"Stay here !" He heard and looked up just in time to see Monday and Wednesday rush out of the room, rifles in hands and determined to kill whoever was waiting for them out of here.

Thursday still with them stood up from his seat and stepped closer to them, his weapon in hand and gaze unreadable. Jaehyo almost expected him to kill them, but the man only stopped not far from them and just watched, as if they were in any condition to try anything.

Jiho was freaking dying in his arms !

      Nothing was heard for a few seconds, then gunshots erupted from outside the room, making Jaehyo gasp and Thursday tense, an hesitant look sent behind him. Jaehyo only prayed he would not take this as a sign to end their lifes.

More gunshots were heard, and it sounded almost like a war was happening in the main room, Jaehyo feeling for the first time better to be in this room instead of there.

"Don't move !" Snapped Thursday when he involuntarily tried to move a bit away from his position to a safer one in the corner.

Jaehyo froze and widened his eyes in fear, staring straight at the barrel pointed at him. He thought how easy and quick it would be to shoot him, that he would not even see it come nor feel it. He wondered what would happen to Jiho once he would be dead, wondered if the man would kill him too or let him agonize.

Blinking when the rifle was lowered, he felt burning tears in his eyes and could not believe his own thoughts.

They would be alright. They had to be.

      Shouts, gunshots and panicked screams echoed outside the room, and Thursday was clearly hesitating about what to do. Jaehyo prayed he would just go and leave them alone. That maybe if he was doing so they would have a chance to get out of there alive.

Jaehyo recognized some words, as 'drop your weapon' or 'get down', and he wondered a second if it was the police before realizing how his own interrogation was stupid.

Of course it was the police, who else could it be ? Another bunch of gunmen claiming the hostage situation ? How stupider could he be ?

Trying once again to retreat in the corner for more safety, he kept his gaze on Thursday too preoccupied by what was happening outside the room to mind them yet. Jaehyo could only pray he would forget them long enough for him to move them in the corner.

He did not know why he was so obsessed by this corner, but in the whole room it felt like the safest place, considering the door was the closer to the war outside and the center the closer to the gunman with them.

The corner was definitely the safest place in here.

      Jaehyo froze literately when Monday, Wednesday and Saturday all appeared in the room, rushing inside as if death itself was after them. Which could be the case considering the situation, but it was not a time for such reflection.

"What's going on ? Asked Thursday, fear clear in his voice.

- They got inside. Answered Monday, worryingly still as calm as before.

- What about the bombs ?

- They blown them up." Answered the leader, which clearly shocked Thursday.

Jaehyo felt the exact same way, because he could not believe the police had just forced their way inside knowing there was bombs all around and it could harm the hostages. What the hell was going on ?

"Come on ! We need to move." Rushed the leader before Thursday was hurrying towards the rest of the gunmen leaving the room without even a single look at them in the corner.

Monday and Wednesday did stop though, and Jaehyo would have love so much if they had not, because his growing hope they would both survive this hell was disappearing like ice under the sun, and he could not restrain the tears filling his eyes at the perspective they would be killed in a second.

Without a word, the two men armed their rifle at them, and Jaehyo saw clearly the smirk under Wednesday's mask. The son of a was enjoying this, and if he was not that terrified to die Jaehyo would have hated him and glare at him.

He knew it was over for them now, and he could not help close his eyes on his near death.

He did not want to see this, and he hoped Jiho was out in his arms because being shot a second time was not something he wanted him conscious for.

      He could feel his elder's grip on him tighten, almost painfully, but he could not blame him when he opened his eyes and stared a bit distantly at the two men at the door aiming their rifles at them.

He thought it was the moment for them to die, and he could not even feel scared about it, as the pain was still killing him and he could only pray for something to end it. He had for a long time overcome this basic concept of fear in front of a gun moreover, and now he was just feeling tired more than anything else.

Just be quick. Was his only thought, the rifles firing and exploding in his ears, hurting his already pounding head before blood was splattered and pain erupted inside him, a cry of agony passing his lips before he was feeling himself drift away.

"Jiho…" Was the last thing he heard from Jaehyo who had fallen over him, his weight hurting like a .

Then there was nothing and he could not welcome this darkness more gladly.

It was finally over.



Okay, I managed a new chapter... Yeah *self celebration lmfao*

No, just kidding. But I'm really happy for posting a new chapter... because this story nearing the end and I love so much when I'm able to finish a story ^^

I hate when I get stuck and lost total instpiration... but I managed to get my lazy self to write something and carried this story more or less as I wanted.

You don't know how glad I am xD.

I don't know what the chapter's worth, or if you'll even like it... but it turned out not so bad considering the lack of motivation and inspirationg I had for this story lately (and a few others too T.T)

It makes me feel a bit proud of mysefl to be able to overcome this little curse of mine when I post an unfinished story.

(Even if for some I'm stil stuck *cry in a corner out of frustration*)

Anyway... As often I talk too much about irrelevant things no one cares about.

But whatever, I want to talk so I do so...

Well,

I hope you liked this chapter and are not too bored with this story ^^

See you next chapter that will maybe be the last, I don't know yet.

But I do know there is not much chapter left (at least one, at most three -but I doubt it ^^)

Bye.