Chapter 7.

She resembles you.

“It's already been two weeks Destiny, almost three. He still hasn't called, right?” Ji Sun unnie asked as we were having a break from the recording of our life diary. We were on the sofa while everyone else was working on cleaning up around the dorm.

 

“Yeah, but I guess it's okay. I wasn't expecting anything from him."

 

“What did you tell him that day that made him so upset?”

 

“I kept on rejecting him and all the feelings he tried to convey me. I prefer him to stay out of my life. It's no good for the both of us. Wait...The three of us is more appropriate.”

 

“I'm sorry if I keep bothering you but, why don't you let him in? You said that he's Verah's father, don't you think that he deserves to know it? You can't hide her from him forever. Tonight the first episode of the diary is gonna air, you think he won't see any similarity to himself? It's better if he knows the truth from you and not from the media. Furthermore, how do you think his company will handle it? Destiny, he needs to know it so he can be prepared... We don't know how can saesang fans will react. It cannot harm only Myungsoo and you, but also Verah.”

 

“Unnie, I don't think I can do it...”

 

“Yes you can. You solved every problem in the past. So, take your phone and call him, now.”

 

“I don't have his number.”

 

“Call Sunggyu ssi.”

 

“They're not in Korea, they're on tour...”

 

“I know. And I also know that right know he just woke up, call him.”

 

That night.

 

All the girls were squashed in the sofa while Verah and I were sitting on the floor in front of the TV. It was almost time of the first broadcast. The girls' chat stopped as soon as the intro of the program started playing on the screen and then Verah's smiling face appeared. The broadcast kept going on and the girls kept on making funny comments about the happenings. We kept on making funny jokes until a serious scene started to play. It was a dialogue between me and Jess, the topic? Verah's father. A week before the day of the recording I told the girls everything about him and why he wasn't helping me to raise her. On the episode that was airing there was Jess who asked me something about a future father for Verah: “Are you planning on finding a father for Verah?”
“I don't know Jess. Right now we're rather busy, and I don't know if there's someone who wants to date me knowing that I have a kid of almost 2.”
“We never know! One of Beast sunbaenims seems to like you and they all love Verah. How can a person not fall for her charms?”
“Yah, Jess! Don't say things without thinking! You'll start a scandal this way. Ugh, I hope they won't air this part.”

 

“I guess they didn't want listen to you Destiny.” Kim while chewing some chips keeping her eyes on the screen. “By the way, did you tell to Myungsoo oppa about being someone's father?”

 

“Yes...”

 

“WHAT?!?” All the girls, except Ji Sun, shouted and jumped from the couch. Mouth wide open.

 

“What did he say?”

 

“How did he react?”

 

“Is he happy about it? Is he mad?”

 

“Unnies, please sit down. Let's finish watching the broadcast and then I'll tell you everything. Now I'll put Verah to bed, so please, keep quiet.” I left the room and went to my room. Putting Verah to bed was an excuse, I didn't want them to keep on asking me every detail of what Myungsoo and I talked about. I had to recollect all my thoughts and find a way to tell them in a calm and relaxed way. When I thought that they would have calmed down a little I returned to the living room, leaving Verah sleeping peacefully in her bed.

 

“Destiny, there's just about 10 minutes left until the end. Can't you tell us now?” Kim was always the impatient one, she kept on jumping on the sofa making the girls on her sides frustrated. I could help to smile a little thinking about what I was going to tell them.

 

“Yah! Destiny! What are you smiling for? Is it for Myungsoo?! Yah! I'm jealous.”

 

“Kim unnie. Please, be a little more patient. Everything will be revealed in less than 10 minutes. In the meantime pay attention to the screen.”

 

“She's right unnie. Be patient! Your continuous jumping up and down it's annoying.”

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Girls!” Ji Sun at the end stopped the two girls from starting a fight, something that is common to happen between the two.
When the broadcast ended, the TV was turned off and the girls fixed their stare to me, waiting for me to tell them what happened before.

 

“So...” I started.

 

“Yeah, go on...”

 

“Unnie, shut up please if you want me to tell you. Anyway, this afternoon, during the break, Ji Sun unnie convinced me to tell everything to Myungsoo.”

 

“So you knew everything and you kept shut!” Kim accused Ji Sun who just shrugged.

 

“ANYWAY... I decided to call him. He just woke up and I thought he was still abroad for his tour, but it wasn't like that, he was in his dorm resting since he just got back in the morning. I told him that if he wanted I could've called later, he seemed really tired.”

 

“How sweet... You were worried about him...”
 

“Jess, don't you start too with those comments. So, he said that he was okay that I could talk to him, even if he didn't really sound happy. I told him so but he said that it was just because of tiredness but I didn't believe him and, anyway... I started a conversation like those usual how have you been? Are you okay? What about the tour? I didn't even notice that he kept on talking for about half an hour...”

 

“Destiny, stop smiling. I know that you're happy, but don't be too much please!” Kim showed a disgusted but funny face. I didn't realized that I was smiling while talking about that stupid conversation between L and I.

 

“Anyhow... Little by little, we arrived to the main reason why I called. I apologized for how I treated him that day and explained him that, right now, I'm not taken by anyone. He seemed like his mood lighted up when I told him so. Then, I started to talk about my daughter. He started to ask so many questions but I couldn't answer them on the phone, so, we decided to meet up.”

 

“Don't tell me that you missed the last hour of recording to meet up with him...”

 

“Yes...”

 

“Oh no, you didn't! Why didn't you bring me with you?”

 

“Unnie, I had to tell him that Verah is his daughter, why did I have to bring you? I don't mean to be impolite but... I hope you understand...”

 

“Of course, I do. I was just messing with you!”

 

“Anyway, we met at a café and we started to talk face to face, after so long...”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: The next chapter will be like a flash back of what happened at the café, I didn't like to explain the events in a dialogue :3 I hope I'll be able to put it on soon. :D 
Anyway, I lost a subscriber! TT.TT Buhuhuhuhu.... I'm sorry for updating so late, this week I've been busy with voluntary work and school. Sorry :(