Chapter 9.

She resembles you.

I was tired. Because of all the schedules these past weeks I couldn't sleep for more than 4 hours per day, this was the first night in which I could go to sleep before 1 am but then, my precious sleep was interrupted by all hubbub from the living room. I wasn't the only one whose sleep was interrupted: Verah, who was sleeping in the same bed as me, started to move and agitate. Soon, she started to cry. I sit up and took her in my arms trying to calm her down. In the meantime, the voices from the living room didn't stop. “See? You woke her up!”
“I didn't mean to!”
“Where do you think you're going? You can't go in there!”
-He wasn't coming to my room, was he?- And what I was worrying about happened. My door opened and at the doorstep Myungsoo's figure appeared, followed by Ji Sun's.
I wasn't in the mood to talk with him or have an argument, I was too tired, I just wanted to make Verah fall asleep and go to sleep as well. I looked at him and then ignored him. He stayed there for some seconds then came inside the room. He sat down beside me while I was following his movements with my eyes. He extended his arms towards Verah and put his hands to her sides. He slightly pulled Verah towards him signaling his intentions to take her, I refused to let her go. Then, he pulled again and, uncertain, I let him take her. Ji Sun was still at the doorstep looking at us not knowing what to do. I gestured her that it was okay and that she could go back to sleep. She gave me a doubtful look before going back to her room. When she got inside I turned my head to my left where Myungsoo was sitting with Verah laying on his lap. She was fully awake and she was looking with her big eyes at the guy who was holding her, he, in return, gave her one of his beautiful smiles. Her little hands stretched out trying to touch his face, I thought it was just because of her habit to touch people's faces but it wasn't like that this time: she tried to touch that part of his face where tears rolled over. I didn't notice at first that he was crying, I understood just when he looked up at me. He's eyes expressed pain, but he still managed to give me a little smile. “Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you, be by your side and grow her up too...” I didn't know how to react, I just kept on looking at him in the eyes. I couldn't formulate any reasonable thought, my mind was numb. He then returned his attention to the baby on his lap. He stand her up and hugged her tight. Verah wrapped her little arms around his neck and placed her right cheek in the crook of his neck. Myungsoo put his chin on her little shoulder and I could see him closing his eyes, enjoying the moment. His lips curved into a smile. They stayed like that for a while and I started to feel out of place. They seemed like they knew each other from the first day she came to this world. I felt the urge to hug both of them but I tried to fight it. Many thoughts started to make their ways in my mind and I started to feel my eyelids getting heavier. I closed my eyes for a while and when I reopened them I found my head leaned on Myungsoo's shoulder. Verah wasn't anymore hugging him but she was laid on his lap, her head in his left arm's crook and she was sleeping. Then, my eyes closed again.
When I woke up the next morning I found my self tucked in my bed, blankets all over me. Then I realized that my pillow wasn't as soft as it usually was. I looked around moving just my eyes and realized that I was sleeping on someone's chest. I slightly lifted up my head and saw Myungsoo's sleeping face. He looked so peaceful. His left arms was around my shoulders and after a while looking at him with shocked eyes, he tightened his grasp on me and embraced me, putting his right leg around mine. I was blocked. “Go back to sleep.” He muttered, “and stop looking at my beautiful face.” He said putting his chin on my head. I couldn't move any part of my body. “Let me go...”
He didn't budge. I started to move like an earthworm trying to get out from his grasp but it was useless. He was holding me tight. Of course I didn't dislike it, if I could I would've stayed in his arms for countless hours doing nothing, enjoy his presence. But I couldn't permit him to do this to me, I was still trying to forget him and he wasn't helping at all. First he wants to talk, then, when I give him the opportunity, he doesn't take it, and at the end he comes back holding me this tight. My mind and heart couldn't understand anything at that moment. My heart was beating so fast and hard that I was afraid he could feel it. My mind wasn't connected to my body thus I couldn't say or do anything. I was blushing so hard and by instinct I lowered my head, which, by our positions might have looked like I wanted to cuddle. “I don't remember you being this cuddly.” He chuckled.
I looked up wanting to tell answer back, but when I lifted my head, I was met by Myungsoo's beautiful eyes looking down at me. Our noses touched and our lips just inches apart. I didn't realize that we were that close. Instead of looking back down, my mind, that was still not working very well, stopped my actions and I was paralyzed again. “In these two years you became even more beautiful. I thought that it was impossible to do so but it seems like I was wrong.” He smiled. My cheeks were on fire. “And you're cuter than how I remembered you, with this rosy cheeks...” He chuckled. I blinked a few times. “Yah! Let me go!” I finally said when I got back the control of my brain. I started to move again and even this time I couldn't free myself. I tried to roll over him but he rolled with me until we found the end of the bed and we fell down. Fortunately, the bed wasn't really high so the impact with the floor wasn't really hard. Of course, who had to be at the bottom was me, squashed by Myungsoo weight. “Yah! Myungsoo! You're heavy! Get off me!” I shouted forgetting that Verah was still sleeping. I kept on telling him to get off me then someone barged inside. I tried to see who it was but I couldn't see anything since there was Myungsoo's body blocking the view.

“YAH, YOU PUNKS! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?!” It was Sunggyu's voice.

Verah started to cry and Myugsoo, finally, got off me, leaving me laying on the floor embarrassed by the situation Sunggyu found us in. I heard him going out of the room, and when I was sure he wasn't there anymore I sat up. Myungsoo was rocking Verah while humming a melody. I looked at him, I started to think about what happened the past hours.

“Myungsoo-yah, what are we doing?”