Chapter 2.

She resembles you.

“Verah-ah, why did it have to happen today? We haven't officially debuted yet, and our secret was almost discovered. But of course, you didn't do anything wrong. It's your mommy's fault...”

 

How much I envied her innocence, the fact that she doesn't need to worry about anything. As I was talking she just looked at me with reassuring eyes; the eyes that reminded me him. It's been almost two years already, and I couldn't forget him, but how could I? He was my first love, the person that I thought I would've spent all my life with. What a stupid I was...

 

“What did your mom do wrong?” A male voice suddenly spoke. Seated next to me, in the van, there was Sunggyu.

 

-What the...? Did he really follow me?-

 

But Sunggyu didn't even look at me, he was looking at the baby in my lap. “Annyeong little girl!” He said, “I'm Sunggyu oppa, nice to meet you!” He gave her his hand to shake. She just took it and started to play with the rings on his fingers. “What's your name?” He continued.

 

“Berah!”

 

“Oh, what a nice name! How old are you Verah?” Verah tried to answer but just babbles came out from .

 

“Ahaha, kyeoptaa!” Then, silence. Verah kept on playing with the rings while Sunggyu just looked at her smiling. I didn't know what to do. I was just looking at the two of them. Then, Verah managed to slip off a ring from Sunggyu's finger and she started to giggle.

 

“Aigoo, such a cute laugh. It resembles yours, Jae Lyn.” He then, after about 10 minutes since he was in the car, looked at me. I kept my head down, looking at Verah. I couldn't face him. I was so ashamed. Sunggyu's the leader of Myungsoo's group. He always supported me and Myungsoo. He was like an older brother to me. When we had arguments, Sunggyu always helped us out. He was always there, even if I talked really bad about . I felt really close to him, like he was a part of my family. I needed a male figure, except Myungsoo, when I lived with my aunt. She was always busy with her work and during that time I was starting to show some “symptoms” of adolescence. But then, when Myungsoo and I broke up, it's not only the relationship with him that stopped, but also with Sunggyu's. I shut the door in front of his face. He tried to get Myungsoo and me together, but nothing happened.

 

“Jae Lyn, you don't need to hide it from me. You think that I wouldn't recognize you? You were like a little sister to me! How can I not recognize you? Why don't you talk to me?” And then, all the emotions and feelings inside me, burst out. Tears started to fall down, I couldn't control them. Verah felt something wet falling down on her. She looked at me, “Moommy, wae?” She got up and hugged me. I tried to hide my face putting it on the crook of Verah's neck. “Shtooop.” Then I felt Sunggyu my back. “Don't cry Jae.”

 

“I'm... I'm sorry.”

 

“You went through a difficult time, you don't need to be sorry. I can understand it.”

 

-Why are you always so nice? You should be angry with me.- “No, you should be really mad at me! I ran away. I completely exited from your life without saying anything. When you tried to call me I didn't pick up the phone, when you texted I didn't reply to any message. After a while I changed number and I moved out from my aunt's house. This isn't something that a close friend should do!”

“Of course I was angry, but not until now. I was more worried about you! What is she doing? Where is she? Who's she with? This is what I wondered until 1 hour ago, for almost two years, that is what bothered me. But, do you know who was even more worried?”

 

“Don't say it, please...”

 

“Myungsoo. Myungsoo, for the first months, was always thinking about you. He couldn't forget, and he still can't do it. Sometimes, when he sleeps, he says your name, you know how talkative he is when sleeping. He hides the fact that he misses you, but we can see in his eyes that something it's missing.”

 

“Why would he miss me? He's the one who broke up with me...”

 

“He thought that it was for your best. You know saesang fans, it's not really safe when their around. Sometimes, they call us, during the day and also at night, when we try to rest. One time, they managed to get inside our dorm, we had to move. Myungsoo thought that he was doing the right thing. When he realized that he didn't do the right thing, it was already late: you couldn't be found anywhere. We tried to ask your aunt, but she didn't budge, I guess I know the reason now.” And his look moved back to Verah, who was now back sit on my lap. “Who's the father?”

 

-Myungsoo...-

 

“I don't know...”

 

“What do you mean? She's not Myungsoo's?” Sunggyu asked with doubts.

 

“You know, when you feel really really down that you don't know what to do with your life? In that time I needed a friend...”

 

“I was there for you.”

 

“I know, but if I would've seen someone related to Myungsoo, how do you think I would've felt? Anyway, since I needed a friend, I found one in alcohol.”

 

“You were just 16! You started to drink? Did people give you drinks? Really? To an underage? I can't believe it... This means that you had....” Disbelief in his eyes.

 

-I'm sorry oppa if I'm lying to you. This time, it's my turn to protect Myungsoo.-

 

“How many?”

 

“What?”

 

“Men...”

 

“I... I actually don't know...” -I should start acting...-

 

“I'm sorry.”

 

“For what?”

 

“I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to prevent anything of this to happen.”

“Oppa, don't even think about it. It's not your fault, just pretend that you didn't hear this last part.”

 

“How can I? But... I was sure Verah was Myungsoo's. I mean, she resembles him a lot.”

 

-I know, she looks like him.-

 

“Sunggyu oppa, can I ask you a big favor?” I finally looked at him. He didn't actually change a lot. But, in his eyes, the little sparkle that I used to see wasn't there anymore, it was replaced by teary and red eyes. “What's wrong oppa?”

 

“You saying oppa makes all the memories come back.” He forced a smile. “Anyway, what's the favor?”

 

“I know that it's something big and difficult but, could you please don't tell anything to Myungsoo? He doesn't need to know, if he's acting like he forgot me, this is what he wants. If you tell him that you saw me, and moreover with a baby, what do you think will happen to him? Maybe he'll be crashed or he'll be happy to know that I'm doing okay. We don't know.”

 

“Are you doing fine?”

 

“Yes I am. I'm happy with my life.”

 

“But, why are we inside a van? Is it yours? This kind of car is usually used by idols and famous people.”

 

“DESTINY! Why did you leave all of your stuff to us?” Our manager suddenly opened the door shouting.

 

“I'm sorry unnie! But, could you go go out for a moment?”

 

“No, we're late! Come on girls, go inside the van. You have to practice” My members then, went inside the car not noticing Sunggyu's presence, who was shocked and couldn't move because of all the chaos the girls were doing. Then, Sun Yung started the engine and the car started to move.

 

“Practice for what?” Sunggyu asked me in the ear, I looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“Yah, Destiny! We have our debut tonight and you want us to be late for practice?” Kim asked turning around, since I was in the back seats.

 

“Debut? Jae Lyn! Are you in a girl group?!” Sunggyu shouted. All the eyes were now on him.