Chapter 3.

She resembles you.

“Why is Kim Sunggyu in our van?” Sun Yung asked calmly. It was strange, she usually shouts for nothing in particular, her voice is one of those that you can hear clearly even when she tries to whisper.

 

Silence in the van. Everyone was looking at the guy next to me and he was looking at me with confused and worried eyes. Since he didn't talk, I did.

 

“He's a person I used to know.”

 

“What to do you mean 'used'?!” Sunggyu poked my side, and since I'm a ticklish person, I budged which made me almost lose Verah from my grip. Sunggyu then took Verah on his lap. I tried to get her back but he would slap my hands, so I gave up. Sun Yung unnie was waiting for an acceptable answer.

 

“Anyway, Yung unnie. He's an old friend. We haven't seen for a long time and he wanted to chat a little. When you arrived you left immediately without giving him the time to get off.”

 

“Are you saying that it's my fault now?”

 

“Well...”

 

“JEONG JAE LYN!” Suddenly Kim unnie shouted, frightening everyone.

 

“W-what?”

 

“WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT YOU WERE FRIEND WITH INFINITE'S LEADER? You know that I'm an Inspirit and how much I love them! Whyyyyy?”

 

“Sunggyu and I lost contact and I didn't think that we would have met again...”

 

“Of course you were going to meet him again! You're debuting! And this means that you will go to music broadcasts, variety programs and other things... It's obvious that one day you were going to bump into each other! Ugh, Destiny, you should use your brain sometime!”

 

“Kim, cut it. You're exaggerating. If you think about it, you are ALSO debuting and you are going to meet Infinite too... Have you thought about it?” It's incredible how Ji Sun was so calm. She's also an INFINITE fan, but differently from Kim, she was able to contain her excitement.

 

“Well... I'm sorry Destiny... But you still could have told me!”

 

“Sorry...” Kim unnie was so unique. Her 4D personality was so difficult to keep up with. But fortunately, I got used to it and it really doesn't bother me anymore when she suddenly gets angry with me for stupid reasons. Sunggyu, on the other hand, was looking at her with a really strange face, more likely frightened.

 

“Oppa, don't worry about her. She's always like that.”

 

“OMO! Oppa? You call him oppa? Can I call you oppa too? And, I'm sorry for what just happened, please, don't think of me as a freak. I am not, really!”

 

“I-It's okay, you can call me oppa if you really want...” He didn't seem really sure.

 

“Anyway, I haven't introduced myself yet! I'm Kim and I'm the second oldest of our group! She's the leader, as you can see she copied your hair color during your solo activities. She's Ji Sun and she's a really big fan of INFINITE too, but I don't know how she can stay so calm with you in our car!”

 

“Kim, stay calm, don't be so hyper. How many candies have you eaten?”

 

“Sun unnie! You ate them all, I didn't eat anything... Anyway, you already know Destiny so, let's introduce our maknae! Jess is the girl sleeping next to me. She always sleep, she should be most hyper in here since she's the youngest!”

 

Kim kept on talking and talking, she didn't notice that no one was listening to her.

 

Ciak!

 

“What was that? Sunggyu oppa, is it you who took a picture?” I asked. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Sunggyu and Verah taking selcas.

 

“Yup! Look! She's so cute! But seriously, she's not.... Myungsoo's? He whispered his name in my ear, “She has his eyes, and also his lips. Even if you told me that story, I still can't believe she's not his. I know you, Jae Lyn, I know that you wouldn't do anything like that.” He kept whispering.

 

“If you don't believe me, then don't. I told you the truth, it's up to you to believe it or not.” I peered at his phone and saw the picture of Verah and Sunggyu as an attachment to a text that said: Look! I found this baby and she agreed to take a picture with. Isn't she lovely?

 

“Why are you sending the picture of Verah to someone? Who did you send it to?!” I started to panic.

 

“To a person who would love this picture...”

 

“Yah, Destiny. What are you two whispering to each other? Are you secretly a couple? Omooo,” Kim then noticed Verah playing with Sunggyu, making her giggle, “Oppaa, it seems like you would be a great dad!”

 

“What?”

 

“You and Destiny seem really close, Verah needs a male figure so...”

 

“Whatever is inside your mind unnie, take it out, reap it out of your head. Don't say stupid things!”

 

“But she has a point,” Sunggyu intervened, “Verah does need a male figure in her life...”

 

“She already has too many oppas around her.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Beast sunbaenims, BTOB sunbaenims...”

 

“I think they're more likely big brothers to her, as male figure I mean a father.”

 

“Oppa, you too, don't think about stupid things.” I looked him in the eyes, “the father is not around and can't be found. So it's useless to think about father figures.”

 

“Maybe you just don't search for him.”

 

“We don't need him.”

Beep beep.

 

“Oh, Destiny, look here.” Sunggyu gave me his phone. I looked at the screen and there was a message. My heart dropped, my hands were shaking. Inside of me there were confused emotions and feelings. -Sunggyu, why did you do it?-

The message said: Hyung! She's so cuuuuuutee! Where are you? How did you find her? What about the mother? Is she cute too?ㅋㅋㅋ Anyway, is it just me or she looks like me? Our eyes are similar! :D Did you find one of my one night stand girl? ㅋㅋ I'm just kidding, you know that I'm not that kind of man ;)

From: Myungsoo