Chapter 10.

She resembles you.

Everyone was sitting at the table, waiting for breakfast to come. There was no sound and the atmosphere was really awkward. We were just looking in the eyes. I was sitting in front of Myungsoo while he was sitting next to Sunggyu. The guy couldn't help but look at the two of us, who were still embarrassed for what happened in the room minutes ago. The other girls didn't know why there was such kind of atmosphere in the air.

“Manager unnie! Hurry with the eggs! I don't know why but there's such a weird situation in here!” Kim's voice rang waking us up even more.
“Those two people,” Sunggyu started to say pointing at Myungsoo and I, “were doing stuff that shouldn't be done in front of a baby!”
“Oppa! What are you saying?” I said, covering my cheeks that started to blush.
“Hyung!” Myungsoo said, staring at the guy beside him with wide eyes.
“I couldn't keep it to my self!”
“You were doing what?! Kissing? Or... That thing...” Kim asked.
“Cover the maknae's ears!”
“There's no need... I already know this stuff.” Jess said.
“What do you know little girl?” Sun Yung said while entering the dining room with a plate full of pancakes.
“She knows how Verah was created!” Kim shouted, “Unnie, you said that you were making eggs!”
“I changed my mind, don't you prefer pancakes? And anyway, Jess ya, how do you know this stuff?”
Everyone was know looking at her with curiosity.
“It just happened that... That... Some sunbaenims were watching something during a break from practice and...” Jess cheeks were bright red and she couldn't look at us so she just stared at the plate in front of her.
“Poor girl, I think I know who this guys are...” Sunggyu chuckled.
Then, we started to eat, no one was talking. While eating I didn't realize that Myungsoo and I were watching each other, Sunggyu pointed that out. When he told us, we both looked down at the plate, but still stealing glances at each other.
“Look at these guys, why do you like to stare ar each other, it makes me uncomfortable since I'm next to Myungsoo.”
“Sunggyu ssi, just let them be... They haven't seen each other for so long, and now they have the possibility to eat together.” Ji Sun said.
“Yeah, you're right,” Sunggyu answered, “and Sun Yung ssi, thank you for the breakfast.”
“You're welcome, and just call me noona, arasso?”
“Yeah, noona.” Sunggyu smiled making his eyes small, showing his cute side.
“Ugh, oppa, don't act cute,” I said, wanting to take a little revenge, “And... Why are you here by the way?”
“Uh, this morning Myungsoo wasn't in his room, he went out without telling us and so we were worried about his whereabouts, then I remembered that he wanted to watch your broadcast and I figured out that he probably came here to talk or so... Therefore, I came here!”
“Oh, okay.”
“But, you two, what are you now?” Sunggyu asked.
“Uh?”
“I mean... Have you discussed about the relationship between the two of you?”
“Yeah, what are you going to do?” Ji Sun asked.
“Remember that now you are both idols. You should make the less number of scandals... Especially you, Myungsoo.” Our manager said.
“Yes, I know, I'll try my best.”
“What scandal are you talking about? I haven't had the time to surf the net lately...”
“You don't know?” Myungsoo asked me, using his stare.
“No, I don't,” I answered a little intimidated, “What did you do?”
“You really don't know?!” Sunggyu asked astonished.
“I told you that I don't know!” I said a little irritated. Was it so hard to understand it and tell what this scandal was all about?.
“With his ex girlfriend...” Sunggyu whispered.
“Ex... Ex girlfriend?” I managed to say, my heart was aching so much. Why did I feel like this? It was obvious that after me, he would've dated other girls, but a little part of me really hoped that he wouldn't because he still had feelings for me. And what Sunggyu told was a lie, that he still think about me... It was a lie. And I believed it, even if I didn't show it. And my members, after I told them my story, they still didn't tell me?
I knew about the scandal in September, when they said that it wasn't true, but, even that was a lie. So they were truly dating...
“Oh, that pretty girl!” I said, trying to hide the pain. She's really pretty, it was abvious that he would chose such a cute girl. “They said that it wasn't true...” I continued.
“It was...” Myungsoo answered with dry throat, he took a sip of water, trying not to look at me.
“Oh, good for you. But, why is she your ex? Why did you break up?”
“That's personal...”
“Okay, sorry...” Try to keep it cool Destiny.
“It's not that I don't want to tell you, I would like to, but I'm not sure how you would react to it...”
“It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want. Who am I to force you?”
“Why does it seem that this scandal doesn't really effect you?”
“Uh? What do you mean?”
“You look okay with it...” His voice gave a little of disappointment.
“Ah, well... I'm okay with it because it's your life, what right do I have to tell you not to date? Of course I'm a little hurt, you're my first love after all, but still... I'm not part of your life anymore so...”
“Who told you that you're not part of my life anymore?”
“Nobody...”
“Then, you still are a part of my life! I can't exclude you.”
“But you did. When you broke up with me.” I started to feel emotional with this conversation. My eyes became teary remembering that day.
Myungsoo didn't know how to answer, he stayed silent.
Then, I noticed that in the room there was nobody else except for Myungsoo, Sunggyu and I. It seemed like the girls, when the conversation started to be more private, they went away. Sunggyu, on the other hand, seemed like he stayed. When I looked at him, he had my phone in his hands.
“You have a message by a certain Mark, I didn't mean to, but I read it...” Sunggyu said, giving me the cellphone.
At the sound of a male name, Myungsoo glared at me, maybe thinking that I wouldn't notice it, but I did. I thanked Sunggyu who went out of the room, maybe going in the living room.
“Why did you just glare at me?”
“I didn't.”
“Yes, you did! I saw you.”
“And so?”
“Why did you do it?”
“Can't I just do it?”
“No, because you do that when there's a reason behind it. C'mon, tell me.”
“I don't want to.”
“Myungsoo.”
“Jae Lyn, or should I call you Destiny?”
“Myungsoo, or should I call you L?” He glared at me again.
“Yah! I don't miss at all this attitude of yours! Just tell me what's wrong!”
“And I don't miss your stubbornness!”
“Like I was more stubborn than you!”
“Yes you are!”

“Aissh! I don't want to have this stupid argument! Keep glaring at me then!” I said frustrated by his behavior. He kept glaring at me, so I looked at the message that Mark sent me.

 

Good morning beautiful! Are you still sleeping? I wanted to...
 

Then my cellphone got snatched by Myungsoo who, reaching out to take it by my hands, tipped his glass full of juice.
“Yah! Look at what you've just done!”
“Don't 'yah' me! And I didn't do it on purpose.”
“Give me back my phone and clean this mess!”
He didn't listen to me but instead, he read what was written on the screen. “Good morning beautiful? Are you kidding me?” Myungsoo glared at me again.
“What? I am beautiful.” I said jokingly but he kept a straight face. “What's wrong if someone calls me beautiful? Uh?”
“Who's this Mark? What kind of relationship do you have? Is he the guy who you were talking with at the café yesterday?” Myungsoo kept on asking while I was trying to get back my cellphone, but the table was between us two so it was difficult to reach it. When he asked the last question I stopped. The guy who I was talking with? How did he know that there was someone with me? He ran away before coming inside.
Seeing my confused face Myungsoo explained: “Yesterday, at the café...”
“Where we were supposed to meet...” I continued with a cold tone, remembering how he stood me up, making me even run after him.
“Yeah, I'm sorry for that but, after seeing you coming out from the café, I changed my mind and came in. When I stepped inside, I could hear your giggles, I could recognize them everywhere. But when I saw who was the responsible of those giggles I got hurt. Wow, she found someone to replace me with very soon, I thought, so I left leaving you with your friend or what he is.” Myungsoo explained keeping his face straight, not showing any emotion except for his jaw that was clenched now and then.
“Why did do it? You could have come with us.”
“And ruin the happy atmosphere?” He asked rising one eyebrow.
“He was trying to cheer me up, since someone ditched me. Anyway, what has happened has happened, now give me back my cellphone.” I said stretching my hand towards him.
“What were you going to tell me yesterday?”
“Nothing, I think you already know... It's probably the same reason why you barged in here last night. Cellphone, please.”
“Why? So you can answer this guy? No way I'm giving this back to you!” He said and then typed something on the phone. The sound of something being sent could be heard.
“Did you just answered him? What did you write?” I exclaimed. I got up and went where he was sitting. I tried to get back my cellphone by tickling him but he was holding the device too strong for me to take it. We were busy with our little fight when Jess came in the room with Verah in her arms.
“Aaww, look at this couple fight. You look so cute together.”
“Shut up Jess. Help me instead! He has my phone and doesn't want to return it back.”
“I can't. Destiny, take Verah, I think she's hungry. We have to get ready for the next schedule, and you too. So it's better if you stop playing.” She said giving me the little girl.
“Okay, I'll get ready after feeding her. Thank you.” I turned around, since I was giving my back to Myungsoo. “And you should go back to your dorm, don't you have any schedule?”
“Nope! Today I'm free.” He answered, keeping his eyes to Verah's, the two kept on staring at each other since they woke up. “She's the reason I wanted to meet up with you...”
“And she's the reason I came here last night, remember?” I nodded. “Seriously,” he continued, “why didn't you tell me that you were pregnant?”
“We already broke up when I found out, and I didn't want to ruin your life...”
“Ruin my life? What are you saying? You could never ruin my life, you only can make it better.”
“But you left me...”
“I hoped you wouldn't let me leave you that easily, I hoped you would've run after me.”
“Why it's me who has to run after? Shouldn't it be the guy?”
“Yes, but... I don't know. I thought I was doing what was best for you. I was afraid of what our saesang fans could have done to you. I wanted you to be in a safe place and happy. Since Infinite was becoming more and more known our schedule was becoming more busy. How could I make my girlfriend happy if I was, most of the time, away? Always busy practicing, at broadcasts or other things. I hoped that leaving you that way would've worked out, but it didn't. I thought that I could forget you, but I didn't. I tried to not think about you, but everything reminded me of you. You have no idea of how much I missed you.”
“I do know how you felt. I know that your intentions were good. But, couldn't you talk about it with me first? Do you know how hard was for me? I had to get over our two-years-long relationship, then, since I was accepted as a trainee, I had to practice even when I was pregnant. Then, the first months after giving birth were even worse. I didn't have any sleep, I was always tired and I couldn't do anything about it. My parents came time to time in Korea to help me, but they couldn't stay for too long. My aunt had to work, yes, she helped me, but I was still busy and tired.”
“That's why you should have told me about our baby!” Myungsoo raised his voice. Our baby, it was so strange to hear it from him.
“Why?! So I could hear you say 'I have to leave both of you because of saesang fans who could hurt you'? No thank you! And then, what could you have done? You're always busy! I would've just given you a burden!” Also my voice started to raise volume.
“How can you call her a burden?!” Myungsoo shouted, standing up. Verah, frightenend by his sudden action, started to cry. I tried to comfort her rocking her a little.
“I didn't say that she's a burden. I would never say something like that. I just meant that knowing that you have a child could have made you more stressed than you usually are. And, I thought that if you came back to me, was just because of her. I thought that you would've felt forced to be with me when you didn't want to.”
“I told you that I still loved you...”
“How could I've known that?”
“This is crazy. Can't we just... Just start over again?”
“I don't want to be in a relationship...”
“Yes, I know. But, at least, let's be friends. So I can help you taking care of Verah. I've missed how she grew up until now, but now I don't want to miss any other thing. I want her to grow up with a mother and a father, I want to see her growing up. I even missed when she said her first word...”
“Friends? Friends who have a baby... That's crazy.”
“But at least you won't be alone anymore. I can help you, really.”
“Well, we can try... I guess...”
“Perfect, now go and get ready for your schedule. Hyung and I will take care of Verah and 'll clean up the mess I made.” He said smiling and taking Verah, then he gave me a peck on the lips. It seemed like the old times, when pecking each other lips was like something usual to do when greeting each other. He seemed like he didn't notice what he just did.
“Myungsoo, friends don't kiss on the lips.” I stared at him.
“Uh? Oh yeah,” his cheeks started to redden, “I'm sorry! I was used to... You know... Well, go now!”He said ruffling my bangs, trying to get rid of the awkward situation.

This idea of acting like friends it's crazy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely subscribers and readers! I'm very very very very very sorry for taking so long to update TT.TT I had some personal problems to take care of :L I'll try my best to update soon, but I won't promise anything... In three days I'm back to school and a lot of tests are waiting for me TT.TT
Oh, I know it's late but...... BELATED HAPPY NEW YEAR! <3