Chapter 1.

She resembles you.

Note: A very big thank you to my lovely subscribers! ^^ I didn't think that this story would've had so many subscribers in just two days. Anyways, sorry for any grammar or any other mistake, English is not my first language :) But now... Time to go back to the story!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, wake up. Cmon, we have an interview then we have the rehearsals. Destiny, wake up! I don't want our manager to get angry!”

 

“Mmmhh... Ji Sun unnie... Just five minutes, please.”

 

“YAH! Move your out of the bed!”

 

“Keep quiet unnie, you'll wake up Verah. Ugh, why do I have such a rough leader?”

 

“YAH!”

 

And with that, Verah started to cry. “Are you happy now unnie?” I said while getting out of bed and taking the baby in my arms.

 

“Well, at least you woke up, and the other members will soon be up too. Verah, you're such an useful alarm clock. I should use you more often.” Ji Sun said while pinching Verah's cheeck, which made her cry even louder.

 

“Yah! Unnie, she's a baby, not a toy! And now you try to stop her crying, it's your fault...”

 

“Whoa, did you just called me with 'yah'? Where have your manners...”

 

“Yah! You two! Make the baby stop crying and get ready! We can't arrive late to the interview.” Suddenly our manager appeared looking a little frustrated.

 

“Yeah unnie. Mianhae yo, but... Since you're already ready, can you keep Verah while I get ready? Thank you!” And with that I left my baby with our manager. The two of them had a weird relationship: one day Verah wants to stay in her arms while another she hates her and cries every time unnie tries to hug or keep her.

 

1 hour and a half later, on the way to the interview.

 

“Sun Yung unnie – our manager -, during the interview, should I say that I have a baby?”

 

“The CEO told to not say anything yet, we have to see after your debut. We'll see what people think about you guys, and then decide if it's right to say it or not.”

 

“But, it won't be easy to hide Verah, I have to bring her with me, I can't leave her at the dorm.”

 

“I know, but we'll try our best. I'm not saying that we have to hide her from the world forever, just for the first week or so. Moreover, your unnies and dongsaeng will help you, right?”

 

“Yeeees” Five female voices chirped.

 

During the interview.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jin Ho and for today, I'll be your interviewer. It's nice to meet you!”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, we're 4.Tune, a rookie girl group!”

 

“Oh, it's always nice to meet girl groups! So, you're from Cube Entertainment?”

 

“Yeah” Ji Sun started.

 

“You are in the same company as Beast, 4 Minute and BTOB, right?”

 

“Yes, we are.” the leader continued, “And we're very lucky to be in their same company. They're really good sunbaes and they help us a lot.”

 

“They're nice kids. I met them once or twice... So, I must say that you're the leader, right?”

 

“Yeah, I am.”

 

“Please, introduce yourself”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Ji Sun, I'm 24 years old and I'm the leader of 4.Tune, please support us a lot!” Ji Sun bowed.

 

“Ji Sun, such a cute name. Are you really 24 years old? Really? I thought that you weren't older than 20 years old, you look very young!”

 

“Oppa, she looks that young just because of her height and her crazy bright red hair.” Our maknae said.

 

“Yah, I'm your leader and you treat me like that?” Ji Sun protested. Then she turned back to talk with Jin Ho, “She's our maknae Jess, like any other maknae, she doesn't have any respect for their leader.”

 

“Oh, I see. So, let's meet the maknae then!”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I'm the cute maknae Jess, I was born in 1995 and my talent is to be the maid of the group.” Jess smiled brightly, her eye-smile melted the interviewer's heart.

 

“Whoa, you really are cute! But, is being a maid a talent?”

 

“I think so! Not every girl of my age can do the things that those witches make me do, well... Except for Destiny... She's very responsible and mature. She had a really hard time...”

 

-She's not talking about my maternity, right?- Just to be sure I shot her a death glare, the other members did too. She sensed that there was something wrong.

 

“Why did you had a hard time, Destiny ssi?” Jin Ho then said, addressing to me.

 

-What should I say now? I can't tell him about Verah- “Uhm... It's...” I began stuttering, nervousness taking over me.

 

“She's half Korean and half Filipino. To pursue her dream to become an idol, she had to leave her family and live in Korea alone. She was about 14 years old.” Kim, my other member, said.

 

“14 years old? Alone?” Jin Ho asked surprised.

 

“Well, not alone. She lived with her aunt. But she still had to leave her father and mother.”

 

“Oh, I understand. Uh! I'm sorry, but you are?”

“Oh, yeah, I'm sorry, I'm Kim and I'm 20 years old outside, but inside I still feel like I'm a 8-years-old girl. I'm a big fan of Peter Pan.” And then, Kim entertained us with some lame jokes, until the attention was back to me.

 

“So, Destiny, right?”

 

“Yeah, annyeonghaseyo!”

 

“Well, about your life, we heard about it from Kim, but we don't know your age...”

 

“I'm a part of the 95 line. I was born the same year as Jess, but fortunately a month earlier than her.”

 

“Why fortunately?”

 

“If I was the maknae they would order me to do all the chores, but it's not like that thanks to Jess.”

 

“So you two are 18, Kim is 20 and Ji Sun is 24?”

 

“Now that you talk about it I feel a little old...” And the interview carried on for about an hour.

 

When we finished the interview, I went to our waiting room, hoping to find Verah. But, to my surprise, she wasn't there. I tried to call manager Sun Yung but she wasn't picking up her phone. I started to worry and ask around if they had seen a baby but they told me to go back in the changing room since the workers were busy and they couldn't be disturbed. I searched in all the floors but I still couldn't find them. After a while I went back to the changing room, the two had to come back anyway because all of our stuff were still in the room. The members were a little tired so they decided to take a nap. While they were resting, I just sat down listening to some music. After a while, I got bored, got up and started to pace around mumbling to myself.

 

“Where's her? Where is my kid? Where is our manager? Ugh...”

 

Because of the headphones in my ears I couldn't hear the knocks on the door and I didn't notice someone coming in until I saw the person's reflection on the mirror. He was staring at me with surprised eyes. His jaw dropped.

 

-Sunggyu oppa...- I stared back at him without blinking through the mirror. -He can't recognize me, right? Please, tell me he's not with him. It's been almost 2 years since he saw me. I've changed: I don't have my red hair anymore and now my hair is long. Destiny, ignore him. Act like you don't know him- I turned around to face him.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, can I help you?”

 

“Jae? Jae Lyn, is that you?”

 

“I'm sorry, my name's Destiny. I don't know any Jae Lyn. I think you got the wrong door.”

 

“No, I'm sure it's you.”

 

“No...”

 

“But, what were you saying? My kid? Are you a mother? You look so young...”

 

-Was I so loud?!- “Oh, no, you got it wrong, it's the lyrics of the song I was listening to.”

 

“What song is that? Maybe I know it...” Then, the door opened and Verah came in with clumsy steps. I walked to her and took her in my arms walking out the door leaving Sunggyu behind. -I'm sorry for being like this, but you can't know the truth. Please forgive me. It's for the best of me, Verah, you and specially him.”

Sun Yung was right behind the corner. “Unnie, I have to go first. There's someone who knows me there, and he cannot know anything about Verah. If he asks something about Jae Lyn tell him that you don't know her. Okay? I'm going, I'll wait in the car.”

 

Just for precaution, I decided to take the stairs, I couldn't risk to be caught up by Sunggyu.