Chapter 4.

She resembles you.

“Jae Lyn, could you please stop pacing around? It's nerve wracking!”

 

“Sunggyu. Do you think that me going around is nerve wracking? What should I say instead? You sending a picture of my daughter to my ex, who I haven't seen nor had contacts for two years, isn't nerve wracking?! And this had to happen the day of my debut? You should know how nervous a rookie group is the day of the debut! Why did you do it? What right do you have to do it?”

 

Sunggyu and I were in Cube's practice room, all the members and the manager went out to have lunch, leaving the two of us alone. It's already been 10 minutes since I started to move around, I was so nervous and angry at Sunggyu. After making me read Myungsoo's text I asked him not to talk about my ex while the other girls were around. Even though I love the girls to death, I couldn't tell them about my past relationship with the INFINITE member, I also didn't tell them who's Verah's father. They said that they understand and that I should tell them just when I'm ready. I'm so thankful to have such understandable members. Sunggyu, on the other hand, didn't understand anything at all. I didn't want to see Myungsoo again nor start to contact each other again. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it. It's already hard to see him on TV, what if I see him face to face then? Of course I was still hurt for what he's done. I went through so much pain, I managed to overcome it and I don't want to go through it again. But, what did Sunggyu do instead? Seeing that Sunggyu didn't answer his phone, Myungsoo called him; the phone still on my hand. <Answer it> he said. The number wasn't saved as Myungsoo or L, but I was still unsure. <C'mon answer it. It should be my manager asking where I am.> Hesitating a little I answered, I didn't even have the time to say hello that a male voice almost shouted: <Hyuuuuung! Where are you? Who's that cutie? Manager hyung is looking for you!>. I immediately recognized his voice. Who wouldn't? A lump in my throat stopped me from talking to him. I passed the cellphone to Sunggyu. <L, I'm in a car now, tell hyung that I'm going...- Kim ssi, where are we going?- Cube Ent.! - Okay, thank you! -...I'm going to Cube Ent. There's a new girl group that I just met and they asked me to judge them. If you are free you can come too. Bye!>> Just seconds later I realize what he just said. <What did you just do?> I wanted to punch him so hard, but since everyone was around I tried to contain myself. And now, here we were, in the practice room with Sunggyu laid on the wood floor looking at me pacing around and Verah following my steps.

 

“I just invited a friend.”

 

“Why did you invite him here? Call him back and tell him that you're going back to your dorm, which is what you really are going to do!” I took his arm and tried to get him up, but it was difficult since he was heavier than me and he kept pushing down. Then, Verah sat on his chest.

 

“No! Oppa here!”

 

“No Verah, he can't stay here! He has to go, he is very busy! He has to practice for his world tour! Which makes me think... Why are you in Korea?”

 

“Oh, you keep updated...” He said with a grin on his face and sitting, so Verah and he were in a more comfortable position.

 

“Of course, I have to stay away from you as much as possible.”

 

“Ouch! This hurts!” he acted like someone shot him in his heart, making Verah giggle with his weird face. “Verah, help oppa! He's dying!”

 

“Noooooooo! Nooo!” Verah exclaimed as she tried to save him by giving little pushes to his chest.

 

“Since I can't make you go away, I should at least give you food. Wait here with Verah, I'm going to buy something at the cafeteria. Do you want anything in particular?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Okay, stay here with Verah, and call Myungsoo: tell him not to come.”

 

I went out before he could answer, I wanted him to understand that I didn't want to discuss and that my mind was firm. I took the stairs and went to the cafeteria downstairs. It wasn't really packed so I didn't have to wait long. People went out and inside continuously, the door kept opening and the the cold air of winter hit my bare arms.

 

“You should have put a sweater on, darling.” A male voice came from behind. I already knew who it was. He always teased me calling me darling.

 

“I know, but I'm going back to the practice room oppa.”

 

“But you're still waiting for your food and you can't catch a cold, especially today!” Then he put his sweater on my shoulder.

 

“Thank you Seobie oppa.”

 

“Sunbaenim, you shouldn't show such displays of affection in public to a girl.” Another familiar voice said. I was at the counter paying for the food I ordered and so I couldn't see who it was. It took me some seconds to connect the voice to its owner. Then it hit me. I turned around but he was already gone, I just found Yoseob still waiting for me.

 

“Why are you still here oppa?”

 

“You said you were going back to the practice room, I have to go there too.”

 

“Ah, okay. Who was the guy talking to you?”

 

“Oh, just an hoobae, if I tell you I think you're going to search for him everywhere in the building, so... I'm not telling you.”

 

“It wasn't Kim Jaejoong, you don't have to worry, I would do such things just for him.” I said jokingly.

 

“What if it was me?”

 

“I would go out of this place as soon as possible.”

 

“Yah!” He said and started to act offended. Even if he didn't want to be cute, I couldn't help to think that he was. Then, my food arrived and we took the elevator. He took the tray I was holding and, when we arrived at our floor, got out.

 

“Oh, oppa, Verah is here too, with an old friend of mine.”

 

“It's been almost a week since I saw her. Who's the friend? Girl?” His eyes looked hopeful.

 

“Nope, I'm sorry. But if you want, when I'll have time, I'll set you a date?”

“It would be nice!” His voice full of joy, “But, then your friend is a guy. Isn't he Verah's father, right?” His eyes now changed, they were worried.

 

“No, he's not.” As I said that I opened the door but, to my surprise -and misfortune, with Sunggyu and Verah there was another person. It was giving me his back, but I could see his reflection in the full mirror in front of us. As soon as I saw his figure, I closed the door and moved back, hitting Yoseob who was right behind me.

 

“Darling!” I turned around and saw him saving the tray and the food from falling. Except for a drink that spilled all over him

 

“I'm sorry!” I took the tray from him and put it on the floor, I grabbed the tissues and started to help him. The door behind me opened and heard Sunggyu.

 

“Jae-jae- …. Jesus!” Sunggyu almost said my name. My heart was pounding so hard that I thought it would've come out from my chest.

 

“Sunbaenim... What are you two doing?” His voice was like music to my ears. It's been so long since I heard it so close to me. I clenched my jaw as tears started to build in my eyes. I couldn't stay so close to him. I took Yoseob by his arm and lead him to another room. I didn't turn, I couldn't see his face. I took off Yoseob's sweater and gave it to him.

 

“I'm so sorry...”

 

“Don't worry, but why didn't you go in?” He said while taking off his shirt.

 

“Oppa! I'm still here, why are you changing in front of me?”

 

“Why? Are you feeling embarrassed?” He teased. I hate him so much when he does that, but at the same time I like it. Teasing makes us feel closer, but that kind of teasing was a little too much. I don't have problems if seeing him half , we went to the swimming pool so many times together. The problem was that we were alone in a room, and I wasn't wearing so much too, since I was practicing not too long ago.

I tried to act like an embarrassed girl putting my hand in front of my eyes and started to squeal.

 

“Yah! I know that you're not that embarrassed!” I didn't listen to him and opened the door to go out, still keeping my hand in front of my eyes. But as soon as I moved outside I found a body blocking my way and bumped into it, making me fall to the ground.

 

“Sunbaenim, what are you doing?” A voice chuckled. I looked up and saw him. His beautiful face was bright, he looked happy. His mouth was curved into a smile, and I could see his white teeth.

 

“What are you thinking L ssi?” Yoseob winked.

 

Then, the guy looked down. I was still on the floor, using my right elbow to support my upper body and my left hand to massage my forehead, that hit his chest.

As soon as he looked down he smiled.

 

“What is cute girl doing with a erted Yang Yoseob in a room all alone?” He took my left hand and helped me getting up. He still haven't seen properly my face since my hair covered the most part of it. He then moved it away, my face now visible. He used his famous glare while studying my face, his hands on each cheek of mine. I couldn't look him in the eyes, so I kept looking down, at the floor.

 

“Can you please look at me?” He said moving my head so I could look him in the eyes.

 

“L ssi, what are you doing to my Darling? Don't make her fall in love with you like you do with everyone!”

 

“It's not that I do it on purpose hyung!” Then he added with low voice, “She's already in love with me, what can I do now?”

 

Again, tears threatened to fall out. He, instead, kinda looked happy. His lips made a little smile. “It's nice to meet you again after so long.” And he hugged me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Hellooooo! Again, Thank you subscribing! :D I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting for so long TT.TT Lately, school has been so... UGH! Anyway, I hope to be able to update soon ^^ 

Oh, and... What do you guys think so far about the story? Please, leave a feedback so I could improve ^^ xx