Epilogue

I Need a Hero
Please log in to read the full chapter

This morning, Taekwoon had woken up to a hyperactive Hakyeon. This wasn’t anything too odd, but this instance came with Hakyeon bouncing on Taekwoon’s bed and shaking the sleeping boy until he woke.

“Taekwoonie!” Hakyeon called as he grabbed Taekwoon’s shoulder and continued shaking him. “Wake up! You have to wake up.”

Taekwoon groaned, squeezing his eyes further shut in hopes it would deter Hakyeon, just a little bit.

But Taekwoon had no such luck.

“Come on, Taekwoon!” Hakyeon said. “There’s no way you’re gonna sleep in today. It’s a big day.”

Taekwoon sighed as he slowly opened his eyes, glaring at Hakyeon.

Hakyeon was unphased by Taekwoon’s bad mood, a big smile plastered on his face. “It’s graduation!” he announced, dramatically throwing his hands in the air.

Taekwoon knew exactly what day it was. Unfortunately, he didn’t share the same enthusiasm as Hakyeon did. Graduation was nothing special to Taekwoon, just a lame excuse to take pictures.

Hakyeon and his family, however, viewed graduation ceremonies as a milestone in life. They were sentimental, and liked to create as many memories as they could.

To them, graduation was another reason for family to get together and celebrate.

“Mom has breakfast made,” Hakyeon continued. “And our suits are laid out and everything. The guys are gonna meet us at the center.”

Taekwoon nodded as his tired brain processed everything Hakyeon said.

Taekwoon sighed and closed his eyes once more. What he would do for just a few more hours of sleep...

“Mom’s making all of your favorites for breakfast,” Hakyeon added. “Surely, you’d want to make sure you have time to eat everything, right?”

Hakyeon chuckled as he watched Taekwoon open one eye.

Maybe Taekwoon could get up a little earlier…

Taekwoon fisted his hands and rubbed them against his eyes, attempting to fight the urge to go back to sleep.

“Ooh. There’s progress,” Hakyeon teased as Taekwoon slowly rose to a sitting position.

Taekwoon resumed glaring at Hakyeon.

Hakyeon laughed. “C’mon, Taekwoon,” he urged. “At least pretend to be excited. This is a new chapter in our lives!”

Both Hakyeon and Taekwoon had been accepted into Howon University; Hakyeon was to study in the college of media and arts, while Taekwoon chose to give social sciences a try.

Taekwoon wouldn’t say it out loud, but he was happy that he and Hakyeon were accepted into the same university. Despite the fact that they would be taking different classes, Taekwoon couldn’t help but notice the sense of security he felt whenever he knew Hakyeon was around. Knowing that Hakyeon would also be on campus was a reassurance that maybe university wouldn’t be so horrendous.

After managing to finally get out of bed, eat breakfast, and get dressed, Taekwoon and the Cha family were on their way to graduation.

Please log in to read the full chapter