Company

I Need a Hero
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was midnight when Taekwoon finally left work. The hour couldn't come any slower. He was tired, and the only thing he wished for was to go home and lay down.

Taekwoon laughed to himself. Very few times in his life had he had such a desperation to go home, since he was never sure what he would walk into when he arrived. Days like these, when all he wanted to do was crawl into bed, he'd walk into his house, kindly greet his father if he was there or conscious, and then quickly go to his room without another word.

Taekwoon planned to do just that as he slowly made his way home, his feet were too tired to make him move any faster, despite how eager he was to get home.

Sadly, Taekwoon's plan was halted upon hearing a ruffled sound behind him. 

He thought nothing of it at first. These streets were never quiet, no matter what time of the day it was. 

So he kept walking, and the only thing that halted his steps was someone appearing in front of him, staring straight at him with a sick smile. 

Taekwoon's eyes widened. He didn't know who this man was or what he wanted, but Taekwoon really didn't want to find out. 

He turned around, ready to run, but stopped realizing that someone was behind him as well. 

Taekwoon swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Don't worry, kid," the first man said, causing Taekwoon to turn around again and face him. "We won't hurt you too bad." He smiled again, causing the teenager to shiver. "Just enough for your dad to get our message."

Taekwoon didn't have time to understand what was going on before he felt a punch aimed at his face. 

Taekwoon felt his blood run cold as another punch was delivered to his stomach. His mind suddenly went back to the night Dohoon and his friends attacked him, and Taekwoon's breath hitched at the memory. 

Not again, he supplied in his mind as he tried fighting his daze. Adrenaline began pumping through his system, because he soon found himself pushing one of the men away before he started running, when just a few minutes earlier he could barely walk.

Now he was racing full speed. He wasn't sure where his feet were going, but he knew he wasn't going home, at least not now.

Taekwoon let out a whimper as he looked behind and saw the men still chasing after him. He had to find a way to lose them. 

He weaved through buildings, and even though he knew it was dangerous, went through several dark alleyways. Thankfully he knew the area well. Though, he still wasn't sure where exactly he was taking himself. 

A few minutes later, Taekwoon looked behind and saw that the two men were gone. His breathing relaxed a little, seeing that the danger he was running from seemed to have gone away.

Finally, when the ringing in his ears stopped, his brain registered where he was as his steps started to slow down. 

He stopped, biting his

Please log in to read the full chapter