Moving On

I Need a Hero
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taekwoon loved his friends, especially since they were the first group of people he met that ever sincerely cared about him. He's still adjusting to the fact that now, he was surrounded by people, and that he now had "social obligations" according to Hyuk, but he always felt happy around them, he just had difficulty expressing it, especially since he was still so nervous around them.

And right now, he was desperately wishing that his friends were with him right now, providing him with some type of security.

"Mr. Jung," the principal said to Taekwoon, whose eyes were directed towards his own lap the whole time.

"N-neh, seongsaeng-nim," he replied, his head shot up. He already knew what the principal was going to say, and he already knew how this was going to turn out. He swallowed the lump in his throat. He didn't have to turn his head to look and see that Dohoon was sitting there, looking at him with arrogant eyes.

"So far, you and your friends have given me no proof that Dohoon was the one who vandalized your locker," Principal Kim said.

"H-he...he attacked me," Taekwoon replied. "My friends found me."

"But did they see him do it?" the older man asked.

Reluctantly, Taekwoon shook his head.

"I was visiting my father," Dohoon said suddenly. "You understand." He sighed. "I wouldn't have had time to come and terrorize Taekwoon. It was pretty late when I left."

Their principal nodded. He looked to Taekwoon. "It's been a week since that has happened," the principal said. "I think for now, we need to drop this case. Taekwoon, you'll be moved to another locker but that's all I can do for you."

Taekwoon nodded in understanding. In all honesty, he was even surprised that the older man even bothered to care to offer him a new locker.

The principal looked to Dohoon. "You may leave," he said. "This meeting is over now."

Thinking the statement was also made to him, Taekwoon stood up along with Dohoon, but his body stiffened when he heard the principal call back for him, demanding that he sit back down.

"I didn't say I was done with you, Taekwoon," he said.

Taekwoon looked at him in surprise before sitting back down. The two of them sat in a rather uncomfortable silence. He heard the door open and close, meaning Dohoon was officially gone.

"Since you're here," the principal said. "I need to talk to you about your record."

Taekwoon gulped. Why? He hadn't done anything wrong.

"The amount of days you've missed at school actually warrants us to suspend or fail you at this point," he announced, shaking his head. "Care to explain what's going on?"

Taekwoon swallowed, wanting to know the reason behind the man's sudden curiosity. "I...I get sick a lot," he answered, which wasn't really a lie.

"Yet you never bring a note from your doctor," Prinicipal Kim replied.

"It happens so many times that it's a normal thing," Taekwoon replied, once again, it wasn't a lie. "There's really no point to take me to the doctor."

Principal Kim looked at him skeptically. "The only thing that has saved you from getting expelled is the fact that your grades are so good."

"I remember everything I see," Taekwoon responded.

"You understand that you can't be valedictorian, and you won't be able to get a scholarship, right?" the principal asked.

Taekwoon nodded. The principal didn't understand how happy Taekwoon was that he would never have to be valedictorian. He didn't want to speak in front of the school. He didn't want to be noticed by any of them. He didn't want to speak to a crowd of hundreds, when in reality the only ones who would be paying attention to him would be his friends and Brian.

Principal Kim sighed. "I would still like to speak to your father."

Taekwoon felt his body stiffen once again. He could feel all the color draining from his face. "Wh-what?" he asked, trying to be calm and hoping that he just heard wrong.

"Let your father know that I'd like him to come to the school. I'd like to talk to h

Please log in to read the full chapter