Fun and Games

Trapped

"So this was your big idea?" BaekHyun said as he walked into the gym with the others. The water now has dropped down to 5 foot, and everyone could walk easily without having to stand on their toes. As time went by, the water had seemed to become calmer, but you still had to work a lot in order to go against the water and towards the gym.

 

Balls were floating above the water all over the place along with the other materials that are usually found in gyms. "Now that the water is almost gone now, we don't have to stay in the classroom." Sehun said as he pushed the balls that were in his way and made it to the center of the gym. 

 

You decided to stay near the wall because you didn't think that you had the strength to play any of the games. "Hey JiEun! What are you doing over there?" ChanYeol yelled as all three of them stared at you, and you started to redden under the gazes. "I don't feel like playing." You said as you leaned against the wall and waited for them to start a game.

 

None of them did anything, and you gave them a signal that told them to carry on with what they were doing. Suddenly, Sehun started to walk over to you, and your eyes grew in surprise. You backed up and then started to run as he came closer. Laughing, you tried your best to get away from him, but he was too fast. 

 

Sehun picked you up bridal style and carried you to the center of the gym. You stared at his calm expression, but your head was pressed against his chest and you could feel his heart beat rapidly.

 

You were lightly put down, and you could feel the room getting warmer. "Uhm. Are we going to play or are you guys just going to stare at me?" Everyone looked away as someone coughed in awkwardness. Suddenly a ball was thrown at BaekHyun, and he turned around, surprised. 

 

ChanYeol snickered as he ran off, creating big splashes, and you laughed as you covered your face from the water. "You get back here!" BaekHyun yelled as he threw a basketball towards ChanYeol, but missed. You laughed as you picked up a ball for yourself and threw it towards Sehun.

 

He caught it with an ease and you could see a hint of playfulness in his eyes as he raised an eyebrow at you. You laughed as you leaped away as well, but you kept an eye on Sehun in case he came running towards you. Suddenly, you bumped into a ball and you turned around to see BaekHyun holding a ball in front of him, the ball on your back. 

 

"Caught you." BaekHyun smiled as you pushed him slightly and ran off. You stuck out your tongue and ran as fast as you could through the water. The fastest you could go was only a slow walking pace, so BaekHyun swiftly caught up to you in no time. You hurriedly picked up a ball for yourself, and you stopped running as you turned around and put the ball in front of you for protection.

 

BaekHyun came over walking towards you, and you looked around to see ChanYeol not too far away. "Oppa! Help!" You yelled as you threw the ball at BaekHyun before running towards ChanYeol. ChanYeol protectively stood in front of you and picked up a ball for himself. "Watch out." Sehun said blankly as a ball hit ChanYeol in the stomach. 

 

"Hey! What was that for?" ChanYeol said as he lifted up his hands, and for the first time, you actually saw Sehun smiling a real smile. ChanYeol was then hit by another ball by BaekHyun, and he picked up a ball and ran towards them. You laughed as you saw the boys play, and you had just noticed how much energy your body used as you sat on top of one of the basketball racks.

 

You were genuinely happy as you saw them laughing as they sprayed water at each other and chucked the balls at each other. You didn't know how or why you felt this way, but you thought that this life may not be as a bummer as it seems. If they just had more food available, then you might even have considered staying here if they would agree. 

 

In some ways, you were happy and sad about leaving tonight. You didn't want to see how everything changed out there, or if your parents were still alive. You wondered if anyone was alive, and you knew that they were the lucky ones. Even if someone managed to avoid the water and have been stuck on top of building, they wouldn't have had any water or food. You didn't even want to imagine what would happen.

 

*I'll miss you guys.* You knew that you will be able to probably see them after this as well, but you knew that these kinds of moments are only possible because of this incident. You closed your heavy eyelids and fell into a short nap. When you had woke up you had a headache and you knew you had probably slept for about an hour or so.

 

The others were sitting on some chairs they had found. They stopped talking when they saw that you were awake. "JiEun-ah!" You looked up to see BaekHyun motioning you to come over towards them. Everyone was still, and you jumped off into the water and walked towards them.