BaekHyun and ChanYeol

Trapped

BaekHyun kept a close eye on you until you fell asleep, making sure you were still breathing. Your breaths were even and everyone was sleeping because they were exhausted from pushing the bookcases. He put your loose hair behind your ears, and admired your beauty for a few moments.

 

He had remembered when you two first met in Freshman year. Since then, he had liked you, but he couldn't get the courage to tell you ever. You were in the same class as him and he was your desk partner. It was really awkward at first, and he was very happy that you had talked to him first. BaekHyun would get in trouble a lot because he wouldn't be paying attention during class. 

 

From then on, you guys had become friends, but what really made you become close was that one incident on that very cloudly day. He knew something bad was going to happen. It was the only day he hadn't walked you home because he had to stay afterschool. He ran out of his detention at the text from you, not caring whether or not the teacher was yelling at him. 

 

"Help" was a signal them two used if they were in danger. He had told you specifically to use it only during emergencies, and this was the first time you ever sent him the text, not even when you fainted. He knew that this was serious.

 

Everything that day was blur in his mind, and he remembered he ran through the streets you usually walked through until he saw you. All he could remember from then on was that he saw a random stranger pinning you down to the wall. He was stabbed in the stomach after he had ripped him off of you. The police came shortly after, and BaekHyun then only remembered seeing your tear stained face hovering over you.

 

You slightly moved and BaekHyun snapped out of his thoughts and smiled to see you next to him. *I'm happy I'm still alive to protect you.* He kissed your forehead, and flattened out your hair. *I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't been here with me.* He said as he stared at your relaxed face and sighed. 

 

*No, I know what I would have done. I probably would've gone with you.* He wiped away the negative thoughts from his mind and focused on the positive. *The sun may be hidden behind the clouds, but when you smile, sun shines in my world.*

 

BaekHyun closed his eyes and rested his head on top of yours. "Sweet dreams, my princess." He whispered before finally falling into a peaceful nap.

 

-------

 

ChanYeol woke up first and stretched his sore arms and legs out in front of him. He saw your peaceful figure next to him and he smiled. *She's an angel when she sleeps.* He thought as he stared at her for a long time before noticing that the rain had stopped outside. The sun was shinning brightly outside, and the water had seem to go down to about 6 feet deep.

 

Because of his tall height, ChanYeol could walk in the water with some of head above the water. He wondered why this had to happen the first day he moved to a new school. His parents were still in their old town, so he didn't have to worry about if the were safe or not. He was relieved that they hadn't come with him right away, or else who would've known what would happen to them. 

 

By the direction of the sun's rays, he could tell that it was probably about 2 in the afternoon. The whole school was quiet and bare. Most of the things were washed away with the water and the other students. ChanYeol wondered if any had survived, or if there were any people that were in the same situation as them.

 

His head hurt just by thinking abour that, and he sighed as he slouched against the windows. He took a granola bar and muched on it, finding himself bored. *I'm bored when others right now are drowning out there.* He found it very obsurd that he actually found himself bored in this kind of situation. 

 

ChanYeol looked at you again and a smile spread across his face. Even though he had just met you, he had liked you from the moment he walked into the school. Usually, he wouldn't be able to go to a girl and talk to her, but you were different.

 

He wanted to let you lean on his shoulder, but you looked too calm right now with BaekHyun. While you were unconscious, the three of them were talking about you. ChanYeol could tell that BaekHyun liked you, but he couldn't tell what was going on with Sehun.

 

At some points, he seemed like he cared for her, but other times he seemed like he totally forgot you were there. ChanYeol knew BaekHyun liked you, and you probably liked you back, but he couldn't stop himself from butting into their relationship. 

 

He felt bad for BaekHyun, but he couldn't help himself. In the end, he knew he was going to be the only one hurt, but he wanted enjoy all of the moments he had with you while it lasted. 

 

*I'm sorry, but just bear with me until we get out. After this, I promise not to bother you, but please. Just let me be by your side for a little while. I'm sorry.*

 

ChanYeol carefully kissed your cheek without touching BaekHyun's head, and smiled as he grabbed your hand. He slipped a ring off his finger and onto yours. *Think of me whenever you see this. Even when I'm gone, remember me.*

 

He slowly placed your hands where they were before, and looked at you for the last time before jumping into the water.