Starving

Trapped

The rain was still pouring down from the skies as you woke up to feel a cool draft against your skin. You could tell by your temperature that you were catching a cold. The other 3 were still fast asleep, and your stomach growled in pain. You were hungry. Not just hungry, but starving and you had clutched your stomach as it felt like your stomach was going to eat your insides if you didn't get food.

 

You looked at the jacket on you and you smiled at the thought of yesterday. Your body was burning up, but you could take off the jacket because you had nothing over. Your shirt was probably somewhere in the water by now after you placed it anywhere last night. 

 

There wasn't a lot of sunlight coming inside because the dark storm clouds covered the sun and added even more water to the water that was packed inside of this school. You were half wishing that the water would be gone by the morning, but you could tell that the earliest the water was going to go away was not until night time.

 

Thunder crackled outside, making you jump from the sudden noise. The water seemed to have shrunk, but it was still too deep if we wanted to put our feets on the ground. Lightning brightened up the sky, and your heart raced from nervousness. Thunderstorms always gave you the butterflies in your stomach.

 

Your stomach growled again, and you desperately searched around for something to eat. The only place with food was the cafeteria, but you knew that you couldn't go to the cafeteria with this water. You leaned against the cool glass windows and closed your eyes. You thought that maybe sleep would let you forget about your hunger for a while.

 

The figure next to you had moved slightly and you heard a growl. You opened your eyes to see BaekHyun sitting up with a hand over his stomach. He met his eyes with you, and both of you smiled. "I'm sorry, I'm just a bit hungry." He said as he rubbed his stomach while he pouted his bottom lip. "Me too. I'm starving." 

 

Another voice had said and both of you turned to see ChanYeol running a hand through his messy hair. "I think we are going to dir of starvation before we even get out of here." BaekHyun threw his hands up and you couldn't help but let out a weak smile.

 

You were weak and you couldn't find the energy to even answer anything he said. "I think I have a plan." All of us looked up at Sehun who was casually leaning against the glass window. "Well, what is it?" ChanYeol asked and Sehun pointed to two of the bookcases in the water. "We can make a little wall and we can just move by hanging onto the different shelves if we are pushed by the water. Almost like monkey bars, but not in the air."

 

All of you took a moment to process all of the information, and you nodded slowly. "Since the cafeteria is across the hallway, if we stack the bookcases on top of each other on their sides, they should fit with ends supported by the door frames." BaekHyun said as he put a finger on his chin and thought the plan out.

 

"But how are we going to drag the bookshelves all the way across and push the bookcase to the other side of the hallways when the water is pushing it?" ChanYeol thought about the plan, but he still didn't think it would work.

 

"That's why all three of us will push it to the door and the bookcases are too heavy to be pushed by the water right now." Sehun said as he already jumped into the water and BaekHyun had followed along. ChanYeol looked at you with a small smile and sighed as he jumped in with the rest. You were going to wait until they had the mini wall all done before you go to the cafeteria.

 

They pushed and pulled the bookcase, but it didn't budge at all. It was definitely heavier than it looked and you felt bad that they were doing all the hard work while you waited until they were finished. They had finally , managed to yank it out from inbetween the teacher's desk and another bookcase.

 

Drowsiness washed over you as you watched the 3 work, and you slowly found yourself closing you eyes. Your body fell onto the shelf you were on as your body shook from the small amounts of energy you had left. The last thing you had saw before you had closed your eyes was BaekHyun turning around, surprised. You wondered why he was so surprised as you fell into a deep sleep.

 

----

 

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but my grand parents are at mt house, staying for a week and so it is really hard to write long when you have to make sure your grand parents feel at home. :p

 

Anyways, comment and subscribe! :)

 

-Wonderbangfan10