Survivors

Trapped

You opened your eyes to see the ceiling of the school and you stretched your arms out as you got up. "I had the weirdest dream last night. We were stuck in a classroom filled with-" You looked below you to see the dread water that quietly flowed past just below your feet. 

 

"Water." You finished your senetence as you slouched back and put a hand through your semi wet hair. You looked around to see everyone sleeping as well and you were about to go back to sleep until you heard someone move. You froze in your spot and looked to see ChanYeol yawn as he sat up right next to you.

 

He stared back at you and you quickly stared back to the windows. The moon was the only source of light so you couldn't really tell if he was still looking at you or not. You looked towards your right again and you saw that he was still staring at you. Both of you stared at each other for a while until ChanYeol smiled.

 

"JiEun, right?" He quietly whispered and you nodded, making sure that you were not waking up anyone else. You two sat in silence for a little while and you swung your legs back and forth, making small ripples in the water. "I still can't believe this is happening. It feels like a dream." ChanYeol said as he looked up at the ceiling and sighed and you nodded in agreement. 

 

"Do you think we'll make it out alive?" You whispered and ChanYeol put some thoughts in your words before talking. "Don't worry. If we made it this far, we can get out safe." He grabbed your hand and squeezed it softly as you stared at him with you eyes that were wide in surprise. You blushed as you looked away and you looked at the moon that was reflected on the water. Everything seemed so calm at the moment and you decided to enjoy it while it lasts.

 

"You should go back to sleep. I'll keep watch if anything happens." ChanYeol offered and you smiled as you nodded and laid back down onto the bookcase to sleep. You kept thinking about your parents and worry flooded you as you kept trying to think positive. But you couldn't help but be worried and you prayed and wished for your parents to still be alive.

 

You picked at your nails because you were nervous and you couldn't fall back asleep. It past an hour and you couldn't fall asleep. You sat back up and you puffed up your cheeks as you stared at the people in the room. You could see ChanYeol was asleep again and everyone seemed to be very peaceful as they slept. 

 

You stared at the water and kicked the surface of the water. *This is all your fault.* After you kicked the water a few more times, your shoe had fell off. You tried to grab it, but it started to sink into the water. You looked around and you put a hand through your hair, wondering if you should try to get your shoe or not. 

 

Slowly, you dipped your legs into the water as you slowly made your way down the bookcase and into the water. The water was cold against your skin and you shivered as you tried to look for your shoe. You finally spotted it on a desk, and you quickly went into the water and swam towards the shoe.

 

You stuck the foot that had a shoe on in between two desks so you wouldn't float away when you got to the desk. It was hard to go down because your body kept trying to float upwards. You quickly grabbed the shoe from the desk and swam upwards and you yanked on your foot. 

 

Even though you tried to swim upwards, you foot was stuck in between the desks, so you couldn't move. You panicked and yanked on your leg but your foot didn't come out. You were running out of breath and a billion things went through your mind as you pulled on your leg. 

 

Suddenly, you saw a pair of hands push the desks away and your foot became free. You didn't even bother to look at who it was because you were running out of breath. When you got onto the surface, you gasped for air and you hung onto the bookshelf as you tried to catch your breath. 

 

Right next to you, you saw the person who saved you, and you were surprised at first. SeHun swiftly got up onto the bookcase and squeezed out all of the water out of his clothes without looking at you or saying anything. You were about to say thank you, but you decided not to as you got back up and squeezed the water out of your skirt and shirt. 

 

You suddenly see a jacket held up in front of you and you looked over to see SeHun holding out a jacket. "Wear this. Your going to catch a cold." You just blinked at him for a while before accepting the jacket and putting the jacket ovee your shirt. "It won't do any good if you wear it over. Hurry and dress. I won't look." SeHun said as he looked away towards the other side of the room.

 

You sat ther for a moment before slowly taking off your shirt, making sure no one was looking. You quickly put on the jacket and you sighed as the dry clothes touched your skin. "Thank you." You whispered as you looked at the water in front of you. "If it wasn't for you, who knows where I would have been now."

 

Your words faded out towards the end as you vowed never to go into the water again. Both of you sat in the awkward silence as you stared out the window to see that it was still raining. You sighed as you saw the water carry buildings and cars outside by the window and you were thankful that you weren't out there.

 

You closed your eyes again, and you wished that maybe in the morning, the rain will stop and the water will stop coming. But you slightly doubted it, juding by how much rain was coming down right now. You leaned your head against the glass and you fell asleep to the sound of the rain falling on the rooftop.