Gloomy Day

Trapped

You opened the front door and you were slapped by the rain droplets that were blown by the wind. You puffed up your cheeks as you saw the school just a few blocks from your home. Being close to the school was probably one of the worst things that could happen to you.

 

It wasn't like you could drive to school because it was so close, but it is pain in the when you had to walk to school on rainy days. The wind blew your umbrella inside out and you sighed as you tossed the broken umbrella to side. That was your last umbrella and you pulled your hood over your head as you ran towards your school.

 

The streets were filled with rain and you tried to step where there wasn't any water, but water still seeped into your shoes. You hated the feeling of the water seeping into your shoes and into your socks. Finally, you made it into the school and you wiped off all the access water off your clothes and squeezed the water out of your hair.

 

You slowly walked as you could feel the water inside your shoes and you desperately wanted to take the water the out and get a new pair of socks. When you got into your seat, your best friend, BaekHyun, greeted you as you put your head on your hands. "Wet shoes?"

 

You nodded and he stuck out his foot from underneath his desk and pointed to them. "Me too, and its been bothering me." You smiled as you lifted your head and rubbed your eyes. "I didn't get any sleep last night because of the rain." You said and BaekHyun nodded his head. "Yeah, I don't think anyone could have gotten any sleep with the rain and the thunder."

 

"Look, look, look. He's coming!" The girls in your class squealed as Sehun came into your classroom and took a seat in his usual spot. You never got those girls who would be fangirling over SeHun. You didn't really care much about him, but it wasn't like you hated him or anything, you just had no opinion about him. 

 

"Okay, class. Today, we have a new student in our classroom." The teacher said as she came in and everyone shuffled into their seats as they whispered, wondering who the new kid was. "I want you to all be nice to him, and please nothing like what you did to the other kid." The teacher motioned the student to come into the classroom. 

 

A very tall student walked into the classroom and bowed. "Hello. My name is Park ChanYeol. Its nice to meet you all." Everyone clapped and you could see the girls squealing at the new eye candy. "You may sit in that empty seat right there." ChanYeol sat at the desk next to you and turned to face you.

 

You looked up as well and he held out a hand, "Its nice to meet you. What's your name?" You were caught by surprise at his friendliness and you shook his hand with a slight smile. "Yoo JiEun." You said before letting go and slowly looking towards the front. 

 

BaekHyun slightly pushed your leg with his foot and stared at you, waiting for you to spill. You pushed him back slightly with your hand and whispered that nothing happened as you tried to focus on the lesson. 

 

When the bell rang for lunch you were relieved as you shut your book closed and walked out if the classroom with BaekHyun. The sky was dark and the rain kept pouring which meant that there will probably be a bug thunderstorm soon. You took your tray of food and sat at your usual table and picked at your food.

 

"You aren't hungry?" BaekHyun asked and you shook your head as you pushed the tray away from you. "I don't have an appetite." You said as you laid your head on your hand and sighed. "But what happened between you and the new kid?" BaekHyun curiously asked and you just waved it off. "He was just trying to be nice and asked for my name."

 

BaekHyun stared at you as if he knew there was more to that then just being nice. "Just hurry up and eat your food, its getting cold." You said as you pushed his shoulder slightly, and BaekHyun smiled at you before he went back to eating. BaekHyun couldn't help but feel a little jealous because ChanYeol had came. He had been having a crush on you since he had met you, and he didn't want to lose you to a person who just came a gew hours ago.

 

"Uhm, do you mind if I sit here?" ChanYeol said as he stood in front of your table and both of you looked up. "Its okay if you don't want me too. I'll just-" ChanYeol said sheepishly as he was about to walk away but BaekHyun cut him and pushed an open chair. 

 

"You can sit here." BaekHyun said as put on a fake smile and kicked a chair open. You kicked him slightly under the table and scolded him in your mind for being so rude. The rest of the lunch was actually much more louder than any other day and you found out that ChanYeol was actually pretty funny. 

 

The bell rang and you picked up your tray that still had food on it. You didn't see the puddle of milk on the floor and you almost slipped before getting to the trash can. But you did bump into a guy from your class and you looked up to see milk all over his uniform.

 

He cursed under his breath as he threw away his food and grabbed the napkins off the table to wash off his shirt. You quickly threw away your food and grabbed some napkins yourself and was about to help him when he just took the napkins from your hand. "I'm sorry. I-" 

 

"Its okay." He said as he threw away the napkins and walked off. His friends gave you looks before they followed him but SeHun stopped in front of you with a blank expression. You stood there uncomfortable under his gaze and you quickly took some napkins to clean up the milk on the floor.

 

SeHun took some napkins as well and a few moments later, ChanYeol and BaekHyun joined in as well. You looked up at him, wondering why he was helping you, but as soon as he looked up at you, you shot you head down to the floor and continued cleaning.

 

After you were all done, he left without a word and you stared at him leaving the cafeteria. "Come on, JiEun. Let's go." BaekHyun said as he tapped your shoulder and the three of you walked into classroom. You could hear the rain pour on the roof of the school and you sighed as you saw the grey sky.

 

*I just wish this day was over already, so I can go back to sleep at home, where everything is dry and cozy.* You thought as you stared at the clock with a frown on your face. *Just 3 more hours to go, just 3 more.*

 

_______________

 

Remember to subscribe and comment! :)

Thank you!

-Wonderbangfan10