chap 4

Our life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sitting alone in the long corridor of the hospital, Donghae remembered the phrase that had been told to him 30 minutes after his arrival.


'' I'm sorry we did everything in our power to save the both of them ''


Tears rolling at high speed on his cheeks. He was surpassed; he didn’t know what to do or who to asking for help.

But suddenly the door of the hall opened and showed a breathless Hyukjae. The new arrives approached weeping slowly without breaking the look, then took him in his arms always with the same slowness.


"They are no longer there ... Hyukjae ... I lost my family ..." Donghae snorted in Hyukjae’s arm , wetting the coat as his tears seem to didn’t want to stop falling.

"Shh ... it’s okay ..." Hyukjae said as he himself didn’t believe in his '' it’s okay '' but he did not know what else to say.

Slowly he realized that his old friend had died with his wife.

The same as Donghae, Kyuhyun and his family was the only family Hyukjae owned. Of course he still had his father, but their relationship was very complicated.

In the other hand a reality that had hit Donghae, Minhyun.

Minhyun was alone too, so young and already an orphan. Orphan, it was a word that Donghae would never have thought to associate with his niece.

What would happen to her? What should he do? What could he do?

He could not let her to social services as if she had no family, but he didn’t know what to do, he himself needs someone to support him, not otherwise. Yet he could not leave the most important person for his brother and at that moment for him too.

So he thought and thought.


The two young people remained in the hospital overnight for papers and to contact Kyuhyun family. The latters could not arrive until morning saw the distance between Seoul and Kyuhyun’s birthplace.


They stayed there waiting next to each other like two people who knew each other all their lives. After a tiring day, Hyukjae succumbed to fatigue and rested his head on Donghae’s shoulder, his blonde hair tickled his support’s neck. Yet the other did not pay a bit attention to his comrade, and stared straight ahead, with an absent look.


In the morning, there were only the preparation of the funeral, the family arrived, Donghae saw the parents of his brother-in-law collapsed, lost, asking multiple questions unanswered. It was like seeing himself few hours ago. Kyuhyun’s mother suddenly turned to Donghae and asked:

"It seems to me that they had a baby, where is it then?" At these words, Donghae looked but only to see in her eyes, contempt? He cleared his throat and spoke.

"She's not here ... she ..." he did not know where was his niece. He had no idea of her whereabouts and he forgot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter