School Festival

How To Confess Your Love

 

“Noona!” Daehyun’s shout made Hyuna slammed her laptop close on reflex. She turned around as she was sitting at her study desk with a glowering face.

“What the hell Daehyun?! Don’t you know this is a girl’s room? How many times do I have to tell you to knock before you come in?” Hyuna yelled at his brother when he suddenly broke into her room. She rubbed her chest in relief because her laptop was secured, no matter what she was watching just now.

“You should’ve locked it,” Daehyun shrugged his shoulders and jutted out his bottom lips. “Anyway, I’ve something that I need you to help me with,” He moved to sit on Hyuna’s bed, facing her.

“Speak,” Hyuna slung her arm on the back of the chair, very uninterested about his brother’s problem.

Daehyun knew his sister was always like that. He proceeded with his request. “Uhm… I-I kinda join the school’s TS B-Beauty contest. So… I need a g-girl costume to… yeah… wear… during –”

“WHAT?!” You need to wear a girl BHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA”

“Noona! Shut up before dad heard us!” Daehyun put his index finger at his mouth; another hand was trying to cup his sister’s mouth.

“Yo!”

“ARGH!” Daehyun was so surprised that he stumbled back to the bed. “Junhong? What’re you doing here?”

“I think I want to sleep here tonight,” Zelo replied while munching some chips he took from the kitchen just now. Of course he had asked Daehyun’s mother about it.

“Are you crazy?” Hyuna asked with a disgusted look.

Zelo stared at her until he got the idea of what Hyuna was saying. “What- Not ‘here’ here. I mean Daehyun’s room idiot.”

“Yah! Watch your language! I’m your noona!” Hyuna stood up and pointed accusingly at Zelo.

“Guys, cut it out!” Daehyun shouted. “Let’s get back to our topic shall we?”

Hyuna calmed down. She slowly turned at Daehyun as she remembered about their previous topic. “Oh, yeah. Pfft….” She covered to hold back her laughter.

“Noona…” Daehyun huffed in annoyance. Zelo went to sit cross-legged beside Daehyun on the bed.

“Okay, okay. What kind of costume do you want to wear?” Hyuna asked.

“I don’t know. That’s why I ask you. We need to buy it in two weeks,” Daehyun’s face clearly showed that he was worried.

“Just wear something y and you’ll gonna win,” Zelo stated, still munching the snacks.

“This isn’t about winning, remember?” Daehyun clarified.

Zelo shrugged his shoulders. “It’ll be great if you win.”

“Then what’re you joining this for?” Hyuna asked curiously. She totally forgot to ask about it earlier.

“Noona, you know…” Daehyun started to be shy. Blood was rushing to his face making his cheeks turned pink.

A bulb lighted in Hyuna’s mind. She snapped his fingers. “Ah… about the handsome guy?” She rubbed her chin to think and end it with a smirk. “I think… I have almost the right thing for you…”

Hyuna went to her giant wardrobe, looking through tons of clothes in it before she finally pulled out a piece. “TA-DAH!!!”

“What even…” Daehyun’s eyes widened looking at the costume his sister was holding. “How is it possible for you to own this?”

“I have my way,” Hyuna wiggled her brows.

“This is perfect noona!” Zelo ran to take a better look at the costume. Daehyun too followed him.

“Am I even allowed to wear this?” Daehyun asked worriedly.

“Why not? They say nothing about the costume,” Zelo nudged Daehyun’s side. “Plus, this is so Yongguk’s type.”

Hyuna nodded. “Yeah, now let me teach you how to put on some makeup.”

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

“That’s it! He hates me,” Yongguk threw up his hands in frustration.

“What is it this time?” Himchan asked boringly.

“I just texted Daehyun to hang out with me after school,” Yongguk showed his phone to the other. “But he rejected it!”

Himchan sighed. “Your problem is nothing bigger than mine. At least your crush doesn’t like someone else!”

“Yeah,” Yongguk nodded his head vigorously. “But everyone likes him! I don’t get it. Why is he ignoring me lately? Like he’s busy all the time! During lunch, after school, during weekend. I need to do this, I have to do that. If he doesn’t want me to bother him then tell it straight to me,” He ran his slim fingers through his hair.

“And you’ll be crying like a baby if he really did that,” Himchan mumbled.

“And now, he’s with Jongup,” Yongguk stopped walking when he saw Daehyun and Jongup got out from the club’s room. He pulled Himchan to hide behind a wall at the corner. “What’re they doing in there? Is that why Daehyun can’t go out with me? To spend time with Jongup?”

“Maybe Daehyun needs more practice. Our performance is in three days, remember?” Himchan retorted.

On the other hand, Daehyun and Jongup did not realize they were being watched. They kept talking happily in front of the club’s room.

“Thanks for your help, hyung. I really appreciate it,” Daehyun hugged Jongup.  

“You’re welcome!” Jongup replied cutely after they broke apart. “Want me to take you home?”

“Nah,” Daehyun shook his head. “Did you forget you have a date with Junhong?”           

Jongup’s eyes bulged out as Daehyun reminded him about his own date. “Oh my god! I almost forgot about it! Thanks Daehyun. I have to make a run for it!” Jongup sprinted to the school’s exit.

“Okay Jongup hyung! Anyeong!”

Back to the sunbaes, Yongguk could only stare at his crush with slacked jaw as he slowly walked away from him. “Hug?! I thought Jongup is with Zelo now?” Yongguk asked with so much shock.

“Relax. It’s just a hug, not a kiss,” Himchan rolled his eyes. “You think too much and got annoying. I feel like punching you in the face!”

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

The school festival had finally arrived. Yongguk and the other band members were getting ready backstage for their performance which would start in half an hour. It would be held at the school’s compound so that everyone could see it. All six of them were wearing matching black outfits. Yongguk sat at a sofa adjacent to the big mirrors they used to put some makeup on their faces. He was the first one to be ready because he just liked it simple. He hated makeup to be honest. But Daehyun in makeup? He liked it. A lot.

Yongguk was keeping himself entertained just by watching Zelo arguing with Daehyun to put some eyeliner one him.

“Just put it now!” Zelo insisted. “You’re gonna put it anyway later,” He moved the brush closer to Daehyun’s face but Daehyun hold it back.

“No! I’ll be too pretty to perform this manly song!” Daehyun stated his dumb reason.

“You’re already pretty. Now let me put this ing thing on you!” Zelo shouted while holding the back of Daehyun’s neck with the other hand. Daehyun finally gave up and let his friend do whatever he wanted to do on him.

Yongguk just laughed softly at the best friends’ childish act. It’s not long until the show time. He needed to gather all the members now. Yongguk stood up and called them to come to his place. Daehyun and Zelo were the last persons to get there because the eyeliner did take some time to dry.

As soon as the boy was in his sight, Yongguk gulped. Damn it he’s smoking hot. Daehyun started to feel uneasy as Yongguk’s eyes were glued to him.

“Yah! Yongguk-ah! Hurry up!” Himchan brought Yongguk back to reality. The other members were already putting their hands on top of each other in the middle, ready to cheer.

“What- oh yeah,” Yongguk placed his hand on the uppermost hand, which turned out to be Daehyun’s. The boy blushed at the contact and Yongguk could feel his cheeks were heating up too. “O-On three, one, two-”

“Fighting!” All of them shouted at the same time, throwing their hands up. It was their turn to go on stage now. Yongguk waited for the members to go first until he encountered the last person, Daehyun.

“Good luck,” He whispered to Daehyun’s ears encouragingly before patting his back.

Daehyun stopped walking and turned to him. “You too, Yongguk hyung,” He smiled at the elder.

Yongguk could feel everything around him brightened up and slowed down because of that smile. His heart was playing some rock songs inside his chest. “God, save me,” Yongguk mumbled under his breath before following Daehyun to the stage.

The song was performed smoothly, just like what they practiced. Many students were cheering for them since the members were all Mr. Popular at the school. Daehyun was so excited, because this was their first time to perform together on stage. He kept glancing at his crush. And every time he did that, Yongguk was already looking at him with a satisfied smile. He could not help but to smile back.

When it was time for Daehyun’s high notes part in the song, he went all out with it, sending shivers to everyone who was hearing it, including Yongguk. The audience clapped their hands and cheered at him. It looked like he would be a lot more popular after this. Oh, wait. There was still another performance Daehyun needed to do.

After the performance, all of them changed back to their school uniforms except Daehyun. He was waiting for Zelo to get his girl costume in the locker. The contest would start in an hour, just enough for him to get ready. Yongguk took the chance to approach Daehyun who was sitting on the sofa he sat previously.

“Hey, Dae. Why don’t you change yet?” Yongguk asked as he plopped down beside Daehyun.

Daehyun became fidgety at Yongguk’s presence. He thought Yongguk had gone to visit the booths like the others. He did not plan to meet Yongguk before the contest. His face was turning red at the thought that Yongguk would see him in a girl costume later.

“Uhm… I’m waiting for Junhong to bring my… uniform,” Daehyun replied timidly.

“Oh…” Yongguk nodded before continuing. “You did a great job today. Would you like to walk with me after this? To the booths?” He asked full of hope.

Daehyun was perplexed. Yongguk was asking him to walk together. The elder did not even plan to watch the beauty contest. What should he do now?

Before Daehyun could reply, Zelo walked in with a big paper bag in his hold, Jongup following behind him. Seeing the situation in front of him, Zelo knew his friend needed some help. “Yongguk hyung!” He called. “What’s up?”

“Nothing. I’m just asking Daehyun to go visit the booths with me,” Yongguk said.

“Why don’t you go first? Daehyun may take a while changing and removing his makeups,” Zelo made an excuse. Daehyun looked at him thankfully.

“Okay. Tell me when you're ready,” Yongguk got up and walked out.

“Hyung, text Himchan. Make sure Yongguk come to see the contest later,” Zelo ordered Jongup like a demanding boyfriend. Jongup did not say anything but complied with his sweetheart.

 

To : Himchan hyung

From : Jongup

Hyung, Yongguk hyung is waiting for you outside the backstage room. And meet me at the school hall in an hour. Make sure you bring Yongguk hyung along. This is important!

 

“Now, let’s make you a pretty girl,” Zelo smirked at Daehyun who had a frown on his face. “Here, change to this,” He handed Daehyun the big paper bag. Daehyun slowly made his way to the changing room. “Don’t you think to quit now!” Zelo yelled from behind.

As Daehyun was changing, Jongup and Zelo could hear some ‘urgh’ and ‘argh’. It seemed like Daehyun had problems to put on those tight clothes. After a while, the whimpers had died down but Daehyun still did not come out. Zelo went to knock the door. “Daehyun, are you done yet?”

The door swayed opened slightly. Daehyun peered out his head. “I don’t think I should do this,” He said anxiously.

“What are you talking about? The contest is about to start soon,” Zelo crossed his arms, glaring at the boy. “Come out. Let me see.”

Daehyun shuddered. An angry Zelo was the scariest thing ever. Although his friend was all calm and cool, it was totally different when he lost his temper. Daehyun collected himself before slowly getting out of the changing room.

Zelo’s jaw dropped down. He checked out the boy in front of him from head to toe, complete in the girl costume including the wig. Daehyun absolutely looked like a girl. A pretty and y girl. Zelo almost could not believe his eyes. “OH. MY. LORD. THIS, IS A MASTERPIECE!”

Jongup jerked up hearing Zelo’s loud voice. The second his eyes fell on Daehyun, his tongue darted out to his lips in reflex. “Damn, you go girl!”

Daehyu blushed when Jongup said that. He kept tugging on his overly short mini skirt. Zelo glanced at Jongup but the other just played innocent. “What? He’s pretty,” Jongup uttered but Zelo ignored him.

“Come, let’s paint your face,” Zelo dragged Daehyun to the mirror. Daehyum stumbled, hard to keep his balance in heels.

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

After everything was ready, Daehyun went to the school hall with Jongup and Zelo accompanying him. He clutched to the robe that covered his body tightly and pulled down the hood that was already covering half of his face.

“Daehyun, we should take a selfie together,” Jongup suggested out of nowhere.

“Yah!” Zelo yelled, making Daehyun flinched. “Who’s your boyfriend actually?”

“Now you admit it?” Jongup asked with a smug face. “Then let’s take a selfie together!”

“Not now, moron,” Zelo said. Jongup just grinned at him like a dork.

As they reached the backstage of the school hall, other participants were already lining up. “Gosh, they’re all pretty,” Daehyun said, feeling insecure.

“Don’t worry, Daehyun. You’re the prettiest. Trust me,” Zelo looked straight to Daehyun’s eyes.

“Do you remember all the steps?” Jongup asked and Daehyun nodded.

“Good. We’ll be going now. We’ll watch you from the front,” Zelo said. Daehyun removed the robe and gave it to Zelo. “Good luck!”

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

Yongguk followed Himchan’s steps with a heavy heart. He wanted to be with Daehyun, so bad. But he did not have a chance to say anything when Himchan suddenly dragged his hand to walk with him instead.

“Where are we going now?” Yongguk asked in a hollow tone, uninterested to do anything without Daehyun, although he had gone to all the booths with Himchan.

“Jongup asked to meet him at the school hall. He said it’s important,” Himchan explained.

As they reached the school hall, it was already full with students. “Well, what do we have here?” Himchan did not have any idea about the contest, as well as Yongguk. He craned his neck to look for the wanted guy. Thanks to Zelo’s height, they were finally spotted in the middle of the crowd.

“Hey, guys!” Jongup and Zelo turned around upon hearing Himchan’s voice. “What are we doing here?”

“You’ll see,” Jongup replied while looking straight to the front.

“Youngjae suddenly appeared on the stage. “Anyeong haseyo, gentlemen! Welcome to the TS Beauty Contest!”

“Why are we watching a beauty contest?” Yongguk asked feeling irritated. “And since when Youngjae becomes the mc? And where the is Daehyun?”

“Could you please shut up?!” Himchan had his eyes fixed on Youngjae now. No one could do anything about it.

One by one of the participants came out to the stage, doing their performances. Yongguk yawned looking at the manly girls.

Youngjae was about to announce the next contestant but he paused for a while. He carefully took a look at the cards in his hands once again. “Oh, really? This boy? I know him! And I bet you all know him too. He’s popular with the nickname cute-and-pretty-first-grade-student,” The crowd cheered and whistled at Youngjae’s statement. Yongguk was still in his sleepy state until Himchan nudged his arm. He gestured to the stage and Yongguk half-heartedly looked to his front.

“This one might be my favourite too,” Youngjae continued. “I present to you, Jung Daehyun!”

The song Hush by miss A started to play. Daehyun made his way out and clung to the pole above his head. Yongguk’s eyes almost popped out seeing Daehyun clad in a black police costume with some pink straps decorating it. The tight dress showed his beautifully curved body and some skin by his waist. He’s wearing long net socks under the very short skirt. There were handcuffs clipped to the skirt too. A police baton was hung on the other side. Daehyun was also wearing a long black gloves and high heel boots. And as a must, a police cap that wrote ‘NAUGHTY POLICE’ above his long brown wig.

Daehyun began to sing and dance to the song. His husky voice suited perfectly to the music, making it ier. His face was different from before. It showed more confidence and dominance, his eyes were burning with fire.

Himchan too was enjoying the show until he remembered about Yongguk standing beside him. The guy was constantly complaining before, but now not a single word came out from his mouth. Himchan turned to check on him. Yongguk was totally hypnotized by the performer on the stage. His eyes were half lidded and he was… drooling?

Himchan gasped. “Damn, Yongguk. Control yourself!” He exclaimed.

“Huh?” Yongguk asked without tearing his eyes from Daehyun.

“Your mouth! Wipe it! You’re drooling like crazy,” Himchan showed a grossed face to the other.

Yongguk snapped out from his dreamland. He wiped the corner of his mouth with his sleeve before going back to admire Daehyun.

Daehyun was like alluring his prey when he sang the chorus part. “Give it to me, give it to me, oh. Come to me, come to me, oh,” He removed his cap and flipped his hair aggressively. Then, he pulled out the baton before pointing it to the students below, seductively, and it stopped at Yongguk. Looked like Daehyun had found his target now. Yongguk could only gulp down his saliva, afraid it would drool again.

Daehyun smirked at him before he proceeded to the point dance where he had to lie down on his sides while patting his hip and called out with the iest face ever. His blushing face did a great help to make him looked hotter. “Come to me, come to me, oh.”

“Daebak!!!” Zelo’s shout blend in with the other students’. Jongup was busy taking pictures of Daehyun with his phone, continuously his lips.

Zelo just saw what the other did and smacked the back of his head. Jongup looked angrily at Zelo but immediately averted his gaze when Zelo had a more intimidating stare.

Himchan could hardly believe what he was seeing. That was such a turn on. He turned to Yongguk once again, expecting his friend would smile like an idiot. But damn, he was wrong.

“! YONGGUK! YOU’RE BLEEDING!”

Yongguk turned to him. “What..?” He sounded so high right now.

“Your nose! It’s bleeding!” Himchan grabbed Yongguk’s head and tilted it up. He then turned to Zelo. “Quick, give me something to stop the bleeding!”

Zelo was panic as soon as he saw blood rushing down from Yongguk’s nose. He frantically searched for something inside the paper bag he was holding. “Here!” Zelo gave a piece of cloth to Himchan.

Himchan snatched it and pressed it to Yongguk’s nose. Yongguk lowered down his head and hold the cloth. But he could sense something was a little bit off. “Wait, what exactly is this?” He asked.

Himchan pulled back and unfolded the cloth. “U-Underwear?” He looked at Zelo for an answer.

“Uh… it must be Daehyun’s since it’s from this bag,” He grinned innocently.

Himchan looked back at the underwear he was holding in front of Yongguk’s face. He lowered it down to look at the other. “Y-Yongguk?”

And there was an explosion of blood in the middle of the hall. Blood, blood everywhere. Yongguk fell down in unconscious state, blood decorating his face and shirt.

“Yongguk!” Himchan shouted, but the other students were too busy enjoying the performance.

Daehyun’s performance came to an end. He finished it by blowing kisses to the entire hall but he failed to find Yongguk. He waved and bowed at the audience before going to the backstage.

“Yah! Jongup! Can’t you see we need some help here?” Zelo asked annoyingly.

Jongup just realized that Yongguk was sprawled on the floor. “Man down! Man down!” He put Yongguk on his back and piggybacked him to the medical room.

 

\( ̄(エ) ̄)/

 


Wow, what a long chap. But I had so much fun writing it XD

Well, if you're wondering how Daehyun would actually looked like, click here and TADAHHH!!!

Thanks for subscribing, reading and commenting! I love you all (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ♥♥♥

 

btw, 1004 is PERFECT!!! o(╥﹏╥)o