Beauty Contest

How To Confess Your Love

 

“What the hell is this?!” Yongguk threw a folded paper on Himchan’s table as soon as he reached their class that morning.

Himchan gave him a confused look. “Huh?” He grabbed the paper and looked at Yongguk quizzically.

“Read it up,” Yongguk said before going to his seat which was beside the other. He was impatiently tapping his fingers on the table.

Himchan unfolded the paper and scanned every English word written on it thoroughly. He read it calmly until his eyes landed on the sender’s name. He kept staring at it with wide eyes for a while before turning to Yongguk. “What’s this?!” He was in complete surprise and also confused to find his crush as the person who wrote that letter to Daehyun.

Yongguk sighed. “Daehyun found it in his locker last Friday but he didn’t know what it said. So he asked me to read it for him. Luckily, I’m not that honest to tell him the truth that a dicktard is pursuing on my boy,” He explained.

“Yah! Don’t talk like that to Youngjae!” Himchan was furious when Yongguk insulted the guy he liked.

“Then why don’t you make a move on him yet? ‘Cause now, he’s stuck with Daehyun!” Yongguk threw up his hands in frustration.

“How could I know that Youngjae likes Daehyun? You’re the one who should claim Daehyun as yours so that no one would bother him anymore,” Himchan returned, feeling irritated at Yongguk.

Yongguk opened his mouth to snap back at Himchan but it was halted when the teacher entered the classroom. So he just ended it with a sharp glance to the latter.

Himchan on the other hand was still looking at the letter, hoping that all of this was not real. But the he remembered the conversation he had with Youngjae last week and it all made sense now. It was really stupid for him to think that maybe Youngjae would want to give him a love letter. He could feel the tears welled up in his eyes and he had to hold it from falling for the rest of the day.

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

“Yah, Daehyun-ah, come and see this,” Zelo called when they were walking to the cafeteria during lunch break. He stopped his tracks as he saw something interesting at the notice board. Daehyun who was a few steps ahead turned back to his friend to observe a colorful poster advertising about a contest.

“TS Beauty?” Daehyun muttered the title before reading other details. “Open to all students. Must dress as a girl and make a performance on stage, will be held during the school festival,” He seemed to understand about the contest but he still cannot comprehend why Zelo looked so interested in it. Daehyun turned to his friend and gave him a weird look when Zelo had a smug smile plastered on his face. “What? You wanna join it?” He asked.

“Pfft, not me silly. You are going to join it,” Zelo rectified, stressing out the word ‘you’ in his sentence.

Daehyun could only blink his eyes at Zelo. “Me? TS Beauty? No way!” He shook his head anxiously.

“C’mon Daehyun. Who knows maybe Yongguk hyung will fall in love with you after seeing you being y in the girl’s outfit,” Zelo wiggled his eyebrows.

The mention of Yongguk made Daehyun to think again. He bit his lips and raised his brows at Zelo. “You think so?”

“Yeah, from my observation, he looks like the type who prefers a wild and y person,” Zelo rubbed his chin and bobbed his head up and down.

Daehyun almost believed his friend, he always did. But about this contest, he was still a bit hesitant. “Really?”

“Just give it a try, Daehyun,” Zelo persuaded.

“But I have to make a performance. In girl’s costume,” Daehyun pointed to the poster where it was written. “And the school festival is in two weeks! And I need to perform for our club too!”

“Chill, we can work on that,” Zelo said coolly. “The club’s performance is in the morning. And this contest is in the evening.”

Daehyun was okay with that but he did not know what to perform in the girl’s costume. He was in a deep thought when suddenly, something brilliant crossed his mind. “Oh, I know! I’ll ask Jongup hyung to teach me the dance!”

Zelo gasped as he heard the jerk’s name. “He again? I can do it too, you know,”

“But maybe he knows more in this,” Daehyun retorted.

Zelo stared at Daehyun. It would be weird if he kept protesting because Daehyun was not aware about the other things revolved around him except Yongguk, Yongguk, Yongguk and food. He did not even realize that his best friend was not in good terms with a guy that used to like him. Well, Daehyun was the one to join this contest anyway, not him. He finally sighed in defeat. “What about the outfit?” He asked about the other aspect.

“What should I wear?” Daehyun asked back.

“Maybe… we should ask Hyuna noona about it,” Zelo gave him a sly smile.

Daehyun’s eyes widened. “Are you kidding? She will make fun of me for the rest of my life!”

“So what? If you get Yongguk hyung by doing this, then there’s no regret,” Once again, Zelo came out with a strong reason, making Daehyun had nothing to say except to agree with it.

“Fine,” Daehyun said unwillingly before continuing their walk to the cafeteria.

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

As always, Himchan was the first one to go to the club’s room for their practice, although he did not really have the mood to do everything that day. Honestly, nothing could hurt as much as knowing your crush liked someone else.

Himchan was sitting on the floor against the wall when the door opened showing another member of the group had arrived.

“Hi, Himchan hyung,” Youngjae greeted him. “You’re early today.”

“I’m always early,” Himchan said gloomily.

Youngjae noticed the sullen look on Himchan’s face. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” Himchan breathed out heavily before putting up a small smile. “I’m just not in the mood, I guess,” He said to cover it up. Youngjae just nodded his head understandingly and plopped down next to Himchan. “Relax, hyung. Maybe this practice will cheer you up,” Youngjae smiled sweetly at him.

Usually, Himchan’s heart would skip a bit every time Youngjae smiled at him but now, his heart was literally in pain. He really wanted to know why Youngjae chose Daehyun over him. No, he did not hate Daehyun. Or Youngjae. How could he hate his crush anyway? It was just that it really hurt when the person you like did not return your feelings towards them.

“You know, Daehyun told me this funny story,” Himchan spoke up, breaking the silence.

“Really? What is it?” Himchan could hear the excitement in Youngjae’s voice as he mentioned the boy’s name although the other tried to hide it. He would roll his eyes if Youngjae did not look straight at him.

“Last week, Daehyun found a letter in his locker,” Himchan began. “But when he looked at it, it’s all in English and he couldn’t understand a single bit of the letter.”

“Wait, Daehyun doesn’t know English?” Youngjae was flustered.

“Nope. He can’t even say Zelo’s name correctly, remember?” Himchan laughed a little.

“Ah…” Youngjae scratched the back of his head, feeling embarrassed. He also was frustrated because his love confession was a vain attempt. He really worked hard in writing that letter. “So what did he do?” He asked curiously.

Himchan shrugged his shoulders. “He threw it up,” He simply lied to the latter.

Youngjae was slack-jawed as he looked at Himchan in disbelief. It took a while for him to straighten back and turned to look at his lap. Himchan almost scoffed seeing Youngjae being all obvious as the sender of the letter.

“It’s you right? You like Daehyun,” Himchan could not hold it aymore. “That’s why you ask me about it the other day right?”

Youngjae quickly looked up at Himchan. At first, he tried to deny it but looking at Himchan’s stern expression, he thought there was no reason for him to hide his feelings anymore. He took a deep breath and admitted the truth. “Yes, I like Daehyun,” He said firmly.

Himchan immediately turned his face away from Youngjae to choke back his tears. His eyelids flickered and he cleared his throat before talking again. “What if he doesn't like you back?” He asked. His voice almost cracked up.

“Well, as far as I know, he’s still single and I still have a chance on him,” Youngjae retorted. “I won’t give up on him.”

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

During the practice, Yongguk as usual would fix his eyes on Daehyun. But only this time that he noticed Youngjae too was admiring the boy. He was the cause of Yongguk to keep a close distant to Daehyun all day because he was afraid if Youngjae would come out of nowhere and confess to the boy.

Himchan too, had his eyes on his only crush even if he did not want to. He made a lot of mistakes during the dance practice compared to Daehyun. How he wished that Youngjae would look at him the way he looked at Daehyun. But everything seemed to be impossible now. His sweet dream had shattered.

As for Jongup, he was having a big trouble to figure the way to approach Zelo who was ignoring him like forever. Daehyun did not matter to him now. He got someone else in his heart anyway. While in his own heart, Zelo had dethroned Daehyun.

After the practice ended, Himchan quickly left to go home after saying goodbye to everybody. Whereas, Yongguk dashed to Daehyun before Youngjae did.

“You did great today,” Youngjae said to Daehyun.

“Thanks, hyung. You too,” Daehyun smiled at him.

Youngjae wanted to talk more with Daehyun but he could feel Yongguk was looking daggers at him. He just thought that Yongguk had something more important to talk to the boy, so he excused himself. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Daehyun. You too, Yongguk hyung,” He said before going out of the room.

“See you tomorrow, Youngjae hyung!” Daehyun happily said in response while Yongguk was burning up with jealousy beside him.

“Hey, Dae,” Yongguk called. “Let’s go home together?”

“Oh, Yongguk hyung. I’m sorry I can’t today. I have… another business to deal with,” Daehyun refused although he really wanted to go home with Yongguk.

“I can wait,” Yongguk said.

“No, it’s okay. You should go first,” Daehyun insisted, leaving Yongguk with no choice but to comply.

“O-Okay then. Bye…” Yongguk walked out of the room with a heavy heart.

Talking about another business of Daehyun, he needed to talk to Jongup about the beauty contest. Zelo reluctantly accompanied Daehyun to meet him.

When there were only three of them left in the practice room, Daehyun initiated the conversation. “So… Jongup hyung, I have a favor to ask from you.”

“What is it?” Jongup asked as he was putting on his school jacket.

“Well, you know, about the b-b-beauty contest, uhmm, the participant needs to do a performance, so…” Daehyun delayed his speech because truthfully, he was a little bit bashful about entering the contest.

“You guys gonna join it?” Jongup began to give full attention to them.

“Just me,” Daehyun replied shyly.

Jongup averted his eyes to the other boy standing beside Daehyun. “What about Zelo?”

“I don’t have a solid purpose to join it,” Zelo just side-eyed him.

“What’s Daehyun’s solid purpose then?” Jongup lifted an eyebrow at Daehyun.

Zelo was faster to answer it. “Just to win the heart of someone he likes.”

“Yeah, just to win Yongguk’s heart,” Daehyun blurted accidently. His eyes enlarged and his hand covered his mouth in reflex.

“Ah… So you like Yongguk hyung? Interesting… I should've known it before,” Jongup put on a smug face. Zelo could only shake his head in dismay at his blushing friend.

Jongup looked at Zelo again. “Could your join it too with the purpose of winning my heart?” He said in a flirty tone.

Zelo clicked his tongue. “Go to hell.”

Jongup knew Zelo was showing an extreme dislike to him so but he smiled anyway. He turned back to Daehyun. “So what do you want me to help?”

Daehyun was back to normal when Jongup did not ask more about Yongguk. “I was thinking on singing a song. And dance a little. So I need you to teach me the dance,” Daehyun clarified his request.

“Hmm…” Jongup paused to think for a moment. “How about I’ll teach you, if Zelo go out with me?” He smirked.

“What?!” Zelo shrieked. “There’s no freaking way I would go out with you!”

“Then I will not help you,” Jongup stated and walked towards the door.

“No, wait!” Daehyun stopped him. “Junhong will go out with you! Please, you really have to teach me the dance. I need this to be perfect,” He pleaded. Jongup looked at Zelo expectantly.

Zelo was dumbfounded. He kept looking between Jongup and Daehyun, his best friend, Daehyun, who had a sad kitten face every time he really wanted something. Zelo knew he would just give up in the end. “Ugh, fine,” He pouted while Jongup and Daehyun were grinning from ear to ear.

 

\( ̄(エ) ̄)/

 



So this happened. bangdae shippers are so happy. i'm gonna cry (╥_╥)