First Meeting

How To Confess Your Love

“Yah! Jung Daehyun! Stop staring at him already. He might be noticing if you keep doing that.” Zelo said in a low annoyed voice. Zelo was sure Daehyun could hear him despite the buzzing sound of the cafeteria.

“Wha- I’m not staring! I’m just taking a couple of glances at him.” Daehyun retorted, unconsciously peering at the particular person again, who was sitting at a nearby table behind them.

Zelo rolled his eyes as he let out a sigh. “Seriously Daehyun, you are like examining him everyday. You almost forgot about your food, which is extremely abnormal.”

“Come on, Junhong. It’s not like I could see him all the time. Lunch break is the only chance I got to admire his handsome face.” The disgruntled voice ended with a pout. Daehyun’s attention was back to his food, purposely stabbing it with the fork and stuffed it into his mouth, making him looked like a bloated cheeks hamster.

Zelo shook his head because of his best friend’s immature attitude. Truthfully, Daehyun had laid his eyes on this handsome charismatic third grade senior since he spotted him at the very same cafeteria where they were eating now, two weeks after they entered the high school. Frankly said, Daehyun really had eagle eyes on guys like that.

Out of their luck, they had been recognized for their pretty and cute looks although they were new students at the all-boys school. So, by taking advantage for being the famous cute-and-pretty-first-grade-student and also by using some connections here and there, Daehyun got to know a little something about his crush. His name was Bang Yongguk, a third grade high school student, excellent in academic, and the president of Performing Arts Club.

From then, Daehyun was determined to sign in for the club but he never got the chance to do that. The club didn’t announce about the registration yet. And now it had been a month since the school started. Daehyun was getting frustrated day by day, afraid of losing the opportunity to get closer to his new crush.

~*~

Meanwhile at Yongguk’s table, he was eating peacefully with his best buddy, Himchan, until he sensed someone was watching his moves. His eyes observed around the place before landed on a certain boy sitting two tables away behind them but in the next row of tables. The said boy quickly looked away once the made an eye contact. He was blushing while his friend turned to look at Yongguk, making him furious and started to babble.

Himchan realized that Yongguk was not paying attention to him when his question was left unanswered. He saw the latter was gazing at something behind him with a dreamy look. Whatever view that kept Yongguk zoned out was interrupted by a waving hand in front of his face.

“Yah, what have caught your interest rather than talking to me?” Himchan asked curiously.

“Nothing. It’s just that I found this boy was looking at me.” Yongguk replied.

“Nah… That’s a normal thing for popular guys like us.” The cocky Himchan quickly shook off the topic and gobbled up a spoonful of rice.

“But I think this one is kinda cute.” Yongguk just grinned after giving his opinion.

“Really? That’s rare.” Himchan looked at Yongguk disbelieved. “You hardly praised someone about his looks including me. Tell me which one is the lucky boy?”

Yongguk nodded his head up slightly with raised brows, gesturing at the boy using his puckered lips. “He’s sitting at that table, facing us.” Himchan followed his direction, checking out the student alleged to be cute by his friend. He was busy talking to his friend in front of him, chewing on his food at the same time. Himchan also didn’t miss a quick glance from the boy, who immediately averted his eyes somewhere else once he saw they’re were glancing back at him.

Himchan turned back to Yongguk. “I quite agree with you. He is cute.”

“Told you.” Yongguk said with a sly smile.

“I think he's interested in you. So… You wanted to get to know him? I can help you with that.”  Yongguk was intrigued by the offer. Why not use the ever so friendly Himchan to approach the cute boy instead of his awkward self.

“Are you sure? But how are we going to do that?” Yongguk was uncertain about Himchan’s plan.

“I know how. Just follow me.” Himchan abruptly stood up and grabbed Yongguk’s wrist. “Wait! You mean right now?” Yongguk hesitated.

“Yeah, of course. Now come with me.” He pulled the other up and dragged him along to the boy’s table. Yongguk just complied with Himchan. He was the one to know the boy anyway and he trusted his best friend to do it. “Okay, you can let go of my hand now.”

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

                Daehyun saw both Yongguk and his friend got up from their place. He was frustrated at the thought that they were already leaving. “Awww… leaving already? I’m gonna miss you, Bang sunbaenim.” He made a sad face but Zelo just ignored him, finishing up his meal. Daehyun forced down his eyes, afraid of getting caught again, and continue to devour his food.

                All of a sudden, a greeting voice made both of them to look up at the owner. As soon as they recognized the two persons standing beside their table, Zelo was wide-eyed whereas Daehyun was choking and coughing violently, spurting up all the food back onto the plate. His eyes were shut tightly as he kept pounding his fist on his chest.

                “Oh my god! Are you okay?” Himchan felt guilt for surprising the boy. Yongguk straightaway snatched Daehyun’s drink and gave it to him. He sat beside Daehyun while rubbing his back to calm him down. Daehyun took the glass, gulping the drink it in one go. Himchan was looking at him worriedly but Zelo was literally face-palming and shook his head, completely embarrassed with his friend’s action.

                A while later, Daehyun finally recovered but still panting slightly. “Better now? I’m sorry if I shocked you” Himchan apologized. He took a seat beside Zelo.

                “No, it’s not your fault. I’m really sloppy sometimes.” Daehyun started to feel restless to the fact that his crush was sitting right beside him. ! Did he have noticed me staring at him? . He diverted his view towards Zelo, who just shrugged and jut out his bottom lip.

                On the other side, Himchan made an eye signal for Yongguk to carry on. “Alright. So, you guys are new here?” Yongguk’s question managed to make Daehyun slightly jumped on his seat, due to hearing his very manly voice for the first time. But he simply regained his composure and answered, “Yeah, we’re in the first grade.” Yongguk could tell Daehyun was nervous when the boy was trying hard to not look at him in the eyes. He pursed his lips to refrain from laughing at the younger.

                “So, have you signed up for a club?” It was Himchan turn to ask.

                “Nope.” Daehyun shook his head. Before Himchan could say anything in return, Zelo spontaneously jumped into the conversation. “Actually, we’re planning to join the music club, but the registration was not open yet.” He then looked at Daehyun from the corner of his eyes and smiled meaningfully.

                “Oh, really? What a coincidence. Do you guys have any idea of who are we?” Himchan’s face brightened up a bit.

                Zelo naturally put on his poker face. “No, not really.”

                “Wow, that’s weird. You should’ve known us because we’re like the school’s most famous students.” Himchan bragged about himself, earning a disapproving look from Yongguk. “Anyway, I’m Kim Himchan, the music coordinator and vice president of Performing Arts Club while my friend here, Bang Yongguk, is the president.” Daehyun and Zelo pretended to be amused by the not-so-new information.

                “We’re very busy for the past weeks because the school was opened not long ago and we’ve just been appointed to our new positions in the club recently. So, there were many arrangements to make and I think we will hold the audition for new members next week.” Himchan explained. The two juniors just nodded their heads in acknowledgement.

                Yongguk started to speak again after remaining silence the whole time. “Both of you can give your names and phone numbers to me if you want to be informed directly about the audition later.” Daehyun and Zelo looked at each other before agreeing to Yongguk’s suggestions. The president took out his phone and added their contacts.

                “Wait a second.” Himchan said. “Your name is Daehyun and yours is Zelo?” He asked them respectively. “Oh my god. Don’t tell me, you’re the cute new guys the students were talking about! I’ve heard your names but don’t know how you look like. I guess they’re not wrong calling you guys cute”

                “That’s true but we’re not really fond of it” Zelo retorted while Daehyun just smiled shyly.

                “Woah… You talk just like Yongguk.” Himchan laughed. “Anyway, we’ll get going now. See you later. Bye!” Both of them got up and waved at the cute boys.  Yongguk purposely stared at Daehyun longer that he should. The boy flushed and waved back at Yongguk timidly.

                As soon as Yongguk and Himchan were out of their sight, Daehyun immediately let out his not so manly squeal. His rosy cheeks were covered with his hands. “Oh.My.God. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Did Bang Yongguk just talked to me? Did I just talk to Bang Yongguk? Oh my god! I can’t believe this!”

               Zelo had totally expected this outcome. This was not the first time Daehyun had a crush on someone. “Stop the crap,” He cut Daehyun off. “I told you not to stare at him. I don’t know what they think of you now. Maybe they had figured out your feelings for Yongguk.”

                The beaming face of Daehyun turned pale. “R-Really? What should I do now??” He was completely terrified by Zelo’s guess.

               “Now, we should go to the class first. It will start soon.” He got off his seat and left first without waiting for his worried friend. Realizing Zelo was already leaving, Daehyun scrambled up to follow him. “Yah! Wait for me! You gotta help me out of this!”

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

At the same time, Yongguk and Himchan also were walking to their class. Himchan praised the latter about his success in getting their phone numbers. “Well, that’s my hidden talent,” Yongguk retorted haughtily. “But for tigger’s sake! I told you this kid is so ing cute! I think- I’m just- I just wanna pinch his chubby cheeks! He looks so damn cute when he’s shy! And so damn cuter when he smiles. God, save me!” Yongguk blurted out all his thinking about Daehyun to Himchan.

“! Yongguk, are you okay? You’re not sick or something right?” Himchan asked, worried about his friend’s behavior since he never acted like this before. He grabbed Yongguk’s shoulders and turned him around. Yongguk was smiling like a fool, light pink dusted his cheeks.

 “Yes, I think I am. I’m sick. I’m lovesick.” Yongguk put his hands at his chest before entering their class, leaving the dumbfounded Himchan. He didn’t even realize they had reached the classroom. He was thinking all about his cool manly friend who had changed to a complete idiot after falling in love.

 

\( ̄(エ) ̄)/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here’s the first chapter for a starter /oh it rhymes/

I hope you like it (^▽^)

Thank you to the upvoters, subscribers, and readers!

 

Yongguk checking Daehyun out  ╮(─▽─)╭