Enemies

How To Confess Your Love

                Days past after the almost-kissed scene and Daehyun thought things would be more complicated between Yongguk and him. Differently, Yongguk just acted like nothing ever happened in the music room. Daehyun was puzzled by Yongguk’s behavior. He was not sure anymore if Yongguk really wanted to kiss him that day or it was just all his feelings. Seeing Yongguk being casual around him made Daehyun assumed it was like a dream but the only witness to the incident kept telling him that Yongguk really has a thing on him.

                “Stop saying that. I don’t wanna think anything related to Yongguk hyung right now,” Daehyun complained while putting some books into his locker. The final bell of the day had rang just now.

                “Fine, but I was just telling you the truth.” Zelo closed his own locker and put his bag on the shoulders. “You wanna follow me to the club room?” He asked.

                “What for? I don’t remember there’s a practice today.” Daehyun said.

                “I just wanna practice more. I’ve got nothing to do if I go home anyways,” Zelo shrugged. “Even if I want to go, I can’t. Jongup hyung wants to meet me at the rooftop after school,” Daehyun gave his excuse. Zelo was flabbergasted. “Wait a minute. Moon Jongup? Wants to meet you? At the rooftop? After school?” His pitched went higher at every question mark.

                “You don’t have to repeat everything I said, Junhong.” Daehyun finished arranging the books before closing the locker. “For what??” Zelo questioned inquisitively.

                “I don’t know but I better go now.” Daehyun looked at his watch. “See you later, Junhong,” He patted Zelo’s shoulder as he walked pass him.

( ̄(エ) ̄)

                “I don’t know you’re so good at acting,” Himchan stated in sarcastic tone. Yongguk had told him about the previous episode with Daehyun. “I have to be good. Or else things would be awkward again between me and Daehyun. Jeez, I really need to control myself in the future,” Yongguk retorted. “That’s why I told you to confess already!”

                “One day I will. I just need more time,” Yongguk sighed. “Let’s just go now.” They walked out of the classroom to go to the club’s room because there were some things that need to be settled.

                “You go first. I need to use the toilet,” Himchan said before going to the opposite direction. Yongguk continued walking until he saw a certain person he had not seen all day. The boy was actively looking around like a lost puppy while walking towards him. Act normal, Yongguk, Just act normal. He reminded himself.

                “Hey, Daehyun,” He called when they were close enough. Daehyun snapped his head to him. “Hi, Yongguk hyung.”

                “What are you looking for?” Yongguk asked. “Oh, I am supposed to go to the rooftop but I don’t know the way,” Daehyun scratched the back of his head. “Right. I almost forgot you’re still new here. But why are you going there?”

                “Jongup hyung wants to meet me there,” Daehyun answered. “Jongup wants to meet you? At the rooftop? Why?” Daehyun felt like he just had a déjà vu. He was confused about Yongguk and Zelo’s astonished reactions when he told them about Jongup. “He didn’t tell me why. He just told me to go there. Can you show me the way?”

                Yongguk started to panic. His mind was full of possible reasons of why Jongup wants to meet Daehyun. Did Himchan’s prediction about Jongup had a feeling to Daehyun was true? Then Jongup would want to confess his feelings to Daehyun. So he asked Daehyun to meet him at the rooftop, the most popular and romantic confessing place at school. And Daehyun would accept it because Jongup was hot and cool. They would be a couple and he would be left alone frustrated. And Himchan would nag at him forever because he did not listen to him before. And he would cry his heart out when Daehyun and Jongup decided to get married. And he would not get over Daehyun and stay single for the rest of his life…

                “…hyung?! Yongguk hyung?!” Daehyun’s almost shouting voice brought his attention back to the present situation. “Doesn’t Jongup tell you?” Yongguk asked out of the blue. “Tell what?”

                “He needs to go home because he has something else to do,” Yongguk confidently lied to Daehyun. “Really?”

                “Yeah. I saw him on my way here. I think he forgets to tell you about it,” Yongguk added.

“Wait, I don’t even have his number. Maybe that’s why he can’t contact me,” Daehyun pouted. “It’s okay. Good thing you met me here.”

                “I guess so. I should go home then,” Daehyun turned around after saying goodbye. “Daehyun, wait!” Yongguk went in front of him. “Are you free right now?” Daehyun nodded. “I am wondering if you can accompany me to somewhere.”

                “Where?” Daehyun asked. “Umm… I’m planning to buy a birthday present for my sister. And I think you can help since you have a sister too.”

                “Your sister’s birthday is coming soon?”

                “Yeah. Sort of,” Yongguk replied but his mind was like ‘six months later are pretty soon too for me’.

                “Well. If you want me to, okay!” Daehyun beamed. He could spend more time alone with Yongguk after a while.

                “Let’s go,” Yongguk walked with Daehyun out of the school. He fished out his phone to text somebody.

 

To : Jongup

Daehyun forgot to bring his phone so he ask me to tell you that he cant meet you today because he has something else to do. Sorry

 

To : Himchan

I have something else to do. Sorry

( ̄(エ) ̄)

                Meanwhile, Zelo was wandering in front of the stairs that lead to the rooftop. He was really curious about Daehyun’s meeting with Jongup. He was considering whether he should go further up to the rooftop but he was afraid of getting caught. After some time pondering, he decided to take the risk. Zelo barely put his foot on the first step when he heard a familiar voice of a person coming down.

                “Damnit! I choose the wrong time! So the ‘something else’ he needs to do is more important than meeting me? Heol. Doesn’t he know how much effort I put on making my speech? Should I give him a second chance?”

                It was Jongup. Zelo was quick to turn back and hastily finding a hiding spot. He was jumping like a monkey running from left to right, too panic to select a suitable place to hide.

                “Zelo? What are you doing over there?” The said person freeze himself. He turned around to face the senior. “Huh? I’m…uh...” Zelo regained his composure. “I was going to the club’s room. Yeah.” He pointed to the direction in front of him.

                “Are you sure? Because club’s room is at the other way,” Jongup pointed to the opposite direction. “Oh, yeah. Hehe… My mistake.”

                “Come on, let’s go together. I’m going there too.” Zelo went to walk beside Jongup. “So have you met Daehyun hyung?”

                “How do you know I’m going to meet him?” Jongup asked. “Daehyun tells me everything,” Zelo replied. “Then can you tell me what is the ‘something else’ that he needs to do?”

                “Huh?” Zelo blinked rapidly because he was unclear about what the other just said. “I got a text from Yongguk hyung saying that Daehyun has something else to do so he can’t meet me,” Jongup explained. Zelo paused to think. Maybe there was something behind this since Yongguk’s name was mentioned too. “Oh, that! I just remembered…his hamster is giving birth today.”

                “WHAT?! YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!” Jongup stopped walking to shout in the hallway, making everyone around judging them hard. Zelo blinked rapidly again because of the sudden outburst. “How on earth is his hamster more important than me? And how does he know that his hamster is giving birth today? And why does he have to go home to see a hamster giving birth?” Jongup kept ranting to Zelo until the latter cut him off. “And why do you need to see him? At the rooftop? After school?” Jongup immediately shut up at Zelo’s questions. He was tongue-tied to answer him.

                “Do you like Daehyun?” Zelo asked again after a moment. “What? No… How can you think like that? I don’t like Daehyun,” Jongup was not admitting the truth. Zelo scoffed. “Can’t you be more obvious? You’re definitely having some feelings to him,” Jongup widened his eyes. “Am I really that obvious? Damn, I’m so uncool.”

                “You should give up,” Zelo crossed his arms. “Huh?! Why?!”

                “Because my friend Daehyun, has someone else in his heart,” Jongup was shocked by Zelo’s statement. “Really?!” He let out a heavy breath. “Thank god I didn’t confess to him. That was so close.” Zelo furrowed his brows when Jongup said that. “What do you mean? I thought you like him?”

                “I do but if I confessed, it’ll be my first time being rejected. Nobody ever rejects me before, you know,” Zelo sneered in disbelieved. So Jongup was a playboy after all. He should have known it earlier. “Hey, since Daehyun has somebody else, his cute friend would be okay too,” Jongup wiggled his eyebrows while Zelo just rolled his eyes and walked away. “Dream on, !”

( ̄(エ) ̄)

                Yongguk and Daehyun were strolling along the pavement, still deciding which shop they were going to. “What birthday gift do you usually give to your sister?” Daehyun looked at Yongguk. “Birthday cards. Handmade. Until she said ‘I hate you!’ to me during her last birthday.”

                “I see… You’ve made a right decision then,” Daehyun said. “So what kind of gifts the girls like?” Yongguk asked. “As for my sister, she likes shirts, skirts, pants, shoes…” Yongguk was listening carefully while Daehyun was listing all the possible presents for her sister. “…bracelets, necklaces, earrings, plushies, flowers, makeups, nail colors…”

                “That’s it!” Yongguk blurted, startling Daehyun. “I was waiting for you to say a thing with the lowest cost. How can’t I think about it earlier? My sister loves to color his nails. Come on, let’s go get them,” Daehyun did not even have the chance to retort when Yongguk grasped his hand and pulled him into a shop.

                “Let’s see… What color should I buy?” Yongguk was examining the shelf full of nail colors. He turned to Daehyun who remained silent for a while. The boy was looking down with his pink tinted cheeks. His eyes trailed to the direction of Daehyun’s eyes. Only then Yongguk realized he was still holding the other’s hand. “Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” He immediately let it go, surprising Daehyun by his sudden action.

                Daehyun kept thinking about what to say in response but a loud screech cut him off. “Oppa! Yongguk oppa! Oppa!” Out of nowhere, a girl of their age clung to Yongguk’s arm. Daehyun’s eyes instantly widened to see her being so close to his crush.

                “Jihye? What are you doing here??” Yongguk asked in dismay. Out of all people, why her? Why here? He squirmed to free himself from the girl’s grip. Jihye clung tighter to him. “Long time no see, oppa! I miss you!” She squealed.

                Daehyun just watch in disgust. He kept his mouth shut but his mind was full of curse words. “Oh, who’s this cute guy over here? Your friend, oppa?” Jihye shifted his attention to Daehyun. Daehyun looked at Yongguk. Yongguk looked at him. Daehyun thought Yongguk’s face was like ‘Oh, I forgot you’re here too’. At least in his eyes. His expression falls immediately and Yongguk noticed it. If he could, he would throw a punch in the face of the person interrupting his time with Daehyun. Lucky Jihye, she was a girl.

                “Umm… Daehyun, could you give me a minute please? I need to talk this bit- I mean, girl out,” Yongguk asked softly and Daehyun just obliged. “Okay, I’ll wait outside.” As soon as Daehyun stepped out of the shop, Yongguk snapped at Jihye. “What the are you doing?”

                “I miss you, Yongguk oppa!” Yongguk snatched away his arm. “You’re rejected, remember?”

                “But I still like you... And you don’t even tell me why. Am I not pretty enough?” The girl pouted. Yongguk sighed. “It’s not that you’re not pretty…”

                “Then why?” Jihye asked. “…I like someone else,” Yongguk finally confide.

                “Really?! Who’s that lucky girl??”

                “Actually, it’s not a girl.” Yongguk said in a low voice.

                “Really?!?! Who is it??”

                “I don’t have to tell you everything. Now, stop bothering me. I’m leaving,” Yongguk went out of the shop.

                “Huh, I know it must be the cute boy just now. But he’s really pretty though… How can a boy be prettier than me?!?” Jihye facepalmed.

( ̄(エ) ̄)

                Daehyun was patiently waiting for Yongguk. He was sitting on a pavement bench, looking down while playing with his fingers. His head kept wondering if the girl was his competitor in conquering Yongguk’s heart. If she is, then he really had no hope in winning. The girl was pretty, cute and had a good body too. Yongguk would absolutely choose her over him. He let out a heavy breath before his lips turned into a pout.

                Out of nowhere, a big lollipop was shoved in front of his face. Daehyun backed away and looked up curiously to the person holding it. “For you,” Yongguk said with his cheeks growing pink.

                “Sorry to keep you waiting. This is for accompanying me today,” He added with a genuine smile and sat beside Daehyun. It was Daehyun’s turn to flush. He had a thought that maybe Yongguk would forget about him here and went with the girl. But it was wrong and he was happy Yongguk came to him. Daehyun slowly reached his hand to grab the lollipop. “Thank you.”

                “Where’s the girl?” Daehyun asked. Yongguk turned to him and saw an extra adorable Daehyun already the lollipop he just gave. Wow,  he’s really fast when it comes to food. “I got rid of her. I don’t really like her after all.”

                “Who is she anyway?” Daehyun asked again. “Nobody. Let’s stop talking about her.”

                Daehyun nodded. He continued to wrap his lips on top of the big lollipop, making Yongguk swallowed hard. His mind was playing dirty thoughts and he averted his eyes. Yongguk was again imagining if Jongup would really take Daehyun from him. He was lucky to meet Daehyun halfway before the boy could go there. It was so close. Only now that he realized how much he liked Daehyun. And he did not want the same thing to happen again. Maybe it was time to confess? He took a deep breath before turning to the boy beside him.

               “Umm… Daehyun?” Daehyun just hummed in response since his mouth was still the lollipop. “I… I have something to tell you,” Yongguk started. “What is it?” Daehyun looked at him straight in the eyes making Yongguk’s heart fluttered.

                “I… I… I…” Just say it! Yongguk thought. “I lik- ”

                “Daehyun-ah!” Both of them turned to the voice source. Another girl skipped to them.

                “Who the is that?!” Yongguk roared, feeling irritated. Who wouldn’t? He was just about to confess! And hell, it was not easy!

                “She’s my sister,” Daehyun told Yongguk. His angry expression changed in an instant like he had been slapped in the face. “Oh.”

                “Daehyun-ah. I don’t expect to see you here. With a handsome guy,” Hyuna nudge Daehyun’s arm. “Noona!”

                “Annyeong haseyo. I’m Daehyun’s senior, Bang Yongguk. Nice to meet you,” Yongguk stood up and bowed at her.

                “Nice meeting you too. Oh wait. Was he the cause of your death the other day?” Hyuna’s wild guess made Daehyun jumped off the bench and shove the lollipop into , making her sister stumbled a step back. Daehyun blushed and looked and Yongguk who had a confused face. He scratched his head, did not know how to handle the situation. “I… We… We better go now. I mean I should go home. With her. Yes. See you tomorrow, hyung!” And Daehyun scrambled away dragging his sister along while Yongguk was like “What the heck just happened?”

( ̄(エ) ̄)

                “Seriously, noona! Can’t you control your mouth?” Daehyun burst when they were far enough from Yongguk but Hyuna did not seem to be affected a bit and just the lollipop.

                “You like him, don’t you? I knew it!” She exclaimed. His ears began to redden. “If you knew it, you should have left us alone,” Daehyun sulked. “Awww… my baby brother is sulking now?”

                “Shut up. Let’s just go home,” Daehyun huffed. “Are sure cause I was just thinking on getting you some cheesecake,” Hyuna tilted her head to him. “…Really?” Daehyun looked up to her. “Yeap. My treat.”

                “To the cheesecake shop!” Daehyun started to run while pulling her hand.

\( ̄(エ) ̄)/


Wow it feels so long since I updated. I don’t know if this chapter is good enough but it’s super long don’t you think? No? Well, it’s longer than other chapters. And Jihye came out of nowhere. That’s what we call a cameo, huh? Also, ers ~ (≧∇≦)

Actually, I want to write another BANGDAE fic involving CAT but since there’s another fic with the same concept ongoing, I think I should wait for a while right? I can’t help but to write a fic like that because Daehyun is literally a part time cat (.=^・ェ・^=)

And I decided to write this instead while waiting. Haha… Check it out!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!