Walk Home

How To Confess Your Love

               

     

                Yongguk could feel his blood was boiling. Why on earth must he deal with two blockheads during his anticipated lunch with Daehyun. He was currently sitting furthest from the boy, who had one blockhead which was Youngjae beside him and Zelo in front of him. Another blockhead was sitting between Zelo and Yongguk. It was none other than Jongup. They were chatting happily with Daehyun, the center of attraction. Yongguk leaned forward to whisper at Himchan. “Who the hell invited them?” Himchan just shrugged at his question.

                “So how long have you known each other?” Youngjae asked.

                “Who? Me and Junhong?” Daehyun asked back.

                “Oh? You called Zelo as Junhong?” Jongup raised his eyebrows for questioning.

                “Really? Why didn’t I realize it before,” Himchan joined them while Yongguk just look at them in black mood.

                “Let me tell you a story,” Zelo spoke up. Everyone’s attentions were on him now. “Daehyun and I have known each other since only God knows when. Even before I told everyone to call me Zelo. It’s a nickname I thought of in middle school,” He took a sip of his drink and continued, “Daehyun simply agreed to call me by that. But… he kept forgetting about it. Even if he remembered, he would say it wrong. So I just told him to stick to my real name.”

                “How did Daehyun say it wrong?” Youngjae looked at Zelo. “Ask him yourself.”

                All eyes now darted to Daehyun. “There’s nothing wrong with it. I said as I was told. Jello,” He said confidently.

                Suddenly all of them burst into a fit of laughter, including Yongguk. Daehyun blushed, embarrassed by their reaction.

                “Daehyun, you’re still the same,” The said boy pouted at Zelo’s statement.

                “Daehyunnie, it’s not Jello. But Zelo. Ze-lo,” Youngjae said to Daehyun. “But it’s spelled Jello in Korean,” He argued.

                “Yeah it is. But the correct way to say it is Zelo,” Youngjae insisted.

                “Jello.”

                “No. Zzzze. Lo.”

                “Sssshelo.” Daehyun copied the way Youngjae’s mouth moved.

                “No. No. Zzzzzze, lo.”

                “Cello?”

                “No Daehyun, no. It’s Zelo.”

                “Jello.”

                “Oh my god Daehyun you’re so cute I just wanna pat your head, and hug you, and kiss you, and keep you in my pocket, and feed you popcorns!” Jongup exclaimed out of nowhere.

                Silence.

                “What?” Jongup asked, confused. His broad smile slowly faded seeing each of them was judging him with straight face.

                “Nothing,” Youngjae said and everyone continued to eat.

                There’s no way I would let you do all that to my Daehyun! Yongguk looked at Jongup menacingly before turning to Daehyun. His heart started to beat faster once he saw the boy was also looking at him. He felt his cheeks became hotter. Daehyun was flustered but managed to give him a smile before moving his eyes down. Yongguk’s lips curved upwards automatically. Seemed that Daehyun had fixed up his bad mood.

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

               “If you’re sure you really like him, why don’t you confess already?” Himchan asked Yongguk as they walked out of their class. The school had just ended.

                “You can say that to yourself, you know,” Yongguk replied.

                “My case is different. Youngjae obviously doesn’t like me back. He barely talked to me during the lunch. All he did was chattering with Daehyun like an idiot,” Himchan voice was laced with jealousy.

                “And how do I know if Daehyun likes me back? He is a cute popular boy with many secret admirers. It must be hard to tackle his heart,” Yongguk was insecured.

                Himchan stopped his steps at the building’s entrance to nag at the other. “Are you blind or something’s wrong with your eyes? Can’t you see Daehyun was staring at you the whole time? Would you be okay if somebody else confessed to him first? Because from what I see, Jongup is also interested in Daehyun.” Yongguk clicked his tounge at the mention of Jongup’s name. “You might regret it later when- ”

                “Hold on,” Yongguk said to Himchan but his eyes were squinting to look at a distant place. “Is that Daehyun?” The student was walking alone towards the school gates while gripping his bag straps.

                Yongguk became excited when he was sure the student he saw was Daehyun. “You can go back by yourself right?” He asked Himchan but without waiting for an answer, he fled to catch the boy. He’ll make sure he would do this the correct way. He wouldn’t make fool of himself again like last time. Damn he just felt like jumping through the window thinking about that.

                “Hey, Daehyun!” Yongguk said when he reached there. Daehyun stopped walking, surprised to see him. “Hey, Yongguk hyung.”

                “Going home?” Yongguk put his hands in the pockets, trying to look cool.

                “Yeah.”

                “Alone? You usually walk home by yourself?” Yongguk asked more.

                “No. I always go home with Junhong but he said that he has extra class. So he told me to go first,” Daehyun explained.

                “Owh… I see…” Yongguk nodded. “Where do you live?”

                Daehyun told Yongguk about the place that was only 15 minutes from the school. “Really? I’m also gonna take the same route. Wanna go together?

                Daehyun thought for a second. He must be stupid if he reject an offer from his crush. “Sure!” He said with a beautiful smile that melted Yongguk’s heart. They stepped out of the school to the pavements, walking side by side.

                “You live with your parents?” Yongguk tried to initiate a conversation.

                “Yeap. And my sister.”

                “You have a sister? I bet she’s also pretty like you,” Cheesy mode activated. Daehyun flushed and smiled shyly. He did not know what to say in response. Seeing Daehyun in that state, Yongguk knew his line worked. He grinned in triumph.

                As he was embarrassed, Daehyun kept his eyes to the ground. He did not realize a bicycle moving fast from his front, almost colliding with him. Fortunately, he was saved by strong arms that pulled him aside. He yelped when his face smashed with Yongguk’s steady chest.

                “Yah! Watch where you’re going you fool!” Yongguk shouted to the cycler who did not give a damn about it. He pulled away from Daehyun but his hands were still holding the boy’s arms. “You okay?” Yongguk was concerned about him.

                “Y-Yeah. Thanks.” Daehyun retorted.

                “You should be more careful. Keep your head up when walking,” Yongguk released Daehyun from his grip. Daehyun huffed. “How can I do that when you’re walking beside me?” He unconsciously uttered his thought but luckily not loud enough for Yongguk to catch it. “What did you say?”

                “Huh? I said… I will be careful next time. Heheh,” Daehyun made up something and Yongguk bought it.

                They resumed their journey but the gap between their bodies had become smaller. Yongguk decided to walk closer with Daehyun, afraid if the same incident happened twice. Their hands brushed with each other occasionally. Both of them were quiet for some time until Yongguk spoke again. “What kind of music do you like?”

                “Ummm… I like ballad and R&B the most. But I like hip hop and electronic too. Junhong is really into that kind of music. Maybe he has influenced me a bit,” Daehyun let out a small laugh.

                “He should. Hip hop is my jam you know,” Daehyun laughed louder, making Yongguk laughed along. He loved the way Daehyun’s eyes would turn into slits, he loved the wrinkles on his cheeks, he loved the straight pearly white teeth, and he loved it when the plump lips curved into a breathtaking smile that was contagious to everyone who saw it.

                Yongguk quickly looked away because he felt that he had stared at Daehyun long enough. Daehyun on the other side could hardly contain his joy. His heart was blossoming. He was glad that Yongguk and he could talk freely with each other and not so awkward like before.

                “Wait a minute,” Yongguk suddenly grabbed his arm, halting his steps. He looked at Yongguk questioningly. “Your shoe is untied.”

                Yongguk kneeled in front of him before tying up the shoelace of his right foot. Daehyun was astonished by his action and backed up in reflex. “Y-You don’t have to do it. I can tie it myself.”

                “Just stay still,” Yongguk said while scooting a little bit forward. Daehyun’s face was all red now. Yongguk was a very nice person. The way the older treated him made he feel special and Daehyun could only wish he had the courage to confess to him one day, while he still have the chance.

                “There you go,” Yongguk finished his task and continued to walk ahead. But Daehyun was not there beside him. “Daehyun?” He turned around.The boy looked at him with raised eyebrows. “What are you waiting for? Come on.”

               “Oh yeah,” Daehyun scratched the back of his head before running to him.

               They talked and laughed during the rest of their journey home. Daehyun’s heart became heavy when they were nearing his house. He really wished he could spend more time with Yongguk.

                “We’re here,” Daehyun stopped in front of his house.

                “Oh, already?” Yongguk was a little disappointed when they had arrived to their destination. Fifteen minutes felt like a little bit too short for him.

                Both of them were speechless for a moment. It seemed that none of them wanted to part yet.

                “So… I’ll see you tomorrow?” Yongguk spoke first as always.

               “Alright. See you tomorrow. Thanks for walking me home,” Daehyun smiled.

               “Don’t mention it.”

               “Bye,” He waved at Yongguk before walking to the door.

               “Bye,” Yongguk saw Daehyun waved at him one more time before disappearing behind the closed door. He then strolled to his home, feeling like he was walking on air.

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

                In the house, Daehyun’s sister, Hyuna was watching television when she heard the door opened and closed. She knew it was time her brother came back from school but she did not hear any sound from the blabbermouth. Usually he would go like “Annyeong everybody!”, “I’m home!”, “I’m hungry, feed me!” or something like that. So Hyuna went to check on this strange situation.

                As she reached the door, Hyuna saw his brother lying face downward, still in his school uniforms and bag on his back. “Mom! There’s a dead body at our door!”

 

\( ̄(エ) ̄)/

 


Omg you guys, something daebak happened today! My bicycle tyre exploded on my way back from class. It burst with a loud BOOM and I was like

And then I stopped cycling and was like “What the hell just happened??”

Then I looked at my friend and we started to laugh hard

But finally I was like

Luckily there were not many people witnessing the incident but I was embarrassed as hell when I saw them snickering. And my friend laughing like a maniac did not help at all. We didn't stop laughing till I reached my room. And then I remembered my plan to update this story today.

I think this chapter is more like a filler. Btw, I love reading your comments as much as you love reading my story. Me reading your comments >>>

Sorry if I talk too much (^._.^)ノ