Practice

How To Confess Your Love

“Hello everybody.  Welcome to our club’s first meeting.” Yongguk greeted the members sitting on the floor. “First of all, I want to welcome the new members to the club. Congratulations! You guys have made it,” He began clapping his hands, followed by the others along with some cheers.

“Right now, I’m going to give a briefing about our first performance. It’ll be on the school’s festival, which is a month away. The coordinators and I have divided the members into five groups. Each of the group consists of 5 to 6 persons. You will cover a song that’s already assigned to you according to your abilities. You can check out your groups and practice schedules at the back,” Yongguk gestured to the notice board beside the door.

As soon as Yongguk finished his briefing, all the members on the floor scrambled up to check on their groups. But Daehyun being a slow turtle he was, late to go there. So his view was blocked by other students in front of him. He tried to take a look by extending his neck and standing on his tip toes but it was useless. All he could do was relied on Zelo who was standing beside him casually, checking on the notice board. Thanks to his tall height that made Daehyun jealous all the time.

“Oh! We’re on the same group!” Zelo told Daehyun. He raised his palm to the other.

“Seriously?!” Daehyun high-fived Zelo. “Who else?”

“Hold on,” Zelo turned to the name list again. “Moon Jongup! Hehe…”

“Why are you grinning like that?”

“Oh? Nothing…” Zelo was not ready to tell Daehyun about his crush on the dance coordinator. “Yoo Youngjae, Kim Himchan and OHHH?!?!” Zelo looked at Daehyun wide-eyed, his hands grabbed both of Daehyun’s.

“What? Why? Why?” Daehyun was baffled.

“It’s Bang Yongguk!” Zelo shouted in a low voice.

“WHAT?!” Daehyun’s screech echoed throughout the whole room, making everyone turned to him. Zelo was fast to bow and apologize, followed by Daehyun.

“You’re joking, right? You’re making fun of me because I like him!” Daehyun whispered back. He was happy but anxious at the same time because of the fact that he was in the same group as his crush.

Out of the sudden, Himchan came to get them. “So, I guess you already know what group you’re in. Come on, Yongguk is waiting in the music room.” He started to walk away until Daehyun called him.

“But hyung, why are we in the same group with all the coordinators?” Daehyun asked.

“Because… you’re talented?” He hesitated. “Why are you asking about it anyway. You should be glad about it.”

“Isn’t it a little bit unfair for others?”

“Nah… they’re also very talented. You don’t have to worry about it. Let’s go now.” Daehyun could not say anything more. He and Zelo just tailed behind Himchan.

When they got in the room, Yongguk, Youngjae, and Jongup were busy adjusting the PA systems and testing the microphones. Noticing all the members were there, Yongguk called all of them to gather.

“As you all know, we’ll cover the song One Shot,” They nodded except for Daehyun who forgot to ask Zelo about it earlier. “We’ll practice three times a week, including vocal and dance lessons.”

Daehyun gasped. “Dance? But I can’t dance!” He was horrified.

“That’s so true,” Zelo added.

“It’s okay. I can teach you,” Jongup said.

“But…” Daehyun was still confused about this. Youngjae decided to comfort him. “Relax Daehyunnie. I was also like you before. But you can do it little by little if you learn.” Seeing Youngjae’s assuring face had convinced him somehow. “O-Okay...”

After the singing parts were divided to each of the members, they proceeded to their first practice. When the song started to play, Yongguk’s voice was the first to be heard. He began to rap the lyrics with his deep manly voice that made it sounded more unique and charismatic. Daehyun could not help but admired his crush.

“He’s so good and amazing,” Daehyun murmured to no one but somebody heard it. “You better focus. Your part is coming,” Zelo whispered back.

Daehyun abruptly turned his head to Zelo beside him and said “Thank you for reminding me” sarcastically with narrowed eyes because his sentimental moment with Yongguk was disturbed.

If singing was a piece of cake for Daehyun, then dancing was a hard nut to crack. Yongguk, Himchan and Youngjae could cope with the difficult choreography because they had done this in the previous years and Zelo was literally a dancer. He had no problem with the dance.

Jongup as the dance coordinator paid more attention to Daehyun since he was struggling with the choregraphy. And so did Yongguk. But it was just because he liked watching Daehyun or maybe because a little bit of jealousy seeing Jongup standing too close with Daehyun. He was touching Daehyun here and there to correct his posture and it annoyed Yongguk to the end. When Daehyun still could not grab the right steps, Jongup went to his back and hold his hands to show him the proper moves. If someone did not know it was a practice, they must thought that they were lovebirds doing whatever other couples do. Yongguk scoffed at the scene. He was burning inside. Are they dancing waltz or what? Does he really need to do that? Heol.

All of them gathered to practice dancing to the song. Yongguk’s body was moving like it was choreographed but his eyes were glued to Daehyun. The boy was a mess. He barely could keep up with the others but he still tried his best. Unfortunately, he missed a step making his feet intersected. Daehyun lost his balance and fell on his .

“OUCH!” The yelp made everybody stopped their moves. Yongguk quickly ran and kneeled beside Daehyun. He better be or Jongup would beat him again. Even though Yongguk never tore his eyes from Daehyun, he was standing quite far to save him from the fall.

“You okay? Did you hurt somewhere?” Yongguk asked concernly. He checked Daehyun’s feet, afraid if they were sprained.

“Yeah. I’m okay,” Daehyun stood up with Yongguk’s help. The president grasped his wrist to lift him from the floor. Unknowingly, his hand travelled to Daehyun’s and rubbed it to ease the pain. Daehyun was surprised by the action and flinched away.

“I-It’s okay. I-I’m o-okay now,” He stuttered without looking at Yongguk. The latter that was a bit late to realize was frozen there, speechless.

“Yah! Watch where you’re touching, you byuntae!” Youngjae exclaimed. “I don’t know you have the guts to do that,” Jongup added. Zelo chuckled at the chaos. Himchan knew Yongguk accidently did that so he went to Daehyun to cover it up. “You know Yongguk didn’t mean to do that. He was just trying to help you.”

“Y-Yeah, I know. I’m sorry I messed up the dance. I’ll try harder next time,” Daehyun bowed and apologized to everyone. “It’s okay Daehyun. It’s your first time,” Jongup patted his back. “Let’s do it again.” Everybody took their place except one person. More like a statue now. “You too, Yongguk hyung!”

The rest of the dance practice proceeded. Awkwardly. At least between Daehyun and Yongguk. Daehyun’s dancing was still out of place but Yongguk’s got worse, although it was not as bad as Daehyun. Jongup told Daehyun to improve next time or he would need and extra class for dancing.

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

The next day, Daehyun was early to go to the club’s room. Lucky for him it was not locked. He went in and saw Himchan hyung was cleaning the room. “Annyeong, Himchan hyung!”

“Oh Daehyun-ah. Annyeong. Why do you come so early? Where’s Zelo?” Himchan asked, holding to the mop.

“Junhong has something else to do. Our class ended early and I planned to practice more on my dancing,” Daehyun replied while scratching his head.

“I see… but the floor is not dried yet. It will take a while. Why don’t you just practice singing in the music room?”

“Don’t you need any help?”

“No no no. It’s okay. I’m almost done. You can wait in there,”

“Okay then,” Daehyun went into the music room. However, he did not have the mood to sing. So he just sat by the piano and played with his phone when suddenly something crossed his mind. I’ve always did it to my other crush before. Why don’t I think of this sooner? He unlocked his phone and opened an application called Love Test Calculator. But wait, all of the results before were hopeless. Should I do it or shouldn’t I? Argh whatever. Remember Daehyun, it’s not real. It’s just a stupid test game.

Daehyun started to type the details required, hit the calculate button and wait for the result. It popped out on the screen seconds later.

Oh wow! Really? This was like the first time Daehyun got such a good result among all his crush before. As always the expected reaction was Daehyun squealing over the crap but it turned out to be screaming when a low voice called his name. “Daehyun?”

“ARGHH KKAMJAGIYA!” He accidently dropped his phone. “Oops, sorry, I’m sorry,” Yongguk spoke while crouching down to pick Daehyun’s phone. Daehyun just realized it was Yongguk and now the president was picking his phone, looking straight to the screen. He remembered it was not supposed to be seen by Yongguk so he quickly snatched it from Yongguk’s grip before Yongguk could properly give it to him. “Thank you.”

Yongguk was not certain but he thought that he saw his name on the screen just now with a big love in the middle. He wanted to ask but that was not his intention to see Daehyun. He met Himchan before who told him Daehyun was here and he thought maybe apologizing about the previous incident would cut out their awkwardness. He moved to sit beside Daehyun in front of the piano.

“Uhmm, Daehyun,” the boy looked up at him but Yongguk kept his view to the piano. “About our last practice, I’m sorry for what I’ve done. I didn’t mean to do it. I just wanted to help you, you know.” Yongguk played with the hem of his shirt.

The memory of the last practice flashed across Daehyun’s mind, making him flushed. And the sight of Yongguk fidgeting caused him to let out a small laugh. The other curiously turned at him. “It’s okay hyung. I know it was an accident.”

Yongguk was relieved. He was so afraid if Daehyun would be mad at him but the boy was smiling while looking at him. As if it was contagious, Yongguk lips also curved upwards. “So, what are you doing here?”

“Waiting for everybody else,” Daehyun replied, playfully tapping the keyboard. “You know how to play?” Yongguk asked. Daehyun shook his head. “It’s easy,” Yongguk fingers started to dance on the keys of the piano. The music sounded so soft and smooth. Daehyun watched in awe. Seemed like Yongguk had more talents he did not know. When Yongguk was reaching the keys across Daehyun, he slightly backed away. Noticing that, Yongguk stopped playing and said sorry. He moved closer to Daehyun, making their body pressed together. He put his arm behind Daehyun before his hand reached the keyboard.  Thanks to Daehyun’s small frame, he could easily press the keys. Daehyun immediately tensed at the contact. His heart was beating faster. His face was red.

                “How was it? It’s not that hard,” Yongguk finished playing. He turned to Daehyun. Their distance was dangerously close to each other. It did not help when Daehyun also turned to look at him.  Their faces were just inches apart. Daehyun wanted to say something in response but it was stuck at his throat. He was not sure if he was breathing or not either. They stared into each other’s eyes for a moment. Yongguk’s mind could not work properly by now. The way Daehyun’s liquid eyes looked at him, they clearly showed both excitement and anxiety. And his lips, his pink plump lips were like a magnet that attracted him to lean closer. Their distance was reduced and Daehyun eyes almost popped out as his heart was thumping loudly inside his chest. His breath hitched waiting for his first kiss with Yongguk to happen.

                “Daehyun!” The door burst open revealing his best friend forever, Zelo. Yongguk snapped his head to the direction whereas Daehyun was stoned to process what was just happened to him. “Oh? Umm… Ok... I got a feeling that I chose a wrong time to be here. Just continue whatever you guys are doing,” Zelo was about to close the door when Yongguk spoke up. “No, wait. We’re doing nothing. Let’s start the practice now,” He stood up and left the room leisurely. Zelo dashed to Daehyun. “What on earth are you two doing just now?!”

                “Aish! Why must you come now? We almost kissed, you idiot!” Daehyun banged his head on the piano keyboard. “Does that mean Yongguk likes you?”

                “Maybe I can know the answer if someone did not interrupt us,” Daehyun mumbled grumpily.

                “Oops, my bad. Hehehe…”

 

\( ̄(エ) ̄)/


It’s the longest time I took to update. Thanks for being patient. I hope that it won’t take too long for the next update ^^

Your comments are so welcome ~♥

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ╯(°□° ╯)