Text Messages

How To Confess Your Love

                The day after their first meeting was Saturday. So Daehyun could not see his crush at school. He spent all day long sleeping, eating, watching TV, eating, doing his homework, eating, and looking through his Twitter. He remembered to check on Yongguk’s if he had updated his status, but unfortunately he did not.

                However, it was a different story on Sunday night. Daehyun was lying upside down on his bed with his laptop in front of him. He was online on his Facebook, chatting with Zelo when his phone suddenly vibrated indicating a new message was received. He unlocked his phone to read the message, only to be left in a total shock. Both of his eyes and mouth were now wide-opened.

               “This is not actually happening to me!!!” He covered his face with a pillow to muffle his scream so that his parents wouldn’t be the next people to get shocked. Daehyun started to roll over on his queen sized bed until he recalled about the text message. He sat up hastily with the pillow on his lap and read it once more to confirm that he was not dreaming.

 

 

From : Unknown

Hi Daehyun. It’s Yongguk. I just wanted to ask you if you’re free on Wednesday. We’re planning to hold the audition on that day

 

 

                “! It’s real!” Daehyun dropped his face on the pillow again to scream his lungs out. A couple of minutes later, he calmed down, at last. But he started to be anxious thinking how to reply Yongguk. He really needed someone’s help right now. Someone experienced. Because he is just an innocent enthusiastic 16-year-old teenage boy who has zero know-how in relationship. True, he had lots of crush before but that was it. Crush only stayed as crush. He was too afraid to approach them let alone to confess his feelings. Although there were many other students had asked him out, he cannot accept them because his heart is pretty loyal. His crush was also never acknowledged his existence since they were all the handsome Mr. Popular at school. Yes, that was Daehyun’s taste. That was why he freaked out when Yongguk greeted him the other day.

                The only person he can trust to help him now is no other than his genius best friend. He abruptly turned to his laptop and video called Zelo. The other answered with uninterested tone, “What?”

                “Junhong! Help me! Bang Yongguk just texted me! And I don’t know how to relply back. Do I need to make it short? Do I need to text back right away? Do I need to put smiley faces at the end? Oh my god. I don’t eve-” Daehyun desperately blabbering to Zelo until a shout cut him out.

                “Yah Jung Daehyun! Relax you idiot! Now tell me what did he write?” Zelo asked. Daehyun read the message to Zelo.

                “That’s it?! I thought he sent you pickup lines or something. Geez…”

                “But Junhong, this is Bang Yongguk we’re talking about. The man I like.” Daehyun said like it was the greatest incident throughout his life.

                “Okay, okay… Just act normal and be yourself. Pretend you’re texting to me.” Zelo gave his advice. Daehyun was in a deep thought until he asked, “What about – Really? What time? – sounds good?”

               “Yeah. It’s alright.” Zelo said. Daehyun quickly typed the words before sending it to Yongguk. Both of them waited patiently for the reply. It was not so long until Daehyun’s phone vibrated again. He opened and read it out loud for Zelo.

 

 

From : Bang Yongguk

You can come during recess but if you’re not free that time, you can come after school

 

 

                “I’ll just say I’ll come after school,” Daehyun said, his hands were busy with his phone.

                “Of course you will. You never skipped lunch in your whole life,” Zelo said sarcastically but Daehyun just ignored him. Another message was received a moment later.

 

 

From : Yongguk

Alright. Just come to the club’s practice room

 

 

                “So do I need to reply this or not?” Daehyun asked. Zelo shrugged and said, “I don’t know. Up to you.” Daehyun clicked his tounge, annoyed at Zelo’s respond. “Why did I call you in the first place… You’re not helping at all,” He shook his head after the last sentence. “Well, it’s not my problem,” Zelo dully retorted. Daehyun was about to talk back when his phone suddenly vibrated again. This time he read it quietly, not expecting Yongguk to text him again.

 

 

From : Yongguk

Btw I was wondering, maybe we can have lunch together tomorrow. With Himchan and Zelo too. What do you say?

 

 

                “Choi Junhong! You would not believe this!” Zelo flinched, hearing the shriek. “Yongguk asked us to have lunch with him! Gosh! I can’t-”

                “Daehyun!” Zelo stopped him before he can even start. “Inhale,” Daehyun did as what he said. “Exhale,” Daehyun let out the breath he was holding. Zelo had successed to tame him. “Good. Now, are you sure you can handle it?”

Daehyun looked upwards, thinking about Zelo’s question with pursed lips. After a while, he looked back to Zelo and answered, “I think I can.”

                “Then, just tell him okay,” Zelo said before yawning. Daehyun obeyed without saying much, still surprised by the sudden offer from his crush.

 

 

To : Yongguk

Sure. See you tomorrow :)

       

 

                “Done? I really need to sleep now,” Daehyun averted his eyes from the phone to look at Zelo. His friend was rubbing his eyes sleepily, making him chuckled at the cute scene.

                “Yeah. Thanks. Goodnight.”

                “Goodnight. Bye…” Daehyun turned off his laptop after he finished the conversation with Zelo. He got off from the bed to place his laptop on the table before going to the bathroom. When he was about to go to sleep, he checked his phone again. There’s one unread message.

 

 

From : Yongguk

Okay. See you tomorrow. Goodnight Dae =)

 

 

               And there he goes again.

 

( ̄(エ) ̄)

 

                Zelo beckoned his hands to Yongguk and Himchan, who were looking for him and Daehyun in the crowd. They spotted him and walked over to his table, bringing along their trays of meals. He was waiting for them with Daehyun. Their lunches were already on the table. Zelo sat beside Daehyun this time, so Yongguk went to sit in front of Daehyun with Himchan on his left.

                “Hi, Daehyun,” Yongguk said happily. “H-Hi… Bang Yongguk sunbaenim,” Daehyun said after swallowing the food in his mouth, trying hard not to look nervous.

                “Ah, you don’t need to call us like that,” Yongguk waved his hand. “Just call us hyung,” His charming smile never faded since he saw Daehyun.

                Damn he’s handsome. Daehyun thought before answering, “Yes, Yongguk…hyung,” He blushed after saying that, making Yongguk’s heart fluttered.

                Both of them broke their eye contact when someone cleared his throat and turned their heads to the said person. It was none other than the disapproving Zelo.

                “Oh, hi Zelo,” Yongguk greeted him before starting to eat. Himchan rolled his eyes. “Only now you would notice him?” He asked.

                “Yeah, I thought I was invisible,” Zelo scoffed. “I’ll tell you why,” Himchan leaned closer to Zelo. “Yongguk is lovesi- ” The said person’s hand covered his mouth before he could finish his sentence and brought him back with a strong force. The juniors gave them a confused look.

                “Just ignore him,” Yongguk snickered awkwardly. He then glared Himchan but the other was unaffected and swatted the hand covering his mouth.

                Yongguk straightened himself up. “So, you guys prepared for the audition?” He asked. Daehyun was the first one to answer. “I’ll sing but I haven’t decided what song to cover.”

                “Really? I already like your voice. It’s nice. I’m looking forward to hear you sing. It must be awesome,” Daehyun’s face reddened because of all the compliments given by Yongguk.

                “What about you?” Himchan asked Zelo. “Rapping is my stuff besides dancing,” Zelo retorted.

                “Oh! It’s pretty much my stuff too,” Yongguk chimed in before doing a gangster handshake with Zelo.

                “You gonna rap instead of dancing then?” Himchan asked again while digging his food.

                “Can’t I do both?”

                “Sure you can.”

                “Did you ever perform before?” It was Yongguk’s turn to ask.

                “Yeah, we did. Back in our middle school.” Zelo answered.

                “Cool. We could just take both of you into the club directly. But the audition is a must before joining the club.” Himchan said.

                “We’re okay with it. It’s not a big deal since we had gone through a few back then,” Daehyun uttered with a full mouth. Yongguk can’t help but to laugh at him. “What?” He asked, worried if he had embarrassed himself in front of the other.

                “You’re so cute,” Yongguk replied straightforwardly. Daehyun’s face turned bright red immediately whereas the other two just narrowed their eyes at them.

                They finished eating when the break time was almost over. Yongguk and Himchan were the first ones to get up, followed by Daehyun and Zelo.

                “We can’t join you for lunch tomorrow. Need to prepare for the audition.” Yongguk said.

                “Oh, alright then,” Daehyun pretended not to be frustrated.

                Yongguk and Himchan said their goodbyes at the juniors. But like their first meeting, Yongguk kept his eyes longer on Daehyun before turning around and walked to their classroom direction.

                Daehyun’s eyes were glued to Yongguk even though all he could see now was just his backside until Zelo nudged his arm. “Yah! I know you were extremely happy right now but we’ll gonna be late if we don’t move now.”

                “Just a sec,” Daehyun retorted.

                “Whatever,” Zelo grabbed his wrist and dragged him to their class, making him stumbled a little.

 

\( ̄(エ) ̄)/

 

 

 

 

Second chapter is up! I know there’s nothing special with it but the story is progressing (^(エ)^)

 

Daehyun can't contain his joy when Yongguk asked him out (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)