Episode 6.

You're Me

A/N Let's pretend Yoona and Changmin don't live in Korea but in a none-existent country called Aerok, okay? just for the sake of the plot.



The more years that passed, the more violent my fights with Hani became. During one of the more memorable fist fights, I broke his leg.

 

"I will get my revenge, Changmin," he  promised the following day at school, his eyes glittering with what can only be pure hate, "I will strip you of everything, I swear."

 

I laughed at his empty threat back then but not too long later, I realized that everything Hani promised happened.


The following week, our high school was burned by the police because our town's rebels held secret meetings there. Since the mayor didn't have enough money to rebuild it due to the fact that the war has officially begun  in the north side, My fellow classmates and I didn't have a school to attend to anymore.

 

The rebels wanted to throw off our government and wanted "democracy" like our neighboring countries. However, the government made it clear that whoever disobeys them will be punished.

 

Which side my family was at? None. My dad hated how the government used heavy weapons to kill the rebels (who are our people too) and me? I didn't know why the rebellion began anyways. Maybe our country wasn't democrat but we were free. We had food, clothes, houses and everything a man could need, you know?  We do have some people that are homeless but it wasnt just us. Even them democratic countries have homeless citizens.

 

The crime rate was relatively low so at least we were safe. The rebels were, in my opinion, ungrateful. They had everything that others would dream of but they greedily wanted more.

 

Remember the wish box Yoona and I made? I added another wish to it the day our school was burned down.

 

'I want to become a big business man'

 

I always doubted the credibility of the wish box but i was desperate. When another school from the east side of the country offered to take the top twenty students from our school, I really did believe that the little box was magical.

 

The only problem was that I had to take an entrance exam since the school is prestigious and not everyone can make it in.


I started studying as much as I could. I practically did nothing but sit on my desk and study for days. One afternoon, while I was siting on my desk and answering some math questions, Yoona knocked on my door.

 

"Come in!" I shouted, still focused on the problem.

 

She walked in slowly.

 

"Help me with my homework," she said, walking towards me.

 

"I'm busy," I replied, not even glancing at her.


Yoona was already thirteen at that time yet she still came and asked for my help when it came to almost everything.

 

Why can't she just rely on herself? I'm not going to be here soon. How will she survive?


Yoona didn't move so I sighed and sat next to her, knowing perfectly well that something was bothering her.

 

How did I know that, you may ask?

 

Well, I raised her!  Of course I knew my little Yoona, even better than she knew herself, I must say.


"What's wrong?" I asked, seating us both on my bed, the bed she once slept on while I watched her for hours.

 

"Is it true you're leaving the day after tomorrow?" She questioned, looking down. I hadn't discussed my leave with Yoona. Not only because I was afraid of her reaction, but also because I tried to not think about it.

 

It hurt me to leave her too. Did she not know just how precious she was to me?

 

She was my Yoona...

 

The girl I want to spend my whole life with...

 

She's one of the three things that run through my head all the time. The other two being my studies and the war.


"Who told you that?" I asked, frowning.

 

"I heard mom and dad talking about it," she said, a black cloud appeared on top of her head, then she looked at me and I knew very well that she was at the verge of crying, "So it is true, Changmin?"

 

I didn't know what to reply. Tell her the truth and watch her cry because of me (and didn't I promise myself to not hurt her?) or lie then have her hate me forever.


I stayed quite and let her figure out the answer herself.

 

"I'm sorry, Yoong but I have to do this," I said, when little drops of tears filled her eyes.

 

"This is important for me,Yoona," I placed my hands on her shoulders and tried to get her to look at me and she did.

 

" Am I not important enough?" She questioned after taking a deep breath.

 

"Of course, you are," I assured immediately, "you're the most important thing in my life, Yoona."

 

"Lies!" she cried, "if you mean it then...then take me with you!"

 

"I wish I can but I can't," I said, my voice getting louder by the minute too,  "but I can't.  I'll be living in an all male dormitory. Besides, you need to go to your own school too."

 

I waited for her to calm down or respond to me but she didn't.

 

"I promise I'll call you everyday and annoy you so much you'll tell me to stop," I vowed but her tears didn't stop, "Yoona it's difficult for me more than it is for you, you have mom, dad, Neya, Yuri,your aunt, and Jiyoung with you but I have no one there. I'll be all by myself."

 

"But I need you too," she said, engulfing her hands around my face.

 

"Yoona you're thirteen now! You don't need me anymore!." I attempted to comfort her but my words hurt me a lot more that I thought they would.

 

"But you always said I acted like a five  years old! A five years old needs someone to take care of her right?" Yoona argued, her voice was so loud I almost moved my hands from her shoulders to cover my ears.

 

"I was just messing," I said,  " so please just take responsibility and stop crying. And as I promised, I will call you everyday."

 

"Changmin," she called, her tone was the exact same of that tone she used back when were younger and she wanted me to hold her up.

 

"Yes?" I questioned.

 

"Take me with you. I'll pretend to be a boy, I saw it on tv. Girls can do that," she said in a determined voice. On a normal occasion, I would've laughed at her silliness but this wasnt a normal occasion. I just made my little Yoona cry.

 

I told myself to man up and smiled the most sincere smile I could muster, "Yoong, I will come back for you. I won't leave forever and I will call you often. I have to do this, for my dreams. Yoona, I have to."


Yoona started sobbing again but this time she was violent.

 

She started hitting my chest (heart) hard. It was even more painful because I had a fight with Hani last week and my chest was still bruised.  I didn't tell her to stop or push away though, shewas the type of person who would feel etter after letting it all out.

 

"You don't love me Changmin," she declared as she continued taking japs at my chest, "You let me down, Changmin."

 

"I'm sorry, Yoong," I managed to say though my heart was aching at her words.

 

"If you love me, you would stay," she demanded and I swear, at that moment I was ready to give it all up. I was ready to tell her that I won't leave. I almost did too but my dad burst into the room.

 

"Yoona, what do you think you're doing?" He yelled, walking to us and grabbing her arm so she wasn't hitting my chest anymore.

 

He pulled her up but Yoona's eyes were fixed at me, she looked at me coldly, that brat.

 

"What kind of behavior is this? Let Changmin study and go to your room, NOW!" my dad growled. Yoona looked up, startled because it's usually mom who's easily angered not him.

 

Yoona started to shake, but before she sprang out of the room, she gave me one last icy murderous look.

 

"Why did you that? She just needed help on her homework, now she's going to cry the whole night," I said to my dad.

 

I had already wondered if Yoona would suffer after I leave. I'm the one who always took care of her and defended  her all the time. You can say I spoiled her too but really, I can't stand anyone doing anything that can make her shed tears.

 


"Your mom was helping her with her homework. She heard us talking about you, that's why she came," dad said in a calmer tone, "You're spoiling her too much."

 

"She's just a child, dad," I reasoned.

 

"She's not a child anymore.  She should respect you, son, you're older," he said.

 

I knew this was an argument I wouldn't win so I inhaled a deep breath,  "Promise me that you won't make her cry while I'm away, dad. Promise me."

 

My dad furrowed his eye brows in disappointment , "How can you say that to me, Changmin? She's my bestfriend's child and your mother and I raise her like our own. Whether you ask us to r not, Yoona will always be my daughter."

 

I exhaled a deep breath, my dad's words relaxed me a bit.

 

"I know," I smiled helplessly,"It's just, I'm so worn out and worried."


********

A/N : Hye guys this is me Yoongie_ new co-author for this story :) I hope we can be friends ? 

Double chapter for you guys ! Thanks for reading and please comment for some fedback :)

 

calvin harris tv on line descargar musica gratis - go to website you tube mp3