Episode 3.

You're Me

The days became weeks then months.  a lot of things changed and Yoona was one of them. Yoona's hair is now long and she grew a bit taller too, though Neya towers over her now.

 

I started third grade and luckily ranked at the top of my class yet again. Kris became a first grader in the same school and he, too, became the top of his class.

 

Good brains ran in our blood, I guess.

 

Tom and Jerry or Yoona and Neya, whatever you think fits them more started preschool in "Happy Learning" which was (sadly) near the elementary school Kris and I attended.

 

 

Kris and I rode our little bikes to school everyday and since Yoona and Neya's primary school was on our way, we were obligated to take them to school with us every morning. I tried convincing my dad to take them with him but he got really angry and told me to get out. My parents' behavior changed a lot as well, for reasons I didn't understand.

 

At that age, we looked at our parent's cheerless faces and assumed they were tired. we didn't comprehend why the adults always looked intense because we werent aware of that fact that sooner or later,  a war would break out in our very own country.

 

 

 

Now you remember what I said before right? Tom and Jerry were born to fight at every chance they're given.

 

Since I had a much bigger bicycle than Kris', it created yet another thing for the two girls to compete for. The pair both wanted to ride behind me in the "gigantic bike."

 

After a month of this chaos, I made a schedule for them to follow.

 

Thankfully, their classes end before ours so it's usually my Mom who walks them home.

 


On my way I home, I made it a habit stop by the bookstore to get Yoona the coloring books she adores.

 

"Changmin, " she would call when we're chilling together in my room.

 

"Yes?" I would ask.

 

"Color with me!" She would say excitedly.


That was before she started school though. After that, she, too, started to change. No, she was still the spoiled brat she was but she began to spend more time with Kris and stopped asking me to color with her!

 

I tried to shrug it off because Kris was only a year older than her so of course, he enjoyed her company more than I did (Who was I kidding? I enjoyed her company very very much). And her coloring and drawing improved so much she doesn't need me to teach her anymore.


One afternoon, I arrived home like usual and found Yoona coloring one of the books I brought her.


"Hi Yoong!" I greeted her, opening my arms wide for her. She had made it a habit to hug me when I arrive home from school.

 

She lifted her body happily and ran towards me but then Kris entered.

 

"Yoona look what I brought," he boasted and Yoona changed her direction from me towards Kris. she didn't bother to even glance back and exited the room with Kris.

 

I looked to my left and right to make sure no one saw that humiliating moment.

 

This was the first time she had ever let my arms hang in the air. I felt cheated.


I wanted the old annoying Yoona who was so attached to me back.

 

I climbed the stairs to my room without any noise and decided to busy myself with homework.

 

But my thoughts always went back to Yoona.

 

My little Yoona who loved sleeping with me.

 

My little Yoona who loved hugging me.

 

My little Yoona who came to me crying at night.

 

My little Yoona who asked me teach her how to tie her shoes.

 

My little Yoona...

 

my little smiling Yoona...

 

my bright dorky Yoona....

 

my prankster Yoona...

 

Why do I think about her all the time now?, I asked myself and shook my head in disapprovement.

 

Concentrate on math, Concentrate on math, I told myself, just concentrate on math.

 


"Changmin," her soft voice brought me back from my homework.

 

I was still hurt by her earlier action so I cleared my throat before looking up and glaring at the little girl who had just entered my room.

 

"What do you want?" I asked coldly.

 

She held out a booklet in her small hands and handed it to me along with a small plastic bag that contained glue and confetti.

 


"Help me make a wish box," she said, sitting on my bed.

 

"Go ask Kris to help you," I said.

 

I could feel Yoona's eyes on me, "Okay..."

 

My eyes widened, Ididn't think she would give up this fast!

 

"Wait!" I said before she could leave, she turned back and stared at me, "Come here."

 

"I thought you were busy," Yoona said but returned to sit on the bed anyways.

 

I felt myself redenning for the first time in my life,  "So, let me see the booklet..."

 

My voice was shaky and unsure but little Yoona didn't seem to notice, which was completely fine with me!


Together we created the little box made out of paper. Yoona insisted that she would do all of the decorating herself. When we were  done, little Yoona was so excited and happy.

 

"I'll go show it to kris!" She grabbed it from my hand and ran towards the door.

 

Without even thanking me!

 

"Since when was this child so rude?" I said to no one in a highly dangerous tone.

 

I tried to focous on my homework again but couldn't.

 

Not too long after, little Yoona reappeared at my door. I swore thus time I'm really going to teach the brat a lesson.

 


"Changmin," she called brightly.

 


"What now?" I snapped at her.

 


"How do you write 'when'" she asked. I brought the market and small board that I used to teach her writing and wrote 'when' and showed it to her.

 

She sat on my bed and took out a small paper and copied the word.

 

I pretended to be working on my homework again.

 

"Changmin," she called.

 

"What?" I asked in an even colder tone.

 

"How do you write 'grow'" she asked. I wrote it on the board then showed her.

 

"Changmin," she called.

 

I loved how my name came out from . I remember when she was younger, she had called me, "me".

 

"How do you write 'up'?" She questioned. I showed her.


For the nth time, she called me, "Changmin."

 

I laughed, the way she called my name was just so cute.

 

"How do you write 'wanna'?" She asked.

 

My lips curved up at her lack of knowledge, "it's not a word, Yoong. In proper English you write 'want to' and this is how you write it."

 

I wrote 'want to' and showed it to her. When she was done, she looked up.

 

"Changmin," she called.

 

"Yeah?" I asked.

 

"How do you write 'marry'?" She asked a little too innocently.

 

I was left speechless. I shook my head and asked myself if this kid had just asked what I thought she did?

 

"How do you spell 'marry'?" she repeated impatiently.

 

On impulse, I wrote it on the board then showed her. Yoona finished writing her sentence then folded the paper and placed it in the wish box.



"When grow up want to marry..."

If you insert the I's that Yoona didn't need my guidance on, her sentence would be:

 

When I grow up, I want to marry...?

 

I was left speechless.

 

What name did Yoona write?

 

She only knew how to write our names(my family's).

 

....Who do you want to marry, Yoona?

 

Yoona ripped another paper from the tiny journal she held and passed it to me.

 

"Write your wish too, and if no one sees it, it will become true!" Yoona said happily.

 

I quickly wrote down my wish and handed it to Yoona.

 

"Hey Yoona," I said after she put my wish into the box too, "lets keep the box on top of my drawer so we don't lose it."

 

"Okay!" She agreed and passed me the little wish box.

 

Who is it you want to marry, Yoona? I asked myself everytime my eyes landed on that box and it took all of me to not let myself rip that box and read which name Yoona had written.

 

 

A/N No more updates for the rest of the month, sorry!   special thanks to everyone who subscribed! Thank you guys!

 

 

 

<33333