Episode 12.

You're Me

A/N I updated two episodes today so if you didn’t read the previous one, make sure you do now. :D

 

 Finally it's my turn!

By now, you all know me very well.


My name is Im Yoona and I'm an orphan. My biological parents passed away when I was very young so I don't remember them. I've been living with my dad's friend Shim Dongho and his family since then. To me, they're my real family. I call them dad and mom because they're the only parents I know.

 

Dad and Mom don't treat me differently from their biological kids. Actually, everyone knows me as the "spoiled Yoona" because I always got what I wanted since I was a kid!

 

I just finished high school a year late because I missed a year due to political conditions. Thankfully, I got accepted into an arts major in a university close by. Oh, did I mention I love art? I've been drawing since I was young and it's something I love with passion.

 

I looked at the only other person in the room, Neya. We were throwing my graduation party and Neya has been sitting in front of the mirror, painting her face for two hours already.

 

I still remember she was against the party(since when she graduated from that nursing school, mom was sick and we didn't throw her one, ha!) but look at her, she was trying to steal the show.

 

"It's a small gathering, Neya. No need for all of that," I snickered.

 

"Who knows, maybe someone will see me and like me," she replied pleasantly, ignoring my presence.

 

I knew who she was talking about. Kris invited one of his cool friends who's a very popular soccer player. Half the girls liked him, and the rest...well the rest hated him.

 

"I don't know what you see in him! He's always sending winks and laughs to everyone," I said, “like a clown”

 

She glared at me from the mirror then continued her "work"

 

"It's none of your business, you already got your man so let me get mine," she said.

 

I moved my attention from Neya to my right hand, to be more specific, to the ring finger of my right hand and to be exact, to the engagement ring I've been wearing for three years.

 

The moment I turned 16 (legal age in Aerok), Kris and I got engaged. Since Kris was 18 and the military was forcing anyone above 18 to join them in their fight against the rebels, Kris had to get engaged and to be married as soon as possible. And who would make a better fiancée than Yoona who's been under the care of their family all her life?

 

Who would agree to get engaged to a distorted (but still handsome) person with one eye shut for life other than Yoona, who is, by the way, the cause?

 

My parents and even Neya loved the idea and supported it and Kris...well Kris told me he loved me and was happy. So I couldn't do anything but agree.

 

Anyways, Kris has one more year in University and so we're not getting wedded anytime soon. Or so I thought.

 

"Aren't you going to change?" Neya said suddenly, bringing me back to the present, "the guests are arriving already!"

 

I exited her room and went to mine, I changed into the fancy dress my dad bought for me despite its price simply because I said "I pick this one"

 

The dress was of really light orange color, it was long and tight from top to bottom. It was sleeveless so the old scar from the past was not hidden.

 

I picked up the golden bracelet Mom bought me a few days ago and wore it on my right hand. But it did not look good because it didn't match the watch I was wearing which was silver. I made a move to remove the watch but didn't. It's been with me for a long time, I wasn't about to remove it then.

 

Frustrated, I took off the bracelet and tried locking it around my leftt hand.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

I guessed it was Neya who, like always, wanted to compare our outfits.

 

"You're done?" Kris's deep voice greeted me. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't lock the bracelet.

 

"Kris help me lock it before I break it!" I whined like a child.

 

Kris walked over and in seconds, had it locked. I was going to pull back but Kris grabbed my hand and held it in his.

 

I looked down, feeling my cheeks go red like they always did when Kris initiated any type of skinship.

 

"You look stunning today!" he complimented me happily.

 

I only felt my cheek go redder.

 

"Good afternoon, is that what you said?" I mumbled like an idiot. I was nervous!

 

He smiled, "I don't think so."

 

"Then...good afternoon!"

 

I pulled my hand away and went to my bed, where the makeup was sprawled everywhere and started putting it back in its bag.

 

"Yoona," he said my name in such unusually happy tone that I just had to turn around and look at him. His eye that was not hidden underneath his hair was shining.

 

"Yes?" I questioned.

 

"I got a good job!" he announced.

 

I smiled sincerely, finally another source of money for us, "Congrats, Kris!"

 

His smile widened and he brought me in for a hug. I tried to think it was just a hug and wrapped my hands around him.

 

"Congrats," I repeated again, awkwardly trying to break free but Kris didn't let me.

 

"One minute," Kris said, "one minute please."

 

I nodded. On the bright side, this way Kris couldn't see my red face.

 

We stayed still for a while before Kris said something that always pressured me.

 

"I love you, Yoona,"

 

I finally leaned back and smiled up to him, teasingly, "One minute is over."

 

Kris broke into a grin, ready to reply but I interrupted him.

 

"When do you start?"  I asked.

 

"In two or three days, I think, I don't know, when my papers are done probably," he replied.

 

I nodded. He stretched both his hands and held mine.

 

"We need to decide on the wedding day," he stated, tapping my fingers with his hands.

 

I was paralyzed. We never discussed the wedding prior. I knew we were not going to be engaged forever but...

 

"I'm moving to another city next week and I want you to be there with me," he continued.

 

"Why do you have to move?" I whined, fear rushing through me.

 

"The job is there and it's closer to my university, I wouldn't have to drive an hour every day to get to university," he explained, bringing my hands up to his lips for a kiss. The moment his lips touched my hands I pulled away.

 

"I told my dad and he supported my idea," Kris continued.

 

I looked down, nervous, "and he supported the marriage?"

 

"I didn't mention it, I wanted to discuss it with you first but I'm certain he won't say no," Kris assured me.

 

I stayed quiet and Kris, who was my childhood best friend knew me well, he knew my silence meant that I didn't agree.

 

"Why not?" he frowned.

 

"And art school?" I said back, "my university and yours are in the opposite directions."

 

"Oh Yoona, can't you give it up? It's so unnecessary, you can draw anywhere," he shook his head. I shot him a glare, no one is allowed to look down on art.

 

"Can't you go to your university while I go to mine here?" I said, irritated.

 

"No, either we both go or we both stay," he insisted.

 

"Kris..."

 

"Please," he interrupted by grabbing both  my shoulders and making me look him in the eye, "please reconsider this Yoona. This is a great chance and a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. They offered that after I graduate, they'll promote me and I'll have a job awaiting me. And I don't want to move there alone, you know I can't live away from you."

 

Suddenly, I became speechless. I opened my mouth to protest but he lowered his face close to mine. I wanted to pull away like I always did but his hands on my shoulders prevented me from doing so. He was getting closer and closer, I tried to think of something to say but nothing came to mind. I just closed my eyes.

 

"Yoona--!" for the first time in my life, Neya's voice made my heart jump in happiness. She saved me.

 

She had barged it in the room before "anything" happened, Kris immediately let go, his face the color of a tomato.

 

"Think about it, okay?" Kris asked and I nodded.

 

Neya realized she walked in at the wrong time (for me, it was the right time) so she narrowed her eyes at us.

 

"Save whatever you were doing for another time, your guests here," she said to me. I nodded. Nothing Neya would do could make me hate her that day. Not even what she said next.

 

"So Oppa, who looks better, the bowlegged shortie or me?" Neya asked.

 

I was no where near being short but all the Shims were very tall compared to me. Neya was 175 the last time I checked while I was about 8 centimeters shorter.

 

Kris grinned as he ran out of the room, raising his hands peacefully, "don't ask me! Yoona's the one who's my style!"

 

"Oppa!" Neya ran after him while I stayed behind, taking a breathe. On my way down, I pumped into Neya again, her eyes fell on the watch and she rolled her eyes.

 

"Yoona please take it off! Everyone’s going to make a joke off us!" she whined.

 

I don't care!" I retorted. I really didn’t care if everyone laughed at me for wearing a men's watch.

 

I ignored Neya and made my way to our modest living room where my first three guests and cousins, Yuri, Jiyong and their little sister, Haeri were sitting.

 

"God Yoona! The dress is gorgeous!" Yuri squealed as I waved to them. Jiyong rolled his eyes.

 

"Jiyong Oppa, I'm surprised you made it too," I said.

 

"It's G-dragon," he corrected me, "and G-dragon, Yoona-ssi,  never misses out on eye candy."

 

"Anyways," Yuri interrupted, bring my attention back to her, "how much?"

 

I knew she was talking about the dress.

 

"I don't know," I shrugged, "it's pretty expensive though, but Dad still bought it for me."

 

"What an amazing person Uncle Shim is, he treats you like his own daughter if not better!" Yuri exclaimed, "You’re so lucky!"

 

I didn't like the way Yuri worded her sentence because to me, THEY are my real parents.

 

"Of course, I'm the maknae and they all spoil me!" I bragged nevertheless then looked down at Haeri and said jokingly, "Isn’t that right, Haeri-ah?"

 

"Yuri Unnie is right," she said tonelessly, Haeri was obsessed with her older sister and follows her everywhere, which is why we call her Yuri's shadow.

 

One by one, my guests started appearing and the moment the soccer player arrived, Neya ran and welcomed him. She sat next to him and started flirting by fluttering her eye lashes and biting her lips occasionally. When I went to greet him, since this was my party after all, his eyes fell on my ring.

 

"Are you engaged?" he asked.

 

"Yes she's engaged to my older brother and I think they'll get married soon too," Neya answered for me.

 

"You look really young though," he said.

 

"She's only a few months younger than I am, but she looks younger cause of her size,"Neya butted in once again, this time with a laugh.

 

"My height is perfect, I look good with both flats and heels," I whispered in Neya's ears as I went to greet the rest of my guests.

 

The party was so successful that I totally forgot about Kris's last statement.

 

After my guests left, I  went to bed straightaway. The next day, while I was drawing my newest painting, Kris entered my room.

 

"You've been working on that the whole day, aren't you tired?" he asked, closing the door and stepping further into the room.

 

"Nope," I said thoughtfully, "when I'm tired, painting is the only thing that can calm me. I find more comfort in painting than I do with any human."

 

"Even me?" he said. My hands stopped their work.

 

"Have you given us any thought?" he asked, takin the brush from my hand and putting it on the table so he could hold it.

 

I didn't want to tell him no so I said, "I’m stilling thinking about it."

 

He sighed, "Yoona, you don't want to break off the engagement, right?"

 

I looked up to him. What I knew is, I owe Kris my word.

 

"No," I replied genuinely.

 

He smiled, "Okay but please, make your decision fast. The job isn't going to wait for me forever."

 

"This is what you should do, How about you discuss this topic with Dad and Mom? And let's see what they think," I said.

 

"I agree," He said happily, "I'll talk to them tonight!"

 

Kris stopped by my room after dinner, telling me that he was ready to discuss the topic with them.

 

I sat in my room and waited, my eyes were tired so I shut them for a while and surprisingly, I fell asleep!

 

I woke up three hours later to the sound of loud knocking on my door.

 

"What happened?" I shouted in fear as I opened the door. There, stood a shaking Neya who was crying.

 

"Why're you crying?" I asked, my heart beating fast.

 

"Oppa---" she managed to say then trailed off, trying to catch her breathe.

 

"What happened to Kris?" I gasped in horror.

 

She shook her head fervently before grabbing my shoulders and mumbling.

 

"No--No---No---"

 

I waited for her to continue.

 

"Cha-Cha-Chang---"

 

My heart exploded in my chest and my knees went weak.

 

"Changmin Oppa is back!" she finally said. The first tear ran down my right cheek.

 

"Oppa is back Yoona! He’s really back!" she continued to say.

 

I didn't hear anything, the next thing I knew was I was dashing towards the stairs, my hair flying behind me untilI stood on top of the stairs.

 

And there, at the bottom, he stood. With his wide shoulders, with his big dark eyes and with his tan glowing skin.

 

Changmin.

 

 

A/N yaaaay finally! ^^ Did you guys enjoy reading from Yoong's or Max's POV more?? For me I enjoyed writing Yoona's more because for Changmin, I feel like I make him sound a bit feminine(?) or softer than he should be lol idk what I just said honestly xD

And yes, Kris and Yoong are engaged, unfortunately. Don't forget to comment your thoughts :)