Episode 15.

You're Me

A/N I decided to do a double update today!(Since both episodes are short and I haven't updated in ages)  so if you haven't read the previous chapter, please do so before you proceed! 

 

 

 

 

I spent the whole day in the kitchen!

 

After that great breakfast and feast of a lunch we offered for Changmin. Here we were, trying to cook yet another big dinner for Changmin and his friend, Kyuhyun.

 

I went to my room to take a nap but Kris had followed me there, telling me that he’ll ask my father his opinion about us getting married on another occasion since everyone’s busy taking care of Changmin now.

 

By the time he left, Neya ran upstairs and made me follow her towards the kitchen.

 

Maybe if I get dizzy, I’ll fall and go to sleep, I thought, or maybe Changmin will worry about me and carry me up there himself.

 

“Jesus Yoona! Quite daydreaming, we still have lots of work to do!” Neya roared, If only I was a weak person, I would’ve fainted. If only I was a good actress, I would’ve pretended to.

 

I gave up the daydreaming and started preparing the salad.

 

But soon, I got bored of just working.

 

“Hey Neya, do you remember what major was Changmin studying?” I asked.

 

“Engineering, I think.”

 

 “Which room will Changmin take?” I asked Neya excitedly.

 

“I don’t know, probably the guest bedroom,” she answered impatiently.

 

“He looks different right? Skinner, don’t you think?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Remember how huge he was?”

 

“Maybe they didn’t feed them well in their college.”

 

“Maybe. You saw how he ate my pancakes earlier? He obviously liked them so much.”

 

“He also ate the sprinkled eggs I made, and the dishes mom made,” Neya said, rolling her eyes.

 

Let me tell you this, Neya and I don’t get along!

 

“Will you ever complement me?” I stuck my tongue out at her.

 

Neya made her way to the oven to place the chicken and once she was done, I threw her another question.

 

“You and Kris are like mom while Changmin is more like dad, don’t you think?”

 

“I don’t know,” she said, her tone a little louder, “Who are you like?”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe my biological mom?”

 

“No,” Neya said mischievously, “you’re like a parrot! You also don’t know how to shut up!”

 

I frowned at her and took a piece of the dough near me and threw it at her. It landed on her nose and while she frowned, I laughed while escaping towards the door.

 

“Wait!” She exclaimed, “Changmin’s on the other side! Do you want him to see you like this?” 

 

I looked down at myself and found my dress drenched in oil and flour. When I raised my head, Neya stuck a ball of the dough on my nose. I opened the door, ready to escape more upcoming dough when I pumped into a tall figure.

 

It was Changmin!

 

I took a step back and slammed the door in his face as the blood started rising through my face.

 

“Changmin saw me with this stupid dough on my nose, I must have looked like a complete idiot!” I cried and wrapped my hands around my head.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me Changmin was on the other side?” I yelled at Neya who was laughing like a mad woman.

 

“I did,” she said after calming herself, and pretended to brush away a tear,  “You better go to your room and never leave it now!”

 

“Thanks for the offer, I’ll be going then,” I snapped at her and ran up the stairs, ignoring her calling me back.

 

I dashed straight towards the bathroom to wash up and then after I changed , I jumped on my bed.  I was so tired from all the housework I had to do and let me tell you this about Im Yoona, my only hobby is painting.

 

I kept on trashing in my bed, wondering what did Changmin think about me. I mean, no girl reaching twenty would put dough on her face unless it was for beauty reasons!

 

I felt the blood rushing through my face again. I wondered if I was glowing red. Why don’t I go take a look at myself?

 

In a second, I was up on my feet walking towards the mirror and sure enough, my face was bright pink. I looked really pretty though and I wondered how prettier would I look if I also put on lipstick, mascara and an eyeliner.

 

With the crazy idea on my head, I opened the first drawer, ready to paint my face when my eyes landed on a silver thing. It was Changmin’s watch that I had kept for years.

 

I abandoned my previous stupid idea of coloring my face and a new idea made its way through my brain. I decided I should return the watch to Changmin. I wanted to see his surprised face when he finds out I had it saved all this time.

 

Add this to the things you should know about Im Yoona, I seldom think twice about anything!

 

I went to the mirror again, brushed my hair and fixed my eyebrows and ran downstairs looking for Changmin.

 

I went to Kris’ room first before going to the guest room.

 

The door was open so I invited myself in. There, I saw Changmin propped on the sofa near the phone. His forearm on his knee, his back bent forwards and his hands on either side of his face as he looked down.

 

Changmin looked so sad…so depressed.

 

I knocked on the door but he didn’t move so I knocked again, this time louder.

 

Changmin looked up, and the moment we made eye contact his expression changed from pain into anger.

 

His eyes were bleeding red and so full of fire. I had never seen him looking this angry before.  Fear creeped up my spine and I took a step back.

 

This caused the fiery creature to stand up and walk towards me. He was flaming, not jonly his eyes were full of fire but also his body. He was sweating so hard I can see drops of sweat on his forhead.

 

I began to tremble in confusion.

 

“I-I-I-have-s-something for you,” I mumbled. He halted his steps in front of me and looked at my right hand which had the watch.

 

I don’t know why but my instinct was to hide it behind me.

 

He looked up at me, his eyes getting so intense I wished I hadn’t come up with this stupid idea.  He grabbed my right arm and brought it out, he looked at my hand then back up at me.

 

“I-I didn’t mean-I-was-going-to-return-it,” I stuttered again, assuming he was mad that I have his watch or something. I was just utterly confused and scared and couldn’t gather my thoughts.

 

He continued to look at me with that strong expression. I felt his gaze penetrating my skull and my brain and killing every cell in it.

 

In those red, flaming eyes. I saw the tears begin to fill his orbits then make their way down his cheeks to end on his jaw before landing on the floor.

 

I lost myself in those eyes and drowned in those tears and I could only look at him, knowing whatever was hurting him has hurt me five times stronger.

 

A bad memory made its way to my head, I remembered a day when Changmin cried like this and had his hands open for me.

 

“Changmin,” I called without noticing as my own tears began to fall.  He shut his eyes at this and his grip on my hand increased to the point where I knew it’ll leave a mark. Not that I cared at that point.

 

He had said, “Yoona, come” back then.

 

But now, he snatched the watch and threw it behind him.

 

“Leave,” he said coldly. His eyes sending knives and swords and bombs and all kinds of things that could kill towards me.

 

I looked at him, shocked as I took one step back at first before finally giving him my back and escaping to my room.

 

Completely and painfully broken.