Episode 5

You're Me

 

 

BoA and her fiancee, Jung Yunho slowly became a part of our family. Yoona specially had so much admiration for the  female.

 

"She makes me happy," she said one day while BoA was brought up over dinner.
 
 
I was so grateful to see the old Yoona cracking jokes once again that I volunteered to take all three kids to the amusement park
 
 
I don't remember much about the park but I can still recall little Yoona insisting she's old enough to ride the roller coaster.
 
 
Neya  who's usually the tough one among the two, refused to go with us.
 
 
"You chicken," Yoona had .

 

 
Kris and Yoona took their places in front of me while I sat behind them. I can't lie and say I wasn't disappointed when Yoona hopped in next to Kris excitedly(instead of waiting for me) but I did try to shrug it off. 
 
 
I don't think Kris or I enjoyed that ride because both of us couldn't manage a smile on our way down. Little Yoona was a whole different case...

 

 
"It was so much fun!" Yoona grinned happily, "let's go again!"
I was ready to protest but Kris stopped in his track so I turned to look at him to see what was up.
 
 
"Who's that talking to Neya?"  Kris asked. I let my eyes swiftly follow his towards my little sister.
 
 
There, talking to Neya was my classmate and sworn enemy, Hani
 
 
Hani who went to both the same elementary and now middle school as me was cocky and ignorant.
 
 
His Dad was stinking rich and despite the fear of the approaching war,  his family still afforded buying cars for his older three brothers. And I hated him, so ing much. And maybe, just maybe, I envied him too.

 

 
Neya stared at me uneasily and relaxed a bit when we neared her.
 
 
"Oh guys look," Hani said in a fake amused tone, pointing to me to four other guys whom I recognized from school as well, "Sissy Changmin is babysitting the kids tonight,  Isn't that cute?"
 
 
I felt someone tugging at my arm and glanced down to see Yoona had grabbed my arm and hid behind it.
 
 
"What do you want, Hani?" I asked, not wanting to fuel a fight with the kids around.
 
 
"What would I want from a cheap as fellow like you?" Hani retorted.
 
 
"Don't talk to him that way!" Kris snapped. Kris was only ten at that time but he was almost as tall as Hani was. One fact about him was that(not so unlike myself) he wasn't a very patient person.
 
 
"Oh look, the ugly kid can talk too," Hani said and laughed at his own insult, "Did you burn yourself while frying the eggs, doofus?"
 
 
Even though Kris contained his anger, I didn't.
 
 
I jerked my arm from Yoona's grip and dashed towards Hani and his gang. Before he could register anything, I punched him right in the nose. Soon, red liquid greeted me.
 
 
That didn't stop me though, I managed to punch his stomach twice before one of his gang members pushed me from the back.
 
 
Soon Kris was by my side and the fight continued until the security gaurds interfered and called our parents.
 
 
As expected, my dad yelled at me for a long time when we arrived. And as if all of that wasn't enough.i knew the following day, all of the school would be talking about how I took kids to the amusement park.

 

 
I entered my room, closed the door and threw my body on my bed. Frustration filled me that even when nine years old Yoona entered, I didn't feel better.
 
 
"Don't say anything, Yoona. Just leave," I warned her before she could open that little mouth of hers.
 
 
"But-Changmin--"
 
 
"Leave!" I snapped coldly and glared at her. I saw tears forming in her eyes as she stared at me.
 
 
"Get out!" I hissed, and when she didn't move, I glared at her even more, "Now."
 
 
She turned around quickly and exited the room.

 

 
After a while, I calmed down and realized that I had hurt my little Yoona.
 
 
As guilt washed over me, I stood up and went to her room.
 
 
"Yoona,"
 
 
I knocked softly, knowing that she was probably still up, crying.
 
 
When no reply came, I allowed myself in and the light.
 
 
My eyes fell on her bed and found it empty. A little panicked, I went to check Kris's room then Neya's but she wasn't in either of them. I checked the bathrooms, kitchen, guest room and the living room.

 

My little child was missing.
 
My one and last hope was my parents bedroom.  I went upstairs again and approached their bedroom slowly.

 

Please be there...
Please be there...

 

I knocked twice and my Mom opened the door.
 
"Yoona's here," she said immediately.
 

I felt all the weight that stopped the oxygen from entering my lungs lift. My little Yoona was safe and sound!

 

"She was crying a lot last night so I offered her to sleep with us. knowing Yoona, she agreed," my mom said.
 
 
"Yeah...I yelled at her," I said.
 
 
"You gotta apologize first thing in the morning then," she said strictly.
 

I knew it's stupid but I didn't want to apologize. I was a guy and apologizing wasn't a very manly thing to do.

 

"She'll forget about it," I said. It's not uncommon for kids gets to be mad then be happy again the next the day, right? I was sure this was one of those cases.

 

But of course, I was wrong.
 
 
The next morning Yoona refused to even glance my way and asked dad  to drive her to her aunt's house.
 
 
Yoona spend the whole day there and when we went to pick her up, she insisted that she wanted to sleep since the following day was a Sunday.
 
 
When she finally agreed to come home, I gave up.
 

"I'm sorry I yelled at you the other day," I said when she didn't greet me with a hug.

 

Her lips curved up then she ran into my arms.
 
 
Sorry was all it took!
 
**********

My parents trusted me a lot and I usually respected their trust and obeyed them. But when it came to Hani, I just couldn't obey them.

 

Each year, we would meet and fist fight once in a while. Hani was a jerk and he easily provoked me.
 

"Changmin, did you get into a fight?" a 11 years old Yoona once asked.

 

"No, what makes you say that, Yoong?" I said though my hands were shaking.
 
 
"The blood," she said and pointed towards my collar. It must've gotten there because of my nose bleed earlier.
 
 
"Oh this?" I laughed weakly, ready to tell her another lie but then decided to be truthful. She is my little Yoona, after all.
 
 
And I knew my secret would be safe with her.

 

"I got into a fight with Hani, Yoong. Please don't tell anyone..." I said.
 
 
She was worried, I can tell by the way her eyes narrowed down.
 
 
I pulled her into my embrace immediately, "I'm fine, please don't cry."
 
 
I hated it when she cried, and I hated it even more when I was the reason.
 
 
"I will take care of myself from now on so stop crying. You know how your tears affect me," I said. She didn't reply so I pulled away and forced her to look at me.
 
 
"Please dry those tears so no one will see them," I said cautiously.
 

She dried her tears and went to her room.

 

I expected her to bring up the topic again but she (thankfully) didn't.
 

*******

 

A/N This is a boring ep, I know but stick with me, the story is just starting to get interesting!

p.s I'm updating using my phone so there's probably minor mistakes, I apologize. I'll edit everything once I get my hands on a computer :)

 

 

 

 

youtube downloader baixar musicas gratis site tv on line free download music here