The Lasser Family

Evensong - The Noble

     “Did Sehun heard wrong? Hyung! The Lassers! Not just Amber noona, it’s the WHOLE Lasser family.” Kris ignored Sehun and continued staring eye to eye with Ariel. It seemed that he was enjoying the moment while Ariel had a hard time trying to hide her embarrassment. Kris let go of Ariel when he sense that there were other families near his house. Quickly, she stood up, leaving Kris sitting there alone. Tao cleared his throat and said, “So, should we start hiding her and welcome that family?” Kris just shook his head and chuckle, “There’s no need to hide Ariel. After all, she is one of us.” Tao only nodded when Sehun and Xiu Min looked at him with their puzzled face. Then everyone started doing their stuff. Xiu Min was cleaning the living room and arranging everything in order while Sehun was admiring himself at the big mirror in the living room. Lazily, Tao took a black shirt hanging at the staircase and wore it while yawing. It seems like he haven’t been sleeping for ages. Ariel stood there like a fool, observing the others. Then she saw only Kris was sitting there, doing nothing just like a king.

     “I can’t believe that we are actually going to the Noble’s house just because unnie’s boyfriend saved a girl….” Krystal was sulking on her way to the Noble’s house clan. Minzy put her arm around Krystal and said, “I agree with you, my friend. Really, it’s not like she is pregnant or something….” Amber who was in front stopped and looked back at both of the pups of her family, “Excuse me? It’s NOTHING when my fiancé let a girl sleep in his house?” “Can you girls stop? We are almost there now. I think they know that we are here now because of your arguments.” Xiah told the three girls who were arguing. Beside him stood there Jessica, Mickey and Lay. Jessica laughed at Amber, “Seriously Amber, you are arguing with our two little pups when you are a full-grown?” Like usual, Lay was just standing there, listening to the others conversation. “Come on, let’s keep you girls’ claws and keep going. We are reaching already.” Mickey continued walking.

     “Who are the Lasser?” Ariel asked when she saw Tao brewing his coffee in the kitchen. “Just like us Noble, Lasser is another family clan.” Tao answered her coolly. Ariel always thought that Tao was a cold person. Everyone will definitely be scared of him since he never smiled and his deathly stare. But Ariel felt that there was no barrier between both of them. She felt that she could trust his even though they just meet yesterday. After all, both of them shared the same dark red eyes and hair. Ariel always thought that she was one weirdo since she dint dyed her hair or wear any contact lens. “Then the girl who was hugging Kris was one the Lasser clan?” Tao stopped and look at her, like he knew what she was thinking. With one of his eyebrow raised up, he asked, “Jealous?” That blunt question made Ariel lost of words. “N... No… Why would I? Isn’t she Kris’s fiancé?” Tao smile slightly when he saw Ariel flustered, “Nah, she is so not Kris’s type. Don’t worry, she won’t be a hard competent.” Ariel rolled her eyes and went out of the kitchen and found Kris sitting by the window looking out of the house. When he saw her coming out, his face broke into a warm smile, specially kept only for her. “Hey, can you do me a favor?” Ariel blushed again when she saw him. There was a weird feeling every time she saw Kris. The feelings felt weird but warm. “Depends, I think.” “Depends…” Kris chuckle when he heard Ariel’s answer. “Well, Miss Ariel…. There’s no ‘depends’ in my dictionary. But…. I think I can accept it if you are the one who said it….” Suddenly, he was right in front of Ariel. Lowering his head towards Ariel, he whispered into her ears, “Don’t let Amber and the Lasser the chance to look down on you okay? Remember you are not just anybody, you are one of us.” Ariel nodded. Slowly, Kris dragged himself away from Ariel and just smile at her. Then both Sehun and Xiu Min came in the house, “Leader, they are here….”

     “So this is the Noble’s house huh…. Mickey ya, can you kindly jump up and see is anyone home?” Xiah ordered when he saw no one coming out from the house to invite them. Mickey nodded and prepared to jump up to the roof to have a look. Then someone spoke to them with an unfriendly tone, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you….” Then the Lassers turned back and found Tao stood behind them, taking a sip of his coffee and stared at them with his deathly stare. Xiah went to him and said politely, “A good day to you, black knight. It’s your leader we would like to meet. Is it troublesome now?” Tao answer him with his lazy tone, “It’s not that you guys care about troublesome or not, otherwise you guys shouldn’t be here….” Tao’s response made Xiah and s stunned. The house door opened and came out both Xiu Min and Sehun, inviting them into the house, “Our leader is waiting for you arrival.” Xiu Min told them while Sehun nodded at Tao. Tao just walked past them and went into the house without a second thought leaving the Lassers outside the house. “Isn’t he just what a knight should be? Handsome, cool, powerful, everything!” Jessica was on the top of her voice when she said that. “Jessica, you don’t even know him. People said he doesn’t even care to have a family clan name.” Mickey told Jessica when she couldn’t take her eyes off Tao. Jessica only replied,” But he is in the Noble family clan now.” Then the timid Lay quietly added, “Actually, I don’t think that his family clan name is Noble. If I’m not mistaken, he just wants to be in the Noble family clan, no other reasons.”

     Xiah stop the others from chatting, “Enough of those nonsense, let’s go in shall we?” The Lassers walked through the house door and a huge living room welcome them. Then Kris was sitting on the sofa with his legs cross, while Ariel was sitting timidly at a distance from him. Ariel caught Amber’s eyes. She saw a pair of light brown eyes staring at her which made Ariel felt uncomfortable. Then behind Amber came in two girls who looked similar, definitely they are siblings thought Ariel. Ariel noticed that the taller one from the two always has her eyes on Tao, who was standing at the main door. There was another girl from the Lasser. She was as small size as the other sibling. Both of them were the smallest in their family. Lastly, there were three guys who came in last. Easily, Ariel could tell the head of the Lasser - the guy who looked the strongest and muscular among them. The other one was as tall as him but was skinnier. Ariel saw the last member was a young boy. He looked the same age like her. When both their eyes meet, he smiled timidly to her and quickly turned away.

     “Well, I don’t really remember inviting any of you Lassers. So what pleasure do I have for you whole family to come and give me a visit?” The leader-like-guy answer Kris, “Good day, apologizes for not informing you about we Lassers’ visit.” Kris just shook his head and said, “Seriously Xiah, get to the point. The reason you come and look for me.” Xiah straighten his tie and stare at Ariel, “Definitely. May I know why that human girl is in your house?”