The Postcard

Evensong - The Noble

     "Since you knew that this is my house, why would you even care who she is?" Kris answered Xiah with a lazy tone. Finally, the girl who was always staring at Tao step up and asked, "But just having one boy and one girl in this house alone is abnormal right?" Kris bended his head to the side like he was thinking what she said and nodded, "hmm, I guess you are right." Then Kris looked at Ariel and smirked, "Maybe I should have do something when we were alone." That sentence made Ariel blushed like an red apple. At the corner of her eyes she could see that Amber was staring at both of them. Then Tao who stood beside Ariel spoke in a low tone, "You are Jessica right? No offense but I think you meant a FEW guys right? Since I, and the two little ones were with them....." Then it was Jessica's turn to blush when Tao spoke to her. She wasn't bothered that Tao dint really remembered her name, she was just so happy when he spoke to her. "Oh, right, erm, sorry, I forgotten that....." "Forgotten that I'm a guy? Thanks a lot....." Tao snapped at Jessica without thinking about her feelings. Well, that's the cold hearted Tao for you, thought Ariel. "Unnie! Come back her before you embarrass yourself again!." The younger girl shouted for her sister. "Krystal, manners" said Xiah while he heard her shouting at Jessica. Krystal dint say anything but only made a sulky face. "I know that you guys have a really good relationship but seriously, I don't have the time to see you guys arguing. So could you guys just get done and move on?" Kris couldn't hide his frustration anymore. The another guy beside the timid one spoke to Kris, "Its just that we don't understand that why there's a human girl with the Noble family. I think we wouldn't want to bring this matter to the Silence family right?" Everyone tensed up when they heard 'Silence' family word. Then Tao growl in his deep voice at the guy, "Watch you mouth, Mickey. You Lassers wouldn't want to be my enemy...." It looked like Mickey was slightly shocked when he heard that and tried to explain, "No.. No... It's just that the Silence family often come and ask us if there are any rumors. So...." Kris calmly said, "It's okay, I understand your trouble. But there's nothing to be fear or worried about her." The small size girl asked in a tiny voice, "But Kris sunbaenim, how would you know there's no trouble?" Kris sighed, "Because, Minzy......she is one of us....."

     Now what Kris said gotten everyone's attention, now that made Ariel stared at Kris too. Ariel heard a faint whisper from Amber, "That's impossible....." "But I don't see any family marks on her. So how do sure are you that she is one of us?" Mickey nodded, agreeing with what the timid boy said. "Wow, finally little Lay speaks huh?" Sehun blurred out his thought without hesitation, making Lay lowered his head a little. Xiu Min only nudged at Sehun, telling him to be quite. Suddenly, Sehun felt like sneezing and tried to stop the sneezing but failed to do so. "A.... Achoo!" Sehun sneezed so hard that his head was almost jerked off. The moment Sehun sneezed a strong breeze blew into the house and all the windows were blown open. The letters and bills on the coffee table were blew all around the living room. Even Ariel's red hair was messy again. She combed her hair with her fingers and bended down to pick up a few letters which were blew to her feet. Then she saw a hand-written post card : 

It's been awhile since Noona and Chanyeol went to Italy,
I hope that everything is fine and peaceful in the house, 
And I definitely wouldn't want to fix any of you guys' problems when Noona reached home,
By the way, we will be back at the 8th of April, 3:00 pm

P.S. Please don't create troubles, trouble makers~
Love, JH & Chanyeol 

8thof April? Isn't that today? Ariel wanted to show the postcard to Kris then she realized the house was quite, only cool wind blowing kisses to her skin which made her skin crawl a bit. It happened so fast, Tao stood in front of her, shoving her to his back, one arm holding her waist to support her. A deep and rough growl coming out of his throat. Even Kris was on his feet, standing if front of Xiah and Mickey, blocking them. The other girls were shocked too when they saw they family members acting weird. "I think it's time you leave, Lassers." Xiah looked up at Kris with his bright green eyes, "Kris, what is the meaning of this? The hell her scent is like that?" "Oppa, did you smell anything? What the hell is going on here?" Lay answered Krystal in a serious tone, " By looking at them, it's seems like only the full grown can smell it. The smell doesn't effect me, Sehun and Xiu Min or even you girls. And by seeing the way Tao sunbaenim protecting the girl, there's only one explanation. It's seems that our doubt have been cleared." Kris smirked at Xiah, " Your family's little one are much cleverer than you huh?" 

     In a second, Mickey charged himself towards Kris with an inhuman speed. "How dare you speak to our leader like that, Noble...." Ariel was about to shout for Kris but Tao was faster, he stood in front of Kris , ready to accept the blow from Mickey. Suddenly Ariel heard a really  high pitch sound in her head, and it hurts like hell. At first was the noise then the real pain comes, it was like her brain was being tortured or twisted. It's wasn't just her, it seems that the others heard and felt it too. The Lassers and even Xiah drop themselves onto the floor, struggling to fight away the pain while Sehun and Xiu Min both were on their knees, both looking at each other. "Hyung! Ya! Why am I feeling this pain when Noona is in Italy?" Sweat were dripping from Xiu Min's forehead, " Hun ah, what's the date today?" "The hell Sehun cares about the date? Hyung!" Sehun burst and shouted when he failed to control the pain. Ariel gripped her fist as hard as possible and tried to fight the pain but it was useless. From the side she saw Kris was in pain too but not as serious as the others. He sat back on the sofa, his hand on his forehead. Then he saw Ariel, he tried to speak but the pain worsened. 

     Ariel felt a firm grip on her arm which helped her up. She was helpless at that time, her head just flunked to the side and she saw the same red hair like her, Tao. Tao lead her to the sofa and made her sit beside Kris. Gently, Kris pulled Ariel and her head was resting on his shoulder. His forehead rested on hers, " Just bare with it for a while, it will pass quickly." Ariel had no strength to answered him, but she felt the same safeness whenever she was with him. But Ariel was puzzled why Tao was the only one that wasn't bothered with the pain? She saw everyone else was in pain when Tao was the only one moving without any problem. Easily, Tao helped both Sehun and Xiu Min who both looked like they were dying of pain up. 

     "Xiah oppa, it hurts!" Minzy shouted but it was useless too since Xiah himself was in pain too. "Kris, what did you guys do?" Instead of Kris, another woman voice answered Xiah........ "My dongsaeng don't have that power. You Lassers should know that your lives are at risk the moment you step into the Noble house."