We are Wolves

Evensong - The Noble

   Ariel just nodded when Sehun asked her. Sehun grabbed a packet of chips and started talking, ‘You know who or what are we right?’ ‘Erm, some really handsome guys in town?’ Sehun laughed when he heard Ariel. He agreed with her, ‘Yeah you can say that. Well, Sehun is handsome….’ Sehun opened the chips and started eating. ‘We aren’t normal humans….’ Ariel looked at Sehun with a puzzled face. ‘Excuse me?’ Then Sehun turned and looked at Ariel’s dark red eyes. Then she saw the changes from his golden eyes, slowly to bright red color….

   She wanted to back off quickly, but Sehun’s eyes clolour change back to his usual gold color. ‘Don’t be scared, I think you saw those eyes quite a number of times yesterday right?’ Sehun continues eating his chips like nothing happened while Ariel tried to recall about yesterday, ‘But I remembered Kai and his gangs’ eyes are different than yours.’ Sehun thought about it for a moment, ‘Ah, because they are different clans. As you can see, Kai and his gang are in the same clan – The Damons. When the Damons are tempted, hungry or mad, their eyes will turn into bright yellow. Kai is the leader of that clan so the others follow him anywhere.’

   ‘Which means different clans have different eyes color? And you guys are bright red?’ with a mouthful of chips, Sehun only nodded his head. At that time Xiu Min came down from the stairs, ‘TOP is already asleep. I think the medicines effect is too strong for humans….’ Then he realized that Ariel and Sehun both were staring at him. Embarrassed Xiu Min slowly sat at another sofa. ‘Hyung! Sehun is teaching my dongsaeng, so shh!’ Sehun told Xiu Min off and continue, ‘We are from the Noble clan. Kris is the leader, Sehun is the maknae, but now you are the maknae here. As you can see, everyone here has bright red eyes just like you saw Sehun and Tao hyung yesterday.’ Ariel remembered Kris’s red eyes in the room just now. Xiu Min added when he saw Ariel’s blank face, ‘There are lots of different clans out there, some are just still new clans while some clans are as old as your ancestor. Different clans usually have different eyes color, some have the same color but different brightness.’

   Those stuff that Sehun and Xiu Min said made Ariel’s mind spin even more. ‘Are you guys family members?’ Sehun threw the empty packet into the dustbin without looking at it and it went straight into the dustbin. ‘We are not really from the same family but we have slightly some blood connection. For example, Sehun and Kris hyung are siblings, Xiu Min is our cousins while another hyung that you haven’t seen – Chanyeol hyung is our grandmother’s cousin’s nephew’s son. Got it?’ Ariel just waved her hands, ‘This is damn complicated. What about Tao?’

   ‘I am not connected to them at all. I just came into the Noble’s clan with my own liking.’ Tao surprised everyone when he appeared suddenly from the kitchen. Just like in the morning, he wasn’t wearing any shirt, came and sat at the single sofa with his leg crossed.’ ‘Ah, Sehun remembered! Kris hyung said Tao hyung came into the Noble clan because he cared too much for Kris hyung!’ Tao gave Sehun a deadly stare while Xiu Min laughed at him. ‘But Tao has the same eye color like you.’ Ariel looked at Tao then at Sehun. Instead, Xiu Min was the one who answered, ‘Same color, different brightness. Actually, we don’t even know which clan Tao hyung actually was. I think only Leader knows that.’ Sehun nodded his head while listening to Xiu Min. ‘That’s right, we pups don’t know what those full-grown talked about…..’

   Ariel sat up straight when she heard what Sehun said, another question popped into her mind. ‘Then what about pups that Kai always refer to Xiu Min?’ This time Tao was the one who spoke, ‘In our world, those who are below 18 are pups while 18 and above are full-grown. Pups are usually ten times weaker than normal full-grown so usually every clan’ pups are taken care by the full-grown in the clan.’ ‘Just like how Tao hyung and Leader always take care of Sehun and I.’ Xiu Min added.

   ‘Why are they always talking PUPS? Aren’t pups baby wolf?’ that thought came into Ariel’s mind. It was like Tao could read Ariel’s mind easily. He bended down a little, elbows on his knees and stared at Ariel. His dark red eyes were like seeing through Ariel’s mind. ‘Hun ah, did you even told her what are we?’ Sehun jumped up and looked at Ariel with a surprised face, ‘Huh? Sehun thought that you figure it out already! That’s why I dint say…..’ Xiu Min smiled at Sehun with a sympathy smile while Tao just shook his head. ‘I knew it, that’s why she looked so blank.’

   Ariel’s mind really was blank. She was trying hard to remember – eye color, clan and pups? At that time, Tao stared at Ariel again, but with the bright red eyes and made a deep growl which made Ariel back off a little towards the sofa. When Tao growled, the house became quite, not even one sound could be heard. Ariel could only heard Sehun and Xiu Min made a soft growl. Slowly, Tao opened his mouth and spoke in a deep voice, ‘We aren’t just normal humans. We are wolves……’