Midnight

Bad Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was a lot quieter than before. The members left an hour ago after visiting hours ended. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to sleep.

I turned my body towards the window. I pulled the blanket closer to my chest. Somehow, it suffocated me so I pushed it down again. Just go to sleep, Baekhyun.

I heard light footsteps coming towards my direction. The footsteps then stopped. "He's asleep." I identified my sister's whispering voice. "It's almost midnight. You should get some rest. It's been a long day for all of us." I heard another whispering voice. Suho. "I'm staying here. I don't want to leave Dahye alone." My heart twitched at the mention of her name. What's with Dahye?

"Lay and Luhan are working hard to save her. You also need to get out of those bloodstains." The third voice that belongs to Xiumin went through me. My mind was building up with curiousity. Blood? Save her? I thought she was fine. What's going on? I heard Ah Young sighed.

"I still can't believe she took the bullet for him. She the venom without even thinking. Baekhyun was saved but now her life was on the line." She revealed. I opened my eyes slowly. Luckily, my body angle prevented them from noticing that. I continued listening to their conversation. "I really love them both and I don't want to lose any of them."

"We're on the same page. Let's hope for the best." Suho spoke. "Come, we’ll send you back to your house. General Byun was expecting you."

I got up after ensuring they left my room. The room seems a lot quieter since then. Ironically, the silence can't seem to wash my guilt away. I stared at my arm, where the bite marks are. The previous dream entered my head. Dahye did this for me?

 

 

 "I got it! Here it is." Luhan entered with a small bottle in his hand. "How many hours left?" He passed the bottle to Lay.

"One hour. How do I know if it works?" Lay asked. He transferred the content into an empty pack.

"The elixir withdraws the venom out and neutralizes it. When the elixir changes back to its original color, it’s done. We only got one shot." Luhan answered. Hanna inserted another tube into her left arm. They waited for ten minutes when suddenly a black liquid changed the color of the elixir.

The process continues for another thirty minutes. Finally, the black liquid turns back to colorless, completing the last step. "Hanna, take it off." Lay instructed the young nurse to remove the tube. Hanna obeyed and gave the tube to Luhan. "I'll take these for my study. Good work, Hanna." Luhan gave a playful wink. Hanna blushed as she left the two. "Really? Xiu-ge was way better." Lay commented. “What?” Luhan shrugged. "Let her rest. I'll check on her first thing in the morning. Good night, Dahye."

 

 

 I pressed myself to the wall. Lay and Luhan walked out. After their shadows disappeared, I crept stealthily into the room.

I closed the door. There she was, lying on the bed with her eyes closed. Her chest went up and down, a good sign that she was still breathing. Her lips were pale as her skin. There was a tiny smudge of blood at the edge of her lips. My thumb ran to her lip and wiped the smudge.

"Dahye..." I whispered. Baekhyun. A small thought of mine hoped that she would open her eyes and answered me right away. Her voice will say my name and smiles at me. "It's me, Baekhyun." I wrapped my fingers around hers. Her hand was a bit colder than usual.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter