Chapter 7

Love Cook

“After everything we’ve been through together, I don’t think we should. I love you, with all my heart, I love you.” Onew confessed.

“Mianhae…” you apologized to Onew before walking away.

*              *              *              *

“One order of Hake with Valdeòn Cheese!” Seowan called. The souse chef prepared the cheese  sauce, while the grill chef prepared the hake steak. You worked on the dish that was ordered before the hake, which was two orders of Gogumabap.

“Diyeon-ssi, is the two orders of gogumabap done yet?” Eunjo asked you.

“Almost!” You replied as you put the sauce on the gogumabap.  “Now they are.” You said to Eunjo as she grabbed the two bowls. Eunjo walked away with the two bowls in her hands.

“Sunbae, you don’t so well. Are you okay?” one of the kitchen assistants asked you.

“I’m fine, just stressed.” You lied. You regret letting go of Onew, even though he confessed his feelings for you, you ignored him. Aish… I’m so stupid! You thought.

“Noona!” Taewoo yelled at you. You looked at him shocked. “Noona, are you alright?” he asked. You nodded in reply. “Geojitmal. You obviously are not, I’m going to tell, the boss.” Taewoo insisted.

“Don’t, I’ve been away for long enough, the head chef should always be here.” You informed Taewoo.

*              *              *              *

“Diyeon-ah, I got tickets to Inkigayo. You wanna come with me?” Eunjo asked you while Seowan, Eunjo, and you walking home after work, which the couple didn’t live far from you.  “It’s this Saturday. Seowan will pick you up, and drive up to the SBS building, okay?”

“I can’t come, I have to work! I’m the head chef remember?” You asked her.

“Oh yeah~! I remember!” Eunjo laughed. You stopped in front of your apartment building. “Why did you stop walking?” Eunjo turned to you. You pointed at the building, Eunjo laughed again. “I knew that it was your building! See you tomorrow!” Eunjo called to you as she walked away.

You quickly got to your apartment. When you entered your apartment, you closed the door immediately, you dug your phone out of your bag before you even took off your shoes. You tried to call Onew, but he didn’t pick up, you tried again, still no answer. You kept trying until it was 1:30 am.

The next morning you woke up to your phone ringing, you picked it up, half asleep. “Yeoboseyo?” You said sleepily.

“Noona, it’s me, Key! Onew hyung doesn’t know that I’m calling you, so I’ll make it short, meet me at the SM building and I’ll tell you everything, okay? I’ll be there in about 15 minutes, so please don’t be late! See you soon!” Key hung up. You got up off the floor, where you fell asleep last night. You changed quickly and left your apartment as fast as you could. You walked to the building with four minutes to spare, you spent that time in the little park across from the building. A car pulled up in front of the building, an man got out of the car, it was Key.

“Kim Kibum!” You yelled running to him.

“Noona, please be quiet.” Key said in a low voice.

“Ah, ne. But what did you call me over for?” you asked him.

“Let’s go inside, I’ll tell you there.” He said pulling you into the building.