Chapter 4

Love Cook

“Chinjayo.” You grumbled.

“Diyeon-ssi, thank you, Jinki-ssi found a person he likes, thank you.” Shinee’s manger thanked you. You bowed back.

“Onew-ssi, Can we talk?” You asked Onew. He got up, and followed you. You led him to the parking lot. “What are you doing here?” You asked him.

“Eating, what else?” He replied simply. 

“Do you even know what ‘Desserte Vous Aimez’ means?”

“No, why does it matter?”

“It’s French for ‘Serving you love’, it matters a lot, that’s what this restaurant is made for, making couples! Not for regular dining!” You yelled at Onew.

“What?! Couples?! So, this is like a host club and a night club?!”

“If you want to put it in those terms, then yes.”

“You’re lying, right?”

“Aniyo. It’s the truth.”

“No wonder I fell for you.” Onew scoffed as he walked off.

*              *              *              *

You haven’t seen Onew in a week, but you talked to the members over the phone.

“Noona, please talk to Onew hyung, please?” Key asked you. You were lying on your couch at your home.

“Fine, let me in at the SM building.” You sighed.

“Gomawa noona!” Key thanked you. Key thanked you. Key than hung up on you. You let the phone drop to the floor. Rolling on to your side, you let a tear fall. You regret telling Onew about the restaurant. More tears fell. The only way to see him in person was for his birthday. You wiped your tears and sat up, picking your phone off the ground. You quickly went to your room and put on a jacket and your bag on your shoulders before putting on your shoes to go out.

The SM Building was not far from your apartment, it took about 11 minutes to get there. When you arrived, Shinee’s manger was outside, it seemed like he was waiting for you.

“Anyonghaseyo.” You greeted him, he seemed startled, but he bowed back to you. He led you into the building, to the practice room. He opened the door, and went in, you followed behind.

“Noona!”Minho yelled surprised. You broke into a smile, then you saw Onew, who was looking at his phone, you ran to him, hugging him.

“Mianhae...” You whispered into his ear. “I may work there, but you hold my heart.”

“Get off.” Onew said sternly. You let go and backed away.

“Onew-ssi… What’s wrong?” You asked him

“Why are you here?! Who let you here?! Who said I wanted to see you?!” He yelled at you. Your eyes watered, a tear fell, then another. You ran out of the practice room into the hallway, Jonghyun followed you out. You fell to the floor, crying.

“Diyeon-ssi, don’t take it personally, Onew is probably shocked.” Jonghyun tried to comfort you.

You heard footsteps approach. “Ireona.” Onew’s voice commanded. “Jonghyun, naga.” You stood up, Onew pressed you against the wall, his face slowly coming closer to yours.