Chapter 1

Love Cook

“How may I help you?” Baek Eunjo asked the customer that walk into “Desserte Vous Aimez”.

“Um, a table for one, please?” A man with red hair asked Eunjo.

“Right this way please,” Eunjo smiled, she led him to a booth in the back of the restaurant. The man scanned the menu after he sat down.

“Chogiyo!” He called.

Eunjo came to his booth, “Yes, sir?” She smiled.

“I want a cup of water please, and… Roast rosemary chicken and vegetables, please,” He ordered.

Eunjo wrote down his order quickly, “Okay, I’ll be back with your water in a minute!” She smiled. Eunjo walked into the kitchen. “One order of a roast rosemary chicken and vegetables! Table 13!” Eunjo yelled.

“Got it!” You yelled back. You went to the fridge and grabbed some carrots, green onions, mushrooms, and parsley. You chopped the vegetables finely. The roast chef prepared the chicken. It took about twenty minutes to prepare the dish. “Eunjo! Table 13 is ready!” You yelled to Eunjo as she left the kitchen. She walked backwards into the kitchen, she took the dish away.

“Here is your roast rosemary chicken and vegetables, is there anything else I can help you with?” Eunjo asked. The man shook his head. Eunjo backed away. She came back to the kitchen.

“Um… Diyeon… Did Seowan come to work?” Eunjo asked you.

“I’m not sure,” You replied simply.  “You should go back out, you have some tables still,” You instructed Eunjo, she went out grumbling. “All clear,” you said to Seowan, who was hiding from Eunjo.

“Gomawa,” Seowan thanked you. The door burst open, Seowan dived down, thinking it was Eunjo.

“An order of bonito with onion, for table three,” Taewoo, a part time waiter read.

“Seowan, it’s not Eunjo,”

“Seowan hyung is not here, noona,” Taewoo insisted.

“He is,” You replied kicking Seowan.

“That hurt, Diyeon!” Seowan complained, coming up from under your prep table.

“Hyung, you really were there!” Taewoo gasped. The door bust open again, Seowan dived under your prep table, again.

“A slice of  ricotta pie for table 13!” Eunjo yelled. “Got that Mikyeon?” She yelled over to the pastry chef, Mikyeon

“Yes, Eunjo, I got it!” Mikyeon yelled back. “And good timing, a fresh pie came out a few minutes ago,” Mikyeon said handing Eunjo the plate with a slice of pie on it.

“Oh, and Diyeon, boss want you to take a round,” Eunjo addressed. You walked around to the door, with Eunjo at your side, you went to the left of the restaurant, you made your way to the thirteenth table, where a man with red hair was sitting, eating a slice of pie. He was alone, he looked familiar, but you couldn’t put your finger on it.

You approached him, “Hello, How’s your meal today?” You asked him.

“Very good, the chicken was amazing!” He complemented you.

“Well, thank you! It looks like your almost done with your meal, I’ll let you finish up.” You excused yourself.

“Jagamonyong!” He called after you, you turned back to him.

“Yes?” You smiled.

“You have a sesame seed on your cheek,” He stated. You wiped your cheek. “It’s still there,” He smiled. You wiped your cheek again, the man stood up and wiped your cheek. “It’s off now,” He smiled.