Chapter 7-A

Gemini

 

 

Flashback…

Twinkle, twinkle little star…

Yoona’s mom smiles as she watch her six year old daughter, so young and so innocent with her little hands raise up to the stars, singing happily to the night sky.

How I wonder what you are…

She and her husband might not have the kind of life that people might dream of. But whenever they look at their two children, they know that what they have is so much better than what people are slaving their whole lives for.

She plants a soft kiss on her Yoona’s forehead. The girl was sitting on her lap as they spend the night on their backyard.

“Do you know that most of the stars have names?”

“Really? Like Yoona?” Yoona stares back at her, with those doe eyes in wonder.

She chuckles at her daughter’s naivety… “No sweetheart, like they’re name after Gods…”

“Jesus Christ?”

“No…” realizing that her 6 year old daughter might not fully understand what she’s saying, she decided to stop. “No… I’ll explain it to you when you get a bit older… But out of all the stars, my favorite one is Gemini.”

“Gemini?”

“Yes, it means twins… and there is a story behind it.”

Yoona scoot comfortably in her mom’s lap eager to listen to her mom’s story.

“They’re about twin brothers who love each other very much. So, when one of the brothers went to heaven, his other brother became very sad.”

“I’ll be sad too…” Yoona’s eyes were quickly filled with sadness.

“But he never gave up so he asks God if he could stay with his brother. And because he was a very good boy, God listen to him and now they’re together always in heaven.”

She smiles when she sees her daughter forehead all scrunch up deep in thought.

“Maybe you and your Donghae oppa will be like that”

“No…” Yoona shakes her head.

“No?” Her mother asks surprisingly.

“No… me and Yuwi unnie” Yoona smiled happily at the thought of her bestfriend. “If she leaves, I’ll be very sad. But I’ll be a good girl so if someone takes her away from me, when I pray, Jesus will say yes and give unnie back to me. And we’ll be together for a long time.”

Yoona’s mother had mistaken her answer for friendship and loyalty with Yuri. How would she know that at six years old, it was her daughter’s way of telling her, that Yuri is the one that she’s going to love forever?

End of flashback…

*

Yoona closes on the door behind her, with their kisses constantly playing on her mind.

“What is going on, Yoona?”

The stern voice of her mother was enough to jolt Yoona’s daydream back into reality.

“Mama?”

Yoona’s mom starts shaking her furiously, refusing to believe that her daughter had turned into this.

“What is happening Yoona? What is going on between you and Yuri?! Is she forcing you to do this?!”

Yoona was left stammering and her mom ends up shaking her more, hoping that at the same time she could shake some sense on her daughter too.

“How could you do this?! And in our own home?! Don’t you even feel ashamed of herself?! You know how close I am to ripping you off her?!”

Yoona wanted to run away, she wasn’t ready for this, not now. But her mom was holding on to her tightly, demanding some answers to question that Yoona doesn’t even know the answers herself.

“Why?! What am I doing wrong?” Yoona defended herself.

Her mom looks at her as if she was crazy “What world are you living in to think that being with another woman is right?!!!” Her mom cries furiously “And out of all people, you choose Kwon Yuri! What would Mr. and Mrs. Kwon think if they find out.”

“I…I don’t know…” Yoona responded very meekly.

“What would your father think if he finds out?”

“I..I don’t know…” Yoona answered with a weak voice.

“You don’t know! You don’t know! That’s because you weren’t thinking when you were in our backyard kissing her!!! You didn’t think of how many people are going to get hurt if this goes on!!!!”

“Weren’t you the one who always tell me that I should be friends with her?”

“Friends don’t do the things that you two were doing!!!”

“Hey… Hey…” An irritated Donghae steps out of his room when all the screaming woke him up. “What’s all this noise?!”

“Do you know about this?”

“Bout what?”

“Your sister and Kwon Yuri!!!!”

Donghae and Yoona exchanged knowing glances until Donghae finally spoke “Oh really?”

Yoona was close to hitting Donghae. How could he deny everything when he was the one who basically push them together?

“I didn’t know… I thought they were just really good friends…” He chuckles heartily… “My bad…”

“You think this is funny?”

“Oh… c’mon mom… Girl on girl? That’s like the in thing right now…”

“You’re not helping… You” Yoona’s mother points at her. “You better stop this… or else”

“Or else what?”

“You live in my house, you follow my rules. You understand me…”

Yoona could merely nod… And as worried as she is right now, Yoona’s mom knows she has nothing to be nervous about. Knowing her daughter, her innocent and meek daughter, there was no way that she wouldn’t obey.

*

Donghae was able to duck as Yoona throws her book at him.

“Nice throw, I see Yuri helping you with that…”

“Oh shut it!” Yoona snaps angrily at him.

“What’s wrong?” Donghae asks such an obvious question.

“How could you do that? You could have at least help me out there.”

“Defending you against mom won’t help anything… she’s pissed right now… give her time to cool off. Then, maybe I’ll talk to her.”

“Maybe?”

Donghae didn’t like the tone in Yoona’s voice. “Wait… why are you so worried what mom might think?”

“Because I… I” Yoona stammered, struggling to find an answer.

But Donghae already knew it even before Yoona could figure it out. “Oh ho… wait… don’t tell me that, you actually fallen for Yuri?”

Yoona tries to walk away but Donghae yanks her back to look at him.

“Did you?”

If Yoona wants to protect Yuri and what they have from the world, she needs to lie. “N-no.”

But Donghae knows better but it would be good if Yoona found out for herself. “Well, better be careful.”

Yoona looks back at her brother surprisingly.

“Because we all know that in the end… the two of you, are just going to end up hurting each other. ”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Because I want you to be the one who comes out of it, with less hurt.”

Donghae might have said a sound advice, but it was too little, too late.

*

“Hey”

Tiffany settles on the spot opposite of Jessica, she looks surprisingly as Jessica lighted up her cigarette, polluting the nice balcony air with her cancerous smoke.

“Didn’t know you smoke.”

“Didn’t know you were a conniving little b!tch, so I guess that makes us even” Jessica blew a perfect circle of smoke in front of Tiffany’s face.

“I’m not” Tiffany says through her gritted teeth.

“Oh really, so what do you call someone who tries to snake someone else’s lover? A B!tch, right?”

“Hey!” tiffany might be nice but she won’t let just anybody step on her like that “You told me that if I wanted Yuri, I need to play dirty.”

“Tiffany, you’re acting like being a b!tch is such a bad thing, but it’s not. B!tches rule the world, while the nice girls could only dream of it. You and Yoona are both good girls, but the one who has the more want to, will obviously win Yuri.”

“Yuwree loves Yoona”

“Then… make her love you. Knowing Yoona, she’s too weak, one little snap and she’ll break into pieces.”

“What’s with you and Yoona? I’m starting to think it’s not about me and Yuri but you and her.”

Tiffany’s statement caught Jessica off guard, but as usual Jessica got back off her feet quick.

“Because they are all the same, users. And I don’t want my cousin to get hurt than she already is. Yuri can’t be the one fighting the whole time, so when she sees Yoona backing off, eventually it’ll kill her and that’s where you step in. To whisk Yuri away to your happily ever after”

“Sound easy but it’s so damn hard to do.”

“It is.. you have the deck, you just don’t realize it. All you need to do is give Yuri, something that Yoona haven’t given her yet.”

“I don’t know what that is… please enlighten me…” Tiffany answer was full of sarcasm but Jessica dismissed it because Jessica knows that her answer would be enough to shut up Tiffany.

“Just sleep with her.”

Tiffany leans back in her chair, not knowing how to answer back to that. And Jessica smiled knowing that she was right once again. In fact, when was she ever wrong?

*

“Just drop me here…”

Yuri looks surprisingly at Yoona, Yoona’s house is another block away…

“Bye” Yoona softly brushes her lips on Yuri’s… But now that Yuri knows how good Yoona’s lips taste, a soft kiss won’t do.

“Your house is like a block from here… I’m not going to let you walk.”

“It’s no big deal, Yuri” Yoona lies… “Bye…” Yoona steps out of the car, she starts walking home, she turns around and sees Yuri running towards her. “Yuri… get back in your car.”

“It’s ok there,” Yuri shrugs nonchalant as if her car was a piece of junk “I needed a workout anyway…” She reaches out for Yoona’s hand and felt Yoona’s hand just hanging lifelessly on hers and Yuri wouldn’t let that happen. She intertwines their fingers, making sure Yoona won’t let go.

“What’s going on with you?”

“I said nothing… I’m ok.” Yoona lies some more…

Yuri would give up the world to make Yoona feel better, but she wasn’t going to force it out of her. All she could ever do is let Yoona know that she would always be there for her.

“Well… ok, if you say so…” Yuri wraps her arms around Yoona “I’m right here, Yoona… I’m not going away anytime soon…”

Yoona tilts her head to fit the crane of Yuri’s neck… And Yoona finds it comforting yet at the same time exhilarating how their bodies seem to perfectly fit together.

“Please take me away from here”

*

“Is this okay?”

Yoona could only muster a nod, since until now she’s still stunned by the gorgeous sight in front of her, beach that stretch out for miles, and the crystal clear blue water and what’s more amazing is that, it was just her and Yuri, just like it’s their own world.

“I… I love it.”

Yoona smiles as she felt Yuri’s arms wrap around her.

“I’m glad you like it” Yuri smiles while planting a soft kiss on Yoona’s shoulder. “Now let’s go…” Before Yoona could answer, Yuri have already carried a yelping Yoona down to the waters.

And if Yoona could have stay there, she would stay right here with Yuri forever.

*

It was dark when the two finally got back inside Yuri’s car, exhausted from all the water fight, screaming and kissing…

“Hey…” Yuri says warningly as she sees Yoona wiping herself. “Go change, I don’t want you to get sick.”

“I might be skinny but I’m much stronger than I look.”

“You weren’t so strong when you try to get out of wrestling” Yuri says mockingly…

“Well… maybe because I don’t want to get out of it” Yoona says with a glint of mischief in her voice.

They find themselves laughing again, but just one gaze and the two were immediately speechless. Yoona tries to look away, to hide her blush but Yuri coaxed her to look back at her. The two remain in their comfortable silence. Until Yuri takes Yoona and kisses her again, even if they spend their whole afternoon kissing in the beach, Yuri don’t think she ever had enough. To put it simply, Yuri was an addict and Yoona was her drug.

Yuri pulls Yoona closer to her, making the girl straddle on her lap. Even with the cramp space in her car, the two girls think that their gap will never be close enough. Their tongues tasting each other and their hands, how they act by themselves traveling to places where it shouldn’t been.

As their kiss got heavier, Yuri presses the lever to make the driver seat decline to its lowest. They pull away from their kiss, breathless, their foreheads press against each other for support.

They both know where this might head…

Yoona knows that she came into their relationship with nothing. And it scared her that what if time will come and Yuri would walk away, what could she ever do or give to make Yuri stay? She came into their relationship with herself and that’s all she could ever give Yuri. The thought of being touched frightened her, but as Yuri’s hand travel from her neck, her chest, stomach and finally between her thighs. She knew that she was ready for Yuri to have her.

Yuri has wanted Yoona, the moment she realize what making love is, she have wanted it to be with Yoona. But during those days, she was hopeless so she tries to quench her lewd thoughts by being with other people. Unconsciously or screaming out Yoona’s name while making love to others.

Now they’re together and just inches close to each other. How Yoona would react will either make them or break them.

Yuri takes on Yoona’s lips, while tugging on Yoona’s shirt. Yoona pulls away from their kiss before finally nodding, urging Yuri to go on by lifting up her arms. Yuri pulls Yoona’s shirt off, throwing it on the passenger seat as Yuri dives in for more kisses, her hand bolder than where they are, a few minutes ago…

Slowly, Yuri’s hand travel up Yoona’s thighs, waiting to how Yoona might react. Will she stop it? Or will she let Yuri touch her?

“You’re shaking” Yoona whispers as she felt Yuri’s hand shiver as she presses her hand on Yuri’s between her thighs.

“I’m a…” Why was Yuri so scared? She has been with countless others before and it never scared her. She shakes her head, how could she ever compare those living dolls to Yoona? This was the girl that she have wanted, needed and craved for as long as she could remember and right now, she’s ready to make Yoona hers.

Yuri felt Yoona tremble when her hand went inside her jeans, but no matter how nervous Yoona was she was still able to whisper to Yuri.

“Make love to me…”

Yoona let out a gasp as she felt Yuri inside her.

“Are you okay?” Yuri whispers on Yoona’s neck, trying to calm Yoona’s nerves by pressing soft kisses on her neck.

Yoona nods, searching for Yuri’s lips to hide her shivers but their kisses was cut short, when Yoona starts finding it hard to breath at Yuri’s every touch.

And Yuri couldn’t help but smile, she loves how with her touch, she was able to take over Yoona. She sees Yoona eyes close, her name louder at her every . Yoona’s hands struggling to stay in control by trying to hold on to until Yoona digs her fingers into Yuri’s leather seat.

She felt Yoona getting close but instead of taking Yoona there, she played with her lover a bit, torturing her by slowing down and when she sees Yoona’s chest not moving as rapidly, she would quicken her pace. And for someone’s first time, Yoona definitely know what she wanted, moving together with Yuri’s caresses. Their love game lasted for a while until Yuri finally made Yoona collapse in her chest in a beautiful exhaustion.

Yuri presses her lips on Yoona’s hair, tangling her fingers on Yoona, smiling as she could see and hear Yoona short breaths and heaving back. Yuri didn’t know how someone who just did what they just did could still look as innocent as Yoona does when the girl look back at her with those doe eyes.

“I love you.” Yoona whisper between her gasps, leaning to kiss Yuri’s chest.

“I love you too…” Yuri whispers back before she kisses Yoona.

Yoona’s hand slowly made its way to Yuri’s pants and Yoona smile teasingly as she heard Yuri let out a gulp as she slips her hand inside her pants.

Yoona looks back up to Yuri before whispering.

“I want to make you feel good too…”

*

Yoona turns their backdoor knob slowly careful not to wake everyone. She slowly creeps in the darkness of their kitchen but ends up cursing between her teeth when the kitchen lights .

“So, where did you go?”

"I ummm… with Seohyun…” Yoona looks straight at the ground walking straight to her bedroom, obviously trying to hint to her mother that she doesn’t want to talk right now.

Yoona let out a yelp as her mom yanks her arm forcefully. She didn’t even have to look close to see the red marks on Yoona’s neck.

Yoona winces as she felt the stinging pain from her mother’s slap.

“YOU’RE DISGUSTING!!!!” And it didn’t stop with one slap, her mother was starting to hit Yoona harder and harder, frustration and dismay flying along with her slaps and hits. “YOU LET HER TOUCH YOU! AND MARK YOU!!!”

Yoona could only cover herself up with her arms, her mother’s hits weren’t letting on any second now.

“ANSWER ME!!!”

“What do you want to know?!” Yoona finally cried out.

“Why are you doing this to us?! What did me and your father ever do to deserve this? We don’t have a lot Yoona, but me and your father have always been so proud of how we raised you and your oppa and now you do this?! YOU DO THIS?!” Yoona balled up in fear as her mom screams at her face while shaking her furiously. “You left us with nothing, Yoona! Nothing!”

“I’m not hurting anyone…”

“Not hurting anyone? Did you ever think of how me and your father feel?”

“B-but what about what I feel?”

“What you feel is wrong!!!! And you’re my daughter Yoona, is it wrong if I don’t want my daughter to be judged and look at with disgust?”

“You think I don’t know that, mama?!”

Yoona’s mother eyes widen. What have Yuri done to her daughter? Her meek and obedient daughter, to have Yoona shout back at her like that?

“Don’t you talk back to me, young lady!”

“I just need you to know this mama…But there is nothing else in the world that I want more other than Yuri. And it kills me, that people tries to take away from me the only person that I want to be with.” Yoona holds her mom’s hand pleadingly “But I know I’ll be okay, if you’re with me… So, please mama, please say you’ll stay with me… that you’ll understand how I feel for Yuri.”

“I can’t and I don’t think I’ll ever will” Her mom says in a low yet harsh tone.

And it hurt Yoona, that her own mother, chose to side with the world rather than with her.

“And I’m giving you another chance, Yoona, us or her?”

Her mom took Yoona’s silence as a hint, she storms inside Yoona’s room, swinging the closet door open and starts hauling Yoona’s clothes at her.

And Yoona, broken and crumbling into pieces is on the ground, picking up her clothes…

“Mama… please don’t do this…” Yoona begs through her tears.

“Then, tell me that you’re leaving Yuri.”

There is nothing more that could hurt a mother than seeing her child, crying and so broken, just like the way Yoona was. And as much as she wants to wrap her arms around her precious daughter and comfort her, she couldn’t. As a parent she have to torture herself and pushed her daughter to the brink, just so Yoona could choose to do the right and acceptable thing.

And this was her Yoona, her sweet and loving Yoona, who never for once have disobeyed her or wronged her until now…

“Ask me to do anything mama, but I won’t leave Yuri.”

Yoona felt her heart being clenched tightly in a fist, ready to get ripped of her chest. It tortured her to hurt her mother like this, but what about her? She have been tortured and have finally starting to live again, when Yuri came back to her life. Doesn’t she have the right to be happy?

Her mother steps closer to her, her face the look of pained and anger staring back at her daughter quivering on her knees in the floor.

“Then. Get out”