Chapter 4

Gemini

 

 

“Yoona?”

Yoona wished she could run away than face Yuri right now. The kiss happened a week ago, but until now Yoona’s feelings are still as jumbled up as they were the first time their lips met. And it doesn’t help clear the confusion that Yuri was still there, every day, fighting for her when here she is ready to make a fool out of Yuri.

What did she ever do to have someone as good as Yuri fall so madly in love with her?

“Yuri hi…”

Yuri was about to open her passenger side door but instead Yoona swerve away and continued walking.

“Yoona? Where are you going?”

“I’m just going to ride the metrorail to school.”

Metrorail over a Mercedes benz? That was new… But again for Yuri it really wasn’t much of a choice. She quickly runs beside Yoona.

“Metrorail? Would you mind if I go with you?”

Yoona looks at Yuri incredulously, who on their right mind would choose a crowded metrorail over a mercedes benz?

“Yuri… you got a car, why don’t you just drive to school?”

Because I want to be with you, that was the right answer but instead Yuri lied to make herself look less pathetic “Ummm… I never rode one before so I think it would be cool.”

Yoona just sighs in defeat and nods, Yuri like a puppy tags along happily as they walk to the station.

*

Yoona didn’t want to do it but Yuri was as lost as ever that she had to take Yuri’s hand to make sure the girl find her way to school. After getting shoved inside the metrorail. Yoona motions Yuri to sit down.

“Sit…”

“What about you?” Yuri felt so defeated, this idea wasn’t working out… She looked like such a loser in front of Yoona, but the good part is, Yoona’s hand was holding hers for almost the whole trip.

“I’ll be okay here…”

Without any hesitation, Yuri offered her seat to somebody else much to Yoona’s dismay.

“Yuri? Why did you do that for?”

“I… I want to be close to you”

Yoona chuckles at Yuri’s cute confession. “We're like a feet apart, how close do you want us to be?”

Yuri stood behind Yoona, pressing her body closer while her arms slowly made its way around Yoona’s waist. “This close…” Yuri whispers…

And instead of pulling away, Yoona found herself leaning closer, matching Yuri’s heartbeat with hers. She should have pried Yuri’s arm off her waist, but instead, her finger playfully circles Yuri’s palm before twining their fingers.

It was strange, how even after all these years, Yoona still felt the same way when she’s wrapped in Yuri’s arms. The comfort, the warmth and the reassuring feeling that nothing in this world could hurt her as long as Yuri is with her.

Yoona tilts her head to perfectly crane her head in Yuri’s neck while Yuri leans close, resting her head on Yoona’s shoulder. For a while there, they had the world to themselves…

Only to be interrupted by the sudden stop of the metrorail… And that was enough to jolt Yoona back to reality, pulling away from Yuri as quickly as she can.

Yuri trailed Yoona all the way to school but before she could tell Yoona goodbye, Yoona have already disappeared into the corner, leaving Yuri to just long for her.


*

“I was wondering where you are?” Yuri turns around to the sound of someone’s teeth crunching, looking up from the ground she sees her friends Sooyoung and Hyoyeon standing there, looking at her like she’s crazy or something.

“There’s this cool sushi place that just open up, you want to go with us?” Hyoyeon peeps in.

Yuri tightens the grip of her bag strap, truth is, she really has no intention to go anywhere but with Yoona.

Yuri pushes herself off the wall and her face finally lights up as she sees the doe eyed girl stepping out of the school building. She was ready to greet her when the sight in front of her froze her.

Yoona laughing happily with the tall, dark haired basketball star. And Yuri saw it, the carefree laugh, the slight blush on Yoona’s face, the effect that he has on her.

“Hey… sorry about that, Yul…”

Yuri turns back and sees her friend giving her pitied looks and as much as she deserve those looks, it doesn’t really make her feel a bit better.

“I just think that Yoona well… she doesn’t swing that way… swing your way to be exact.”

“And that’s Taec, no matter what a huge A-hole he is, you know how these freshmen just fall for it?”

But the kiss, the time they had at the metrorail it must have meant something, right?

Oh wait… how could Yuri forget? Yoona is just using her…

*

Donghae and his friends were messing around when they see Yoona stepping inside a corvette.

“Whoah dude, didn’t know your sister and that Taec dude is hanging out?”

Donghae couldn’t help but get pissed cause he doesn’t know either…

“You better watch it, man, you know that Taec, can’t keep his thing inside his pants.”

And just by that thought, of her sister being taken advantage by this a$$hole, it took every ounce of strength from Donghae not to jump in and rip Taec apart.

*

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were understanding enough to give Yuri some space, space for her to think of what the hell is she doing wrong. She was walking blankly unaware of the white BMW trailing her.

“Hey!”

No reply from the girl.

“KWON YURI!”

At the sound of her name Yuri finally look and sees a familiar face looking sternly at her. “Jessica…”

“What the hell, Yul? I have been calling you for like an hour, already?”

“sorry… I was just… thinking something…”

“Well, get in the car and tell me it. Are you seriously going to walk all the way to your place?”

“I… I was going to ride the metrorail”

“Yeah right, Kwon Yuri? Metrorail? Get your in this car now”

*

Jessica groans heavily, her arm felt stiff just looking at Yuri stir her hot choco for 30 minutes.

“So, what’s bugging you? That help’s kid still not giving you a chance in hell?”

“Her name is Yoona”

“Whatever.” Jessica rolls her eyes, she really don’t mingle with people lower than her “You actually think that it could work between you two?”

“I’m not letting what I am and our difference as a reason to quit. I’m going to fight for her, Jessica”

Nothing has ever change, her cousin was still as delusional as ever. “What drama are you watching, Yul? Like seriously… do you think there is a chance in hell that you two would ever end up together?”

“Why not?” Yuri asks so innocently…

“So, Yul, did you ever just lust for her?”

“W-what?” The question was enough to startled Yuri.

“Like when you lay in bed, do you fantasize about her?”

“I… I” By the blush in Yuri’s face the answer couldn’t been more obvious “I want to make love to her.”

“Well, then just do that… just bang her.”

Yuri looks at Jessica angrily. “She’s not a game to me, Jessica… Yoona is the girl that I love…”

"Your love for Yoona, it’s too innocent, too pure…”

Yuri wondered why Jessica was saying it as if it was a mistake.

“You’re never going to make her love you back that way” Now Jessica got Yuri’s full attention “Cause we all know it’s the one who’s willing to break the rules, the one who’s willing be shunned and the one who’s ready to fight the world who in the end, gets the girl.”

But Yuri is willing to do that, what does she need to do to prove that?

“So, if you stay like this buddy, stay in your delusional fairy tale… Then, you might as well go to a convent and be a nun cause there is no way that Yoona would want a fukcing damsel in distress like you when what she really need is a prince to rescue her.”

And there is nothing Yuri would want to do but to whisk Yoona away and rescue her.

*

Yoona couldn’t wait to step out of the corvette, Taecyeon was way too touchy for his own sake, Yoona spend most of their dinner trying to squirm away from his touch and his gaze. As Yoona was about to step out the car, Taecyeon was quick to put his hand on her thigh.

“I had a great time”

And before Yoona knows it, Taecyeon had slip his tongue in , suffocating her in sloppy kisses. Yoona had only kissed two people. Yuri and him, but the two are not even worth comparing. Yuri’s kisses were sweet, loving and addicting while Taec was just lustful and aggressive.

Yoona couldn’t have been more glad to see Donghae’s face until now. As her big brother taps on the car window. Taec curse under his breath before lowering his window.

“Hey Donghae”

“Fukc off, Yoona step out now…”

Taecyeon only laugh in triumph, seeing how he had pissed off donghae.

“See you tomorrow, baby girl.”

“See you.”

Taec didn’t have the sense of shame and kissed Yoona in front of Donghae again, before Yoona pushes him away.

*

Yoona quickly try to outrun Donghae but her brother could prove to be fast too.

“Of all the sh!theads in the world, you chose the biggest one”

“We just went out to eat then he took me home” Yoona explains while trying to look busy, hoping Donghae would get the hint that she wants to be left alone.

Too bad, her brother didn’t took the bait. “And you let him do that to you on your first date?!”

“He did it all of a sudden, I was surprised too…”

“Yeah right…” Donghae scoffs “You didn’t realize he was kissing you until what? you felt him slobbering in your mouth?”

“What’s your problem?!” Yoona snaps at him

“You? with him? You know the kind of guy he is and still you went out with him”

“I…I… I just find him attractive that’s all..”

“He just finds you attractive too, but after he get in your skirt, let’s see if he’s still wants you.”

Yoona grits her teeth out, Donghae was just pushing her and she was so close to exploding back “You know what? Maybe I’ll just date him to piss you off!”

“Then, go ahead do this, see if I care!”

“Good. Then get off my case!”

“I will. But let’s see how Yuri could stand this”

Yoona froze at the sound of Yuri’s name.

“How stupid could you be Yoong? You have someone like Yuri who loves you and you choose a guy who only wants to get a piece of you?! She saw you, Yoong, prancing around in Taec’s arms. You think she likes that? Likes seeing you with someone else?”

“I don’t care what she thinks of me” Yoona lies.

But donghae knows Yoona better than she knows herself… “Okay… you choose to let the opportunity go just so you could sleep around with that a$$? then go ahead. I wonder how you’re going to live a life without Yuri.”

Donghae walks away, leaving the bitter, lasting impression of his words playing in Yoona’s head.

Could she really? Could she live a life without Yuri?
 

*

Yuri have tuned out Jessica’s yapping and caught sight of the simple one story home.

“Just drop me off here”

“Wait… Yul…”

But before Jessica could protest, Yuri have already stepped out of her car running towards the door.

“Yuri?” Yoona looks surprise to see Yuri visiting her at that time at night.

“Yoona? Can we talk?”

Yoona close the door behind her and followed Yuri to their small front yard. Yuri stuck her hands inside her jacket’s pocket, moving around as if unsure of how to say it.

“Yuri? Is there a reason why you’re here?”

“Ummm… I have been seeing you and Taec around often, is there… is there something going on between you two?”

“What if there is?”

Yoona quickly turns away as she sees Yuri’s eyes just mirrored her broken heart. She expect Yuri to step back, to walk away just like what Donghae said but instead Yuri’s action surprised her when Yuri grabs her hand, looking back at her with those pleading eyes.

“Then, let me fight for you. Let me prove to you Yoona, that it’s me who you should be with.”

“Yuri could you stop this?” For Yoona’s sake and for Yuri’s too… Yoona wished that Yuri would stop it.

“No… I can’t.”

“Yuri, didn’t you ever think that all you ever felt for me is nothing? That you’re just in love with a memory… you’re in love with the feeling of having someone beside you all the time. IT’s not me who you love, it’s the convenience that I came along with…”


Yuri had enough of people telling her how she’s suppose to feel, she took it from Jessica and now Yoona?

“How would you know that?! How would you know how I feel? Does Taec’s world revolve around you just like how you revolve in mine? Does he feel so lost? So incomplete whenever you’re not with him the way I feel when you’re not with me? Does he, Yoona? Does he love you the way that I do?”

The answer was No because no one in this world could love Yoona, the way Yuri can.

“I… I don’t know” Yoona answers hesitantly.

“Then, choose me…”

Yoona couldn’t turn away from those pleading brown eyes.

“And I swear Yoona, people won’t need to asks you if I love you because they will see it. But if ever they still doubt it and asks you if I love you, you won’t even need to hesitate because the answer will always be yes. And I will spend the rest of my life proving to you why.”

Yoona takes their join hands and put it around her shoulders, before pressing her forehead on Yuri’s. She takes a shaky breath until finally saying…

“Then, prove it.”

And Yuri lays her lips on Yoona, proving to her the reason why…