Chapter 9 - Reasons

Gemini

 

 

Taeyeon drags out that night’s trash, hurling the black bag that’s almost as big as her to the dumps. She was about to head back to the shop when she heard some bizarre noises.

“Jessica-shii?” Taeyeon steps closer at the girl curled up in the alley crying… “Are you o-“ But before Taeyeon could reach out to her, Jessica had slap away Taeyeon’s hand.

“Get your filthy hands off me!!!” Jessica snarls

Taeyeon quickly pulled away… “I…I’m…I’m sorry…”

“JUST LEAVE ME!”

Taeyeon nods and walks away… When Jessica heard the kitchen backdoor close, she resumed crying, her tears drown out the sound everywhere, yet her tears didn’t stop the feeling of someone crouching beside her. She turns and Taeyeon was sitting there, holding out a coffee cup.

“Here.”

Taeyeon has her hands stretch out and Jessica growls before looking away. But the golden haired girl seems pretty determined for her to have the coffee. Jessica just grabs it and hurls it at the wall.

“Now leave.” Jessica commands Taeyeon.

Taeyeon pushes herself up and starts to walk away, but not before turning back at Jessica.

“Just in case you need one, Jessica-shii… I’ll be working until late. You know people call you the devil, but I think you’re human, who’s just smarter than most of us and who never let your emotions get in the way. You’re human, Jessica-shii… it’s okay to admit that you get hurt too…”

*

Tiffany glances every so often as Yuri browses through her notes.

“I guess you’ll never forgive me, huh?”

Yuri didn’t even bother to look at her. “I don’t give a crap about you throwing yourself at me, but I’ll never forgive you for saying those stuff about Yoona.” Yuri finally turned to Tiffany. “You’re in my sh!t list now…”

“If people that hates Yoona are the people that is going to be on your sh*tlist, then, prepare to write the name of every person in this school.”

“Well let me take out my IPAD and go ahead, Fany… start naming…”

Tiffany groans and walks to the podium, putting on her eyesmile that was able to silence the buzzing college crowd.

“Good morning…”

Tiffany was welcomed with cheers and hoots, and Tiffany stay quiet for a second cherishing the praises and admirations…Everyone in their university would kill to be in Yuri’s shoes, everyone wants her except the person that she would have wanted.

“As you all know our university week is fast approaching and every year we chose our ideal man and girl to represent our school. This poll is conducted by ballots and of course social media. So, let me end the suspense and let me reveal to you, who everyone chose to be our University idol…”

Tiffany opens the letter…

“How come I’m not surprise? We all love him, good looks, top ranking student and of course bringing our university to greatness by winning the National college basketball league. Everyone please give a round of applause to the man, Ok Taecyeon!!!”

Yuri grits her teeth at the sound of his name. The whole school might worship the ground he walks on but Yuri despised him, hated him to her deepest core. She couldn’t bear the thought of this man with his filthy hands all over Yoona.

Taecyeon walks in the stage, enjoying the screams, all for his glory. He was a God to these people. He turns to the dark haired beauty drilling those dark brown eyes intently at him… He wished he could stare back at her, just so she wouldn’t know that he wouldn’t falter to her, but he turns away.

Because even he falls on his knees to the Goddess Kwon Yuri…

Taecyeon settled in his seat as Tiffany opens the other letter.

“Now let’s see who is the lucky girl that Taec will pair off with?” She reads the paper, her eyes widen in surprise before looking for a certain girl in the crowd.

So this is what you’re planning, huh Jessica?

“Well… well… well… who do we have here?” Tiffany turns towards Yuri… “A new girl, a fresh face, a new name… I think its time for the whole world to know…”

Even though no one in the world could curve their lips as deviously as Jessica, right now the smile that Tiffany gives Yuri looks pretty damn close…

“That the lucky girl is no other than… Im Yoona…”

It took every fiber of Yuri’s strength not to get up and rip that letter to shreds but she remained composed, she didn’t need to react not when everyone in the auditorium is doing it for her.

Who is she?

Isn’t she the one constantly seen with Yuri-shii?

I heard she’s just the kid’s help…

“Come on up Yoona..” Tiffany flashes that carbon copy Jessica smile. “Come up on stage and join your man…”

And Yuri clenches her fist, she was certain that now Tiffany was pushing it… pushing her to the edge. But just when she’s about to react, the sight of Yoona was able to calm down Yuri’s senses. Yoona walks up on stage and everyone’s whispers suddenly put on mute.

Because no one could find the right word to say to describe the angelic beauty…

Yoona’s eyes lock on Yuri’s the whole time, only turning away when she felt an arm snake around her waist. Within seconds, Yoona turned away from Taec’s sleazy smile and overpowering perfume.

“So, we meet again…”

And if Yuri had her baseball bat right now, she doubt Taecyeon would still smiling the way he is right now…

*

“Yul?”

Yoona steps inside their apartment and sees Yuri sitting on their couch, lifelessly swirling her wine around the glass.


“Hi…” Yoona walks closer and presses a kiss on Yuri’s cheek before heading back to the kitchen “Hold on, why are you drinking?”

“I had a bad day just needed something to calm me down…” Yuri says while she sips back her wine to the last drop.

“I didn’t know you drink”

“I do… What else do you want to know about me, huh Yoona?”

There was a mocking tone in Yuri’s voice and Yoona chose to ignored it rather than fight back…

“Sorry I got in late, I had to pull out an extra shift” She continues as she arrange their dinner out on a table. But before she could lay them all out, Yuri’s body pressed closely to her, froze her.

“I miss you…”

It almost made Yoona shiver as she felt Yuri’s hot breath on her neck…

“I was only gone for a couple of hours…”

“I can’t help it…” Yuri says planting kisses on Yoona’s neck up to her jawline “I just need you too much…”

Yuri didn’t know if it was the alcohol or not, but she didn’t think it matter… She needed Yoona badly whether she’s sober or not…

Yoona tilts her head sideways to meet with Yuri’s kisses and she didn’t know what made it more addicting, the taste of wine in Yuri’s mouth or the taste of Yuri herself?

“Do you need me too, Yoona?”

“More than you’ll ever know…”

Yuri pushes Yoona up to sit at the edge of the kitchen counter, and within seconds, Yuri have pulled down Yoona’s jeans while Yoona helps Yuri by shrugging them off her legs. Yuri bends down and plants kisses up Yoona’s thighs, smiling as she felt Yoona tremble at every inch she got closer. Yoona’s fingernail rakes into the hard tile, her body begging to stay in control of her but failed as Yuri tasted her and at the same time controlling her…

And dinner was a thing of the past as the lovers have savored something more addicting and more satisfying.

*

The two didn’t even make it back to their bedroom and instead just fell on the couch, their bodies intertwined underneath the blanket that Yuri wrapped them around.

“Yul?”

“Yes?” Yuri presses a soft kiss on Yoona’s hair and Yoona looks up to look at Yuri…

“I don’t want you to worry about me being with Taec.”

“I trust you, it’s him that I don’t trust.”

“Look, if you want… I could back out, no big deal.”

“What?” As much as Yuri would have wanted for Yoona to do that, she wouldn’t do that. Tiffany was right at some point, the whole world needed to know who Yoona was. “Don’t do that. It’s okay…”

Yoona kisses Yuri’s chest then snuggling back into the warmth, enjoying the feel of Yuri’s fingers running through her hair.

“Yoong?”

“Hmmm…”

“I hope you don’t mind me asking but… how far did you let Taec touch you?”

“Ummm… we kissed”

Yoona regretted ever saying those as she felt Yuri stiffened in their embrace.

“But that’s it…” Yoona quickly added “I was… I was so confused those days…”

“About what?”

“About me and you, about how I feel about you. That’s why I kissed Taec cause maybe it’ll make the feelings I have for you go away or at least hidden.”

Yuri couldn’t help but feel the jealousy and hurt just taking over her. How the world would see Yoona and Taec as a perfect couple despite of all the wrong motives and reasons, but them, with their selfless and real feelings and still the world would see her and Yoona as a mistake. But it hurt her more that Yoona herself see them that way.

“You didn’t know if you love me?”

“I know…. It’s just that… I was scared of admitting it. Everything about us is so wrong and I’m scared of how people would see me if I be with you…” Yoona confessed before looking back at Yuri “I’m a coward, Yul. You’re the only person who sees what we have as right and it’s hard Yul.”

“It’s not gonna get any easier Yoong, what will you do if that time comes? Do I have to fight by myself?” Yuri presses her forehead on Yoona… “Because you know that I will, I’ll keep on trying”

“What if we run out of reasons to try?”

Yuri lays her lips on Yoona’s forehead before tilting the younger girl’s chin to look at her. “I don’t need a million reasons… You’re the only reason I need…” Yuri confesses before pulling Yoona in her embrace “Let me be your only reason too…”

And in their embrace, they found their reason. A reason to ignore the world around them, a reason to fight and a reason to love…

*

Donghae gives out a low whistle as he steps inside Yoona’s apartment.

“Some place you have here, sis”

His eyes then drifted to the slightly ajar bedroom door, or more off to the Goddess sleeping. Yuri was wrapped around waist down in blankets but her back remains fully exposed for Donghae to fantasize about.… But before Donghae’s mind start imagining things, Yoona have shut the door softly, careful not to wake up Yuri.

“So, how much did Yuri pay for this?”

“Ummm… she didn’t”

“What?”

“I’m paying for this” Yoona says proudly “I got lucky because the management was doing some kind of promo”

Donghae scoffs “And you believe that?”

Yoona’s face suddenly turned sullen. “I do. Why would they lie to me like that?”

Donghae just shakes his head at his sister, the girl could be too naïve sometimes…

“So, ummm… how’s everyone?”

“Good.” Truth is, their family is far from better eversince Yoona left. Their father almost never comes home. He was too angry at his wife for throwing out his daughter without letting him talk to Yoona. “Dad misses you…”

“I miss them too… But… I don’t know what to say…”

“Sorry?”

“For what? I didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Oh… this? this lesbian affair you have with our boss’ daughter, it’s suppose to be right?”

“What do you want, oppa?”

Donghae steps closer to Yoona… “I know that I’m the one who practically shoved you to Yuri, but I need you to end all of this now.” He says in a hush tone just so the girl inside the bedroom could not hear them.

“If I say no to mama, what made you think that I’ll listen to you?”

“Because this is it… this is the only thing that mama could do to you, she could just throw you out. But if this keeps going on, Yoona…” Donghae exhales shakily “You’re only going to get hurt. Hurt really bad. There are people out there, who just want to see you suffer…”
“What’s with you, oppa? What’s going on?”

And Donghae remains quiet, should he tell her about the mistake he made that is out to ruin her life? Or should he just try and fix things himself?

“Don’t worry Donghae I won’t let anyone do that.”

Donghae and Yoona turns toward the bedroom door, Yuri was looking at them with those piercing dark brown eyes, before taking a step closer to them.

“How dare you come into our home and say this crap about us.” Yuri hissed

“I’m just looking out for my sister…” Donghae says through his gritted teeth

“Well, I’ll be taking care of her from now on.” Yuri says pressing Yoona closer to her.

Donghae glance at his sister, the girl was all cuddled to Yuri, as if she’s the only one who could protect Yoona.

“Fine. Whatever you say.” Donghae says raising her hand in mock surrender. “Good luck to both of you.” He says bitterly before he shows himself out. But as Yuri holds the door out for him, Donghae leans close “You could protect my sister all you want, because you got the power and the money but what happens if they take it all away from you? How are you going to protect her then?”

Donghae didn’t wait for an answer and walked out… Yuri did reply to him, but not in words but with a harsh slam of the door.

*

“Hey that was genius… You should have seen Yuri’s face when-”

Jessica remains unfazed, only her lips were moving when she would take constant sips of her beverage.

“Are you okay?”

Tiffany jumps as Jessica’s fist slams the table.

“What’s up with people getting on my business?! I’m okay… I’m fukcing okay, get it?”

“Alright… alright…” Tiffany backs off, she was used to the calm yet vindictive Jessica but this volatile Jessica is scaring her as much “I just got worried.”

Jessica scoffs “I thought we weren’t friends? So, why on Earth do you care?”

“I didn’t mean it like that…” Tiffany didn’t, right now Jessica is the only one who knows how desperate she is and having Jessica still beside her right now, still accepting her makes Jessica her only real friend.

“Look Tiffany… thanks for your fake concern but I could handle myself…”

“Jessica… if you need some-“

“I don’t need anybody” Jessica cuts Tiffany before she could finish anything. “Now excuse me, I have somewhere much better to go to…”

*

Mr. Kwon was a man people feared and respected, he wasn’t royalty but he might as well be with how honored and respected he is. In a way, he became a king ruling his land with an iron fist and a stern judgment.

He sees the boy walking towards him, his very own son was a disappointment constantly throwing his cash on fast cars and even faster women, but the young man approaching him gives him a lot of promise that’s why he never hesitated for once in paying his and his younger sister’s school in a prestigious university because someday he sees this boy running a part of his company someday.

“Mr. Kwon…”

“Donghae, come in my boy…”

“I hope I didn’t come in a bad time…”

“I could always spare some time for important meetings. So, what is this about?”

Mr. Kwon crosses his leg and sits back on his chair, watching intently as Donghae fiddled nervously with his shirt. The young man then takes a deep breath before finally speaking.

“I want to talk to you about something…”

“Ok… what is it?”

“I want to tell you about Yuri…”

“Yuri?”

Donghae almost froze at the tone of Mr. Kwon’s voice. It comes as a no surprise on why Mr. Kwon talk that way about Yuri. The youngest child and only girl among three is Mr. Kwon’s favorite. Donghae knows he is stuck on a predicament right now and he needed to thread carefully cause one wrong word and his family could be out in the streets.

“What about Yuri?”

“Yuri and my sister…”

“You mean Yoona?”

Donghae takes a deep breath but he needed to do this if he wanted to protect Yoona. Yoona and Yuri needed to end and this is the only way he knows how.

“Yes sir. Yuri and my sister are… lovers…”