Chapter 12

Gemini

 

 

Yuri have been taught and she believes she have been taught well in hiding her emotions. Love, need and most especially never show anyone your fear. But it’s too blatant right now, with how shaky Yuri’s hand is as she holds the eviction notice and how her tears was ready to fall off her eyes the very second that she blinks.

“B-but this can’t be…” Her voice sounded shaky even if she tries to control it not to be.

“Yul?”

Yuri didn’t turn to look at Yoona. She couldn’t… She couldn’t face Yoona especially in her weakest…

“Yoong not now, ok?”

But Yoona presses on.“What’s happening?”

“GET INSIDE I’LL HANDLE THIS!” Yuri’s voice was loud, clear and demanding. She wasn’t ready for Yoona to know about this, and Yoona’s questions only heightened Yuri’s anger. But the fury turned to an apologetic shame when she saw the frightened look on Yoona’s face.

“I’m sorry, love…” Yuri softens up “Can you go inside for a minute? I just have something to discuss with Mr. Kim”

Yoona knows better and steps back inside the apartment, closing the door behind her.

“So, I see that you haven’t told her…”

“Stay out of my business…”

Mr. Kim sneers cockily, before glaring back at Yuri with haughty eyes.

“I say you curb that arrogant attitude, Ms. Kwon… especially now that you have nothing.”

How dare does this man ever call Kwon Yuri nothing? As much as Yuri wanted to snap back at him, the words that he said created more questions in Yuri’s head.

“W-what are you talking about?”

“Mr. Kwon talk to me, he said if you want all of this fix. You should go to him.”

*

“Yul?”

Yuri came back inside their apartment, staggering towards their couch before burying her face in her hands.

“No Yoong… don’t look at me right now…”

“Yul?” Yoona sits down beside Yuri, wrapping her arms around the girl but Yuri was quick to swat it away.

“I SAID NO!!!” And just by Yoona’s look, Yuri quickly crumbles, one tear turned to two, two into three until Yuri was crying profusely. She should have felt alone, pathetic and vulnerable but instead crying have never felt so soothing…

Maybe it was because she was cradled in Yoona’s arms, and maybe because the love of her life was whispering to her, almost like a lullaby carrying her to sleep.

“I’m so sorry, Yoona… I shouldn’t have…”

“Shhhh…it doesn’t matter Yul…” Yoona coaxed Yuri to look at her, pressing her lips softly on Yuri’s.

“I should be protecting you…”

“Baby, it’s my turn… just cry Yul… just cry…”

And like a child, Yuri holds tighter into Yoona and cries.

*

Yuri has cried herself to sleep and Yoona carefully peeled away from her, walking into their room. When she knew that she’s far enough for Yuri to be able to hear her, she presses her forehead to the door and did what she has been trying hard not to do… Yoona cried. Only difference was, Yoona cried silently…

*

“Is there anything else I could get you?” Taeyeon says politely…

“No… Tae” Tiffany smiles and at the same time giving her friend across the table from her a warning look. “Thanks…”

“See you later, Taetae…” Sunny answers in a sickeningly sweet voice.

Taeyeon just nods politely before walking away. She could never stand aegyo and people’s fascination to it, and Sunny’s was no different.

“Gosh Sunny could you calm down?” Tiffany says it more in amusement than a preach.

Sunny frowns when Tiffany interrupted her from watching Taeyeon’s backside swaying as she walks.

“What? You have to admit, Taeyeon is hot…”

“She is but she’s well…” Tiffany wanted to say the word poor, but she couldn’t utter it out. There was nothing wrong with being poor, yet nowadays, people see it as if it’s a disease.

“I know… I know… she’s like the star of her own drama, her parents are all dead and she has to take care of her younger siblings, but who cares?” Sunny throws all her caution in the wind, not like she has any in the first place. “I just want to take her out and bang her, it’s not like I’m going to marry her. Gosh Tiffany, you have been hanging out too much with that Jessica girl, she’s turning you into this judgmental b!tch.”

“Jessica?”

Tiffany could only say her name in a low, cautious voice. As if Jessica is a secret a very dirty one, that could change the way people would see Tiffany if they know.

“Yes her… What is going on between you two? You two aren’t lovers, right?”

“Oh no…” Tiffany shakes her head in protest “Oh God no…” What does Jessica knows about love anyway?

“Well good… cause she’s not a great person to hangout with.” Sunny leans in so Tiffany could hear some juicy secrets or gossip… “I heard, that’s why she went to the States for a year because she got knocked up.”

“I never heard of that.” Tiffany answers. Actually she did, she just choose not to believe gossip.

“I’m thinking it’s true with all the guys she’s been doing it with… I won’t be surprise if she has 10 kids already…”

“You are just too much…” Tiffany knew that Sunny didn’t mean any harm but those gossips are malicious, and even if Jessica acts like she got a frozen heart, Tiffany knew that this might hurt her. And Tiffany didn’t know why, she just don’t like the idea of Jessica getting hurt.

“But you know who they say the father is?”

“No… not that I care.”

“Well, I’m telling you anyway… It’s Im Donghae…”

Everyone turns towards their table as Tiffany’s coffee cup created a clattering sound around the café. Tiffany looks up and smiles apologetically at everyone…

“Oh Gosh, Fany…” Sunny laughs amusingly… “I was shock too, but I wasn’t that shock.”

“Im? Im Donghae?”

“Yeah… He’s Yoona’s big brother, you know Yoona… the girl rumored to be with Yuri.”

Now that’s a rumor that Tiffany chooses to ignore…

“I know Yoona.” Tiffany says harshly that it made Sunny move back “I perfectly know Yoona.”

It was a good thing Taeyeon swooped in between them that it closes a bit of the tension.

“Is everything ok, Tiffany-shii?” Taeyeon asks while wiping off the table.

“Yes.” Tiffany lies.

“Taetae…” Sunny butted in “I think Tiffany wants to ask you something, right Tiffany?”

“I was?”

“Yes… Friday night, remember?”

“Oh yeah… ummm… I’m having a party at my place Friday night. I was wondering if you would like to go.”

“I…I would love too…” Taeyeon smiles, she rarely gets invited to parties especially the ones of the popular kids. But it wasn’t the invite that made Taeyeon’s day, it was the one inviting her. “Do I have to bring- Fany?”

Before Taeyeon could finish what she was about to say, Tiffany have already gathered up her stuff.

“I’m so sorry, I have to go, but I’ll hope to see you there…”

Taeyeon was shamelessly staring at Tiffany, watching until the sound of the café door got her out of her trance. She looks back at the spilled coffee, mortified of her blatant ogling, but if looking at Tiffany was the closest thing she could get. Then, she’s taking it.

*

The receptionist in Mr. Kwon’s office hurriedly put the phone down as she sees Yuri barged in through the double glass doors.

“Ms. Kwon… your father…”

“Go to hell.” Yuri shouts out before storming in to her father’s office.

She stop right in front of her father, fuming, agitated. She was beyond angry that words won’t even form in her head. But her father just sat behind his desk, his lips curving into a triumphant smile.

“Hello darling…”

Her father’s indifference didn’t do anything but infuriate Yuri more.

“Be quiet! What is all this?”

“All what, sweetheart?”

“Stop playing dumb and tell me what is happening…”

“You know who I am and you talk to me like you’re so much higher than me… When right now, Yuri you don’t amount to anything.”

This was the second time she heard that, how she was nothing. But it didn’t make things better, in fact it hurts worse especially since it was her own father who said it.

“It’s about you and your lover…”

“Yoona? You never cared about anybody else I dated, why on Earth do you give a crap now?”

“Because I see the effect she has on you, and I can’t have that… I can’t have my heir be control by a… a….maid.”

“Yoona might as well be a scum on this Earth but for me she’ll always be the one that I love.”

“Is it really love, Yul? because I have to admit she’s stunning. You might just be confusing love and lust, they could be quite similar.”

“What do you know about it? When you don’t even give a crap about mom.”

Mr. Kwon scoffs… “Why? Whoever said that I love your mom?”

Yuri steps away from her father. She knew she was a cold hearted man but how could he say something like that about her mother.

“Y-you’re sick…”

“And you’re my child. Soon, you would realize that you and I, we're almost the same person. If this girl loved you like she claims she does, she would walk away already.”

This time it was Yuri’s time to sneer. “That’s the difference between you and me dad, I have someone who’s willing to stay with me for better or worse. How about you?”

“We will see how long she stay when you have nothing or how long you would stay until you come begging me to live back home.”

Yuri gritted her teeth, her father was pushing her so close to the edge. But she knows her father well, she knows that that’s what he wants, for people to falter in front of him. But Yuri is never going to be one of them, she stood her ground and matches those dark, brooding glares with her own.

“This conversation ends now. All I need you to know is one thing.”

Yuri leans over the desk, making sure that her father could remember the look on her face, when she walks away.

“Leave my girl alone.”

*

“Yoona…” Yuri says apologetically but Yoona was quick to forgive with a quick kiss on the lips.

“You don’t have to explain anything…” Yoona puts her bags on the floor before wrapping her arms around Yuri’s shoulder. “Sometimes I still wonder what I ever do to deserve you…”

And Yuri felt tightened, there were so many words, so many actions to explain to Yoona why, but Yoona just playfully plays with Yuri’s hair before kissing her, she wasn’t rushing for an answer, they have their whole lifetime anyway.

“YOH! get a room…”

Yuri growls as Sooyoung opens “just in time” to catch her and Yoona kissing.

“But not mine… Have Hyo… Hyo!!!”

“What?” Hyoyeon answered from inside the apartment.

“Could Yuri and Yoona have mad crazy in your room?!”

“SHUT UP!!!” Yuri shrieks embarrassingly.

*

Jessica’s smile satisfyingly. A few seconds from now, she would be taking this conversation into action.

“We have to talk.” Tiffany abruptly ripped Jessica away from her present lover.

“Tiffany, didn’t your mother tell you that it’s rude to interrupt?”

“Rude? And what do you call ruining people’s lives?”

“Could you excuse us for awhile?”

Jessica grips Tiffany’s arm leading her away from the befuddled guy.

“I know this is your party, Tiffany but trust me, I have no trouble humiliating you.”

“I’m humiliated enough as it is Jess… Nothing could scare me anymore…”

“You want Yuri, right?”

“And you, you just want to destroy Donghae, right?”

And for once Tiffany has the winning words as she paralyze Jessica in her place. But Tiffany wasn’t done, she was angry and Jessica was going to hear it…

“And it was just too convenient that the girl Yuri loves happen to be his sister. You never want to help me, you’re just a selfish b!tch just like I always thought you were.”

“Damn right I am…” Jessica growls between her clench teeth. “And you should feel lucky that I even give a crap about you and your pathetic feelings.”

“The only person you give a crap about is yourself!”

“FANY!”

Sunny comes right on time before Jessica and Tiffany was ready to start a brawl.

“She’s here, Taetae is here…”

Jessica didn’t know why hearing Taeyeon’s name, seem to light something inside her.

“HI TAE!!!” Sunny shrieks excitedly…

“Hi…” Taeyeon walks over to them carrying a tray. “I brought some brownies…”

“Awww… Taetae… you’re so sweet.”

Jessica almost rip Sunny’s arm off her body as she pinches Taeyeon’s cheek.

“Hi Jessica-shii..” Taeyeon greets Jessica warmly, thinking that that night they had in the café can be considered a start of friendship.

But instead of a proper response, Jessica answers in a complete opposite manner. “I didn’t know you were friends with beggars, Tiff…”

Everyone looks at Jessica, their faces a picture of surprised and irritation. Except for Taeyeon whose face fell, knowing that every word out of Jessica were true.

And Jessica walks away, knowing that seeing Taeyeon’s expression makes her much more vulnerable than she already is.

*

Yuri was absolutely convinced that her two bestfriends are madly in love with her girlfriend. Instead of resting, the two dorks spend the entire night trying to impress Yoona on who could kill the most zombies in their videogame.

Finally, the two quit hogging for Yoona’s attention and let the girl go with Yuri in Hyoyeon’s room.

“They’re funny…” Yoona chuckles as she wraps her arm around Yuri’s waist.

“I think they’re in love with you.” Yuri pouts jealously… “And I think you like the attention…”

“Hmmm… maybe I was trying to make you jealous…”

Yuri’s lip curve into a smile and turns toward Yoona, who also has the same teasing smile playing in her lips.

“Well, it worked.” Yuri playfully plants kisses on Yoona’s lip making the younger girl giggle, Yuri have slowly got on top of Yoona. “You’re mine”. Yuri’s hand was already halfway inside Yoona’s shirt, when Sooyoung or Hyo or probably the two decided to blast on the stereo…

“BECAUSE I NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY!!!!”

“WHOHOO!!! Kwon Yuri is naughty naughty!!!!” Sooyoung and Hyo screams from outside the room.

Yuri groans plopping her head beside Yoona but just chuckles as she sees Yoona in a fit of giggles. Yuri brushes the hair falling out of Yoona’s face and kisses her.

“Our life is going to be hell from now on, Yoong…”

Yoona smiles before pressing a soft kiss on Yuri’s lips “Still feels like heaven to me…”

*

“So, you two didn’t do it?” Sooyoung asks

“Nope.” Yuri lies

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon share knowing looks. The evidence was all there, Yuri’s goofy grin, those marks on her neck and of course Yoona doing the laundry (including Hyoyeon’s sheets) at the break of dawn.

“HEY!!!!”

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon tumbled over as they see Yuri running towards her car.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Yuri shouts out, pushing herself between the men surrounding her car. But the man remains unfazed, shifting his glasses before looking in his folder.

“Mercedes Benz CL class plate number RTF 7584, are you Kwon Yuri?”

“Damn right I am!”

“We’re here in the order of Mr. Kwon to take the vehicle.”

“What?!” Yuri pushes the men away, trying not to let them have even a feet close… “You can’t do that! It’s mine! This car is mine!” Yuri clenches her teeth hoping to stop her tears but unfortunately the only thing it did was make her burst out crying.

“To clarify Ms. Kwon, it was your father who paid for this vehicle making it his.”

Yuri try to use all her strength to push away the men but everything that was happening to her was making her too weak and vulnerable. An easy target for people especially her father to take her down.

“Yuri…” Sooyoung puts a protective arm around her bestfriend.

“NO! Soo they’re taking away my car!!!!” Yuri grips her car but her hand ended slipping off, along with her. The time pass didn’t do nothing but witness Yuri at her most vulnerable crumbling on the hot asphalt. “I won’t let them… I won’t… I won’t…”

And all Yuri could do was whisper pleadingly through her tears, watching until her car disappeared into a tiny black dot on the street.

*

“We don’t need to do this now, Yul…” Yoona says

“No. I needed a distraction…” Yuri says bluntly…

Yoona reaches out for Yuri’s hand, hoping it could make the girl feel better but instead Yuri’s hand just hang loosely on hers.

The ahjumma with the round shape opens the door, staring at the two beautiful young ladies before her eyes gazed down at their joined hands.

Yoona quickly let go before smiling at the older woman “Hi… Mrs. Choi? I’m Im Yoona we spoke earlier…”

“Oh yes… come in…”

Yoona walks ahead of a very hesitant Yuri up the rickety stairway. The three stops in front of a door and Yuri looks around the narrow hallway, she bounce back when she sees a cat scurried by, or was that a rat? The round ahjumma starts fiddling with her key then opens up to a small room.

Yuri tries to keep her poker face to avoid showing her disapproval of the cramp living space. The whole room was about the size of Yuri’s walk in closet back home. Their whole home was like 50 steps big, there was no walls separating the rooms, it was all right there in front of her; the bed, a cabinet and a small table.

“This is your idea of fully furnished?” Yuri says in a disapproving tone.

“With how much she’s making, consider yourself lucky to even have a place.”

“I-it’s fine…” Yoona steps in before their landlady kicks them out before they could even move in.

“Ahjumma?”

The old lady sneers at the haughty voice of the tanned girl. The doe eyed beauty was nice but this tanned girl is getting on her nerves.

“Why is it hot here?” Yuri grimaces while fanning herself with her shirt “Is the aircon not working?”

The lady sneers before turning towards Yoona, giving Yoona a “are you kidding me?” look

“They don’t have aircon here, Yul, but don’t worry on my next pay I’ll get a fan…”

*

“With some paint and nice furniture… It won’t be so bad, right?” Yoona tries to ease the tension as Yuri purposely throws her stuff, instead of neatly tucking it in inside the cabinet.

“It’s not just bad, it’s horrible.” Yuri spatted...

“Well, you said you wanted to move out of unnies apartment…”

“If I know we would be living in this craphole, then maybe I wouldn’t say that.”

“I-I’m sorry…”

Yuri wasn’t mad at Yoona, she was mad at her world and how the world was treating her. Unfortunately for Yoona, she’s the only one there who’s going to take the brunt of Yuri’s anger.

“I’m just tired Yoona…”

“Ok…”

Yuri got on the bed and after turning off the light, Yoona soon followed. Yoona’s arm slowly makes it way around Yuri’s waist but before she could fully wrap Yuri in an embrace, Yuri have pushed herself away.

“Don’t. It’s hot…”

Yuri says while scooting away, and Yoona was so used in sleeping in Yuri’s embrace that she finds it hard to even close her eyes. Yoona inches closer as close as she can without getting in Yuri’s boundaries.

Yuri wondered if there is even a mattress in the bed, she felt like she was sleeping on a wooden board. She keeps shifting, on her back, flat on her stomach, this way, that way, but no position made her feel the least bit comfortable.

She unconsciously let out a groan, out of frustration, out of irritation and again forces herself to sleep. But everything inside of her changes drastically when she felt Yoona’s hand touching her forehead, wiping off her sweat before Yuri felt a light breeze swifting towards her.

“Wae?”

Yuri eyes flutter open and sees Yoona fanning her with her binder.

“Better?” Yoona was glad that other than the city lights outside their room, that it was fairly dark inside their apartment or else Yuri might see the tears b in her eyes.

And Yuri might have not saw the tears but she could hear the tremble quaking in Yoona’s soft voice. Yuri bit her lip to stop her tears. She have been crying too much these days, for the apartment, for her lost car. But right now, she was crying for Yoona, she was breaking Yoona’s heart right now… and she realizes, it wasn't the apartment or the lost car that was worth anything, it was this. Making Yoona cry is the only thing that is worth her tears.

She buries her hand on Yoona’s hair, pulling Yoona to her chest and she felt Yoona tremble as the girl starts to cry.

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry, Yul…” Yoona manage to squeeze out her words between her sobs, clutching into Yuri tighter. “You should never go through this, I should have…”

Yuri kisses Yoona tenderly before she could finish…

“Don’t say what you’re about to say…” Yuri whispers on Yoona’s ears, before laying her lips on Yoona’s neck “Don’t… cause me without you… I don’t even want to think of it. It should be me who should be sorry, I’m so weak Yoona… but you're here...” Yuri smiles hoping Yoona could see it. "So, I'll be okay, we'll be okay..." Yuri rubs her hand on Yoona's arms soothingly before pressing a kiss on Yoona's hair.


Instead of calming her tears, Yoona cried even more. It was this love that took Yuri out of the world that she belonged to and put her in a life where she doesn’t fit.

But what Yoona might never know is Yuri would choose this, over and over again, in this lifetime and the next. The pain, the hurt, as long as Yoona was by her side.

Both their worlds were crashing down in record speed, but in their embrace, the whole world halted. Now it was only them, only Yoona in Yuri’s arms and only Yuri in Yoona’s…

“Can I just hold you?” Yoona asks pleadingly…

And Yuri pulls Yoona close, closing every inch space with their embrace, until Yoona was the only thing she could feel. Until Yoona was the only thing left to feel.

“Whatever we may go through, whoever might pull us apart, always remember, Yoong…”

And at the quietness of the night, with the stars staring down at them as their witness, Yuri whispers to Yoona the three words that will forever remain constant in their changing world.

“I love you…”