Chapter 8

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

Caleb strolled calmly into ear shot and took one glance at Minji before shaking his head. “Oh no, my little Bunny. We are getting you changed right now. You are absolutely not getting blood on that outfit. Children, go attack the strange men while I get Bunny changed.”

Minji bent and kissed both children on the forehead. “I'll be right back, my darlings. Be good and stay with Ace and King.”

The two young children nodded, then started playing with Ace. Caleb grabbed Minji's good arm and pulled her toward a dressing room, but she tripped him and walked in on her own, locking the door behind her. She changed into her original outfit consisting of black short shorts, a grey t-shirt that had slid off of one shoulder, a black flat rimmed hat, and skater shoes. When she walked back out, Caleb pouted at Minji while Jerico and Oliver laughed and Joel shook his head.

You four are in so much trouble. What makes you think you could be standing here comfortably right now?” Minji growled, crossing her arms over her chest.

They're not thinking at all, Mi. You should know that by now; you spend a lot of time with them and deal with it a lot.” Chung-Hee grinned, walking into the room with Hana and Shin-Hee.

You seem to deal with a lot of idiots, Pabo Minji. How hard is it to pick out idiots in a crowd? It seems like it's pretty hard for you to do.” Shin-Hee scoffed, shaking his head in mock disappointment.

Oppas, you came!” Minji cheered, hugging Chung-Hee and Shin-Hee. Then she turned to Hana. “Unni, I've been so busy that we haven't hung out at all!”

Hana looked at the six idols and smiled. “Care to introduce me to your friends, Minji-ya?”

Shaking her head, Minji turned back to the six. “Just some friends come to support me.” She went and picked up Shu Fang. “I have to go home and put the children to bed. We'll catch up later, okay, Unni?”

Tao smiled. “We'll come with you.”

If you guys want to. I'll make something for you to eat, because you all look hungry.” Minji shrugged; she bowed to her Oppas and Hana. “Good night, Chung-Hee Oppa, Shin-Hee Oppa, Hana Unni. Don't be reckless.”

Ace nudged Dae and him and King led Dae to a large van that waited in the alley for them. Minji handed Yesung the house keys. Dae climbed into the back, and Minji and Shu Fang sat beside him, Taemin, Henry, and Tao sat in front of them, Xiumin and G-Dragon sat in front of them, and Yesung sat in the front passenger seat. The two dogs were put in the back of the vehicle. The driver drove back to Minji's inherited two story house. By the time they got there, Shu Fang and Dae were both sleeping soundly against Minji, all amounts of energy gone. A soft smile on her face, Minji picked up Shu Fang and sat her on her lap while she went to grab Dae. Taemin saw this and picked Shu Fang up carefully. Minji gave him a grateful look. The two carried the children into the house, which had been unlocked by Yesung, and brought them to the master bedroom. They carefully put the children in bed and pulled up the covers before leaving the room.

Alright, what do you all want to eat?” Minji asked and headed for the kitchen.

Do you have any of that breaded chicken, Minji-ya?” Taemin smiled sheepishly.

I just made some this afternoon, Oppa.” Minji laughed, grabbing a large container and handing it to him.

Thank you, Mi-ya.” Taemin sang.

She looked at the other five. “If you see anything that you want, go ahead and eat it, or else you can ask for something. Please don't be shy; I don't need anyone going hungry.”

Yesung frowned and crossed his arms over his chest. “How can you act like nothing happened when you weren't planning to come back? You had told us in the note to forget you ever existed, and now you're acting like that never happened.”

Minji winced at his accusing tone and looked at the ground. “I thought it would be easy for me to forget about all of you if I kept myself busy, so I filled up my schedule with roles in movies, practices, choreographing and composing, modelling, and going to public functions. It only made me miss all of you more. If I wasn't doing anything, I was crying and regretting. I listened to some of the voice messages and read some of the texts, and it hurt to know that I was hurting all of you, too. I phoned Amber Unni and got scolded; then Xiumin Oppa phoned me and made me feel more guilty.”

I had just turned fourteen when I first came here, and I was alone. I thought I could do that again and not feel anything, but it hurt. I looked up to all of you, and when I was accepted by all of you as a companion I was so happy.” Minji continued while wiping at a tear. “When I saw you six on the beach this afternoon, I thought I was imagining things... but I was happy with that.”

She missed us as much as we missed her.” G-Dragon grinned.

Good, or else it would have been awkward.” Henry laughed.

Why don't you come back with us, then? Everyone wants to see you again.” Taemin asked hopefully.

She shook her head sadly and met his eyes. “I'm Shu Fang and Dae's legal guardian, now. I can't just go wherever I want at any time. I need someone there in case I need help with them. And I'm not going to leave my half siblings in an adoption home.”

Taemin smiled. “Bring them with you. You have so many people that would love to help you take care of them.”

Tao nodded. “There was an argument over who was going to be your 'Umma figure' when you got back between Key Hyung, Suho Hyung, G.O. Hyung, Leeteuk Hyung, Victoria Noona, Taeyeon Noona, Bom Noona, and the whole of BIGBANG. I'm sure they would help take care of the two.”

They did that?” Minji laughed despite her teary eyes.

If we could phone, we could prove it, but it would cost too much.” G-Dragon nodded.

Minji ran to her room and quietly searched for her black phone. When she found it, Minji rushed back to the kitchen and turned it on. The six gave her a confused look, then looked at the phone in her hands.

You all sound homesick. If you want to phone your members, or someone, go ahead and use my phone.” Minji explained, then went to sit on the couch.

Taemin followed her and sat down beside her, resting his back against the armrest and putting one leg behind her so he could watch her better. She took one glance at him before breaking down and burying her face in his chest, crying. He carefully wrapped his arms around her in comfort. They sat like that for a few minutes before her tears stopped and they both fell asleep. The other five idols looked up after Yesung and Henry had finished their phone call with the rest of Super Junior, and smiles grew on their faces.

They look so cute.” G-Dragon commented quietly.

Are you sure they're not dating, Hyung?” Tao asked Xiumin.

Not as far as I know. Everyone's been saying they're just close.” Xiumin answered with a shrug.

Henry grinned and tip-toed over to the two with Yesung. They carefully adjusted Minji's position so her legs were on the couch, then put Taemin's other leg on the couch. When they were done, G-Dragon grabbed Minji's phone and took a picture, then sent it to all of the phone numbers of idols that they knew, titling the picture 'their first night reunited.' They set the picture as Minji's phone's background, then shut it off, ate half of the chicken before putting it back in the fridge, turned off the lights, and went to their separate guest bedrooms.