Prologue

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

Sighing to herself, Yoo Minji looked over her script that she had been given a week and a half ago. It had been two weeks since she had moved from Seoul, South Korea to live in Los Angeles, California close to the water with part of her family. Shin-Hee had proposed to Hana, Chung-Hee had found a girlfriend, and their Umma was living more comfortably. Jan, Rei, Rin, and Jung had found a good home in Fukuoka, Japan, near Rei's family. Everyone had started to relax; except for Minji. Minji kept going and going and didn't stop unless she was going to bed or eating. She was either practising, performing, acting, composing, or researching for any of the former. Nothing anyone said would stop her. The one time Caleb, Joel, Jerico, and Oliver had forced her to stop and take a break, she had ended up crying uncontrollably, and had refused to tell them why.

Minji walked in the door to her shared apartment with Caleb, script in hand. She had gotten a secondary role in a movie, and thus would have at least a few scenes in which she would need to memorize her lines. It was currently 8:00 at night on November 1. Breathing deeply, Minji sat down on their couch and started to flip through the pages in search for her lines, King lying down on the floor by her feet. By the time she had just found the part that was going to be filmed tomorrow, Caleb walked through the door with groceries and put them on the kitchen counter before noticing Minji on the couch.

Caleb walked up to her and grabbed the script out of her hands. “Okay, you're going to tell me what's wrong with you, and you're not doing anything until you do.”

Give it back, Caleb. I need that to practice for filming tomorrow.” Minji demanded irritably.

Then you'd better get talking, Minji.” Caleb glared.

Just give it back, Caleb. I need to practice before I go to help organize things for the fundraiser concert next week.” Minji growled.

It's got to do with Korea, doesn't it? You haven't spoken Korean since you got here, and you usually do. You haven't even listened or danced to any K-pop. You aren't even keeping up on Korean news. And you haven't said a single thing about Taemin.” Caleb pointed out.

Minji stood abruptly. “Hasn't it ever come to your mind that I changed because my younger brother died?”

Caleb frowned sadly. “Because... if it was Dae, you'd have told me about it already, my little Bunny. Now, tell your best friend what's wrong.”

Scowling, Minji reached for the script. “I'll tell you later, Caleb.”

With a huff, Caleb gave Minji back her script. “Fine, you'd better.”

Minji sat back down and started to read over her script again. Her gay friend irritatedly grabbed his cell phone and walked out the door again, crossing the hallway to knock on Joel, Jerico, and Oliver's apartment door. Oliver answered and, giving Caleb a questioning look, opened the door wider to let him in. The two of them strode into the living room, where Joel and Jerico were having an arm wrestle.

Oliver cleared his throat. “Hey, Caleb's here.”

Something's seriously wrong with Minji, and she won't talk to me about it.” Caleb stated. “I think it has to do with something, or specifically someone, in Korea.”

Oh, that Taemin guy she likes?” Jerico asked, looking up.

She's been acting weird since she got here.” Joel frowned as he continued to arm wrestle Jerico.

I don't think she came here because of her mom. I think something happened with Taemin that made her come back.” Caleb continued.

Oliver nodded. “It would make sense. She won't even talk about him or anything Korea related anymore. Even worse, she won't even speak Korean anymore.”

Joel glared at Oliver. “Don't you have the guy's cell number in your phone? Text him or something, get him to come over here. I'm sure she'll be fine once she talks to him again. It's probably nothing to worry about.”

Hurry up and phone him. I have a plan.” Jerico grinned, winning the arm wrestle. He watched Oliver dial the phone. “Okay, put it on speaker phone.”

Hello?” someone answered the phone in Korean.

Taemin-ah, it's Oliver, Minji-ya's friend.” Oliver smiled.

Oliver Hyung, it's been a while. Is Minji-ya with you? Is she okay?” Taemin asked worriedly.

Jerico spoke. “Minji-ya's not with us right now, but she's here, yes. Did something happen between you two? Did she say anything to you before she left?”

Taemin sighed. “She didn't say anything to anybody. We didn't even know she was leaving. But she left a note for me at her neighbours house that said to forget her and to be happy with the girl I was going to ask out. She also ripped a picture of us.”

Caleb frowned, speaking in English. “That explains a lot. Did you ask her about how to ask a girl out or something like that?” Jerico translated for Taemin.

A sound of defeat came from the other end. “Yes... I didn't want to scare her when I asked her out, so I asked her.”

I think you gave her the wrong impression, since you didn't ask her right away. And her state of mind became very fragile after Dae died.” Caleb explained carefully, and Jerico translated.

Minji's organizing a fundraiser concert that will take place in a week, so you could probably come to that. It's in Los Angeles, at the Dolby Theatre. We can get you six front row seats, so she doesn't see you right away and freak out.” Oliver suggested.

Okay. I know a few people that I'll bring with me. Thanks for everything. I have to go.” Taemin smiled

Bye.” the four men said at the same time, then hung up.

Jerico nodded to himself. “I'm sure Minji will thank us for this later. But for now we need to keep this a secret, so she doesn't freak out or overwork herself. Agreed?"

Everyone agreed.