Chapter 2

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

Taemin hadn't been quite himself since Minji had secretly left. He wasn't as cheerful or care free. Instead Taemin put all of his energy into practising things for their new album, only to get his mind off of Minji. And if he had nothing to do, Taemin would stare at his phone, waiting for Minji to contact him.

It was currently 12:00 in the afternoon on November 2. Key stared at Taemin as he watched his phone and the older man shook his head. Minho, who sat beside Key, kept glancing over at Taemin over his own phone. Onew came from the kitchen with a plateful of food and gave Taemin a pitiful look before tripping and falling on his face, but managing to save his food. Minho and Key laughed. Jonghyun entered behind Onew and laughed at him. Taemin smiled slightly, then went back to his phone. Frowning, Key walked up to Taemin and snatched his phone away from him.

You need to stop waiting for Minji-ya to phone you. She's probably very busy.” Key stated.

In her note to me, she said to forget about her ever being here. I can't do that, Hyung. She's too important to me. I want her to understand that I need her here, and that she's not a problem.” Taemin confessed sadly.

Then why don't you go after her?” Jonghyun suggested.

Minho gave Jonghyun a look. “We don't know where she is, Hyung. If we did, I'm sure he would have gone after her already.”

Onew scoffed, swallowing a bite of chicken. “Are you all Pabos? I'm sure it would be easy to find a celebrity, no matter where they are. The media has that covered.”

Gasping, Jonghyun and Key ran over to the laptop in the other room, with Minho and Onew following close behind, and Taemin got off the couch to follow. Then his phone, which Key had thrown down on the couch in his haste to get to the laptop, started to ring. Taemin lunged at it, hoping that it was Minji, and answered it.

Hello?” he answered the phone.

Taemin-ah, it's Oliver, Minji-ya's friend.” Oliver spoke, a smile in his voice.

Oliver Hyung, it's been a while. Is Minji-ya with you? Is she okay?” Taemin asked worriedly, holding his phone tightly.

Jerico was the one to answer. “Minji-ya's not with us right now, but she's here, yes. Did something happen between you two? Did she say anything to you before she left?”

Taemin looked at his feet and sighed. “She didn't say anything to anybody. We didn't even know she was leaving. But she left a note for me at her neighbours house that said to forget her and to be happy with the girl I was going to ask out. She also ripped a picture of us.”

Someone new started speaking in English, and Taemin couldn't understand.

That explains a lot. Did you ask her about how to ask a girl out or something like that?” Jerico translated.

Taemin's shoulders slumped in defeat. “Yes... I didn't want to scare her when I asked her out, so I asked her.”

The English-speaking stranger started to speak again.

I think you gave her the wrong impression, since you didn't ask her right away. And her state of mind became very fragile after Dae died.” Jerico translated.

Minji's organizing a fundraiser concert that will take place in a week, so you could probably come to that. It's in Los Angeles, at the Dolby Theatre. We can get you six front row seats, so she doesn't see you right away and freak out.” Oliver suggested.

Okay. I know a few people that I'll bring with me. Thanks for everything. I have to go.” Taemin smiled, then hung up.

Key called Taemin, and Taemin ran into the room with them, a bright smile on his face. Nobody looked at him as he entered; instead they were all either focused on the computer screen, or eating. Jonghyun, Minho, and Key were all skimming over a news article about Minji. Onew was seated in a nearby seat and was enjoying eating his breakfast.

So... Minji is-” Key started.

Smile widening, Taemin interrupted. “In Los Angeles helping to organize a fundraiser concert for next week, at the Dolby Theatre. I got six front row tickets to go.”

Jonghyun gave the younger man a look. “Do you secretly stalk her, Taemin? There's not even that much information in this news article.”

Taemin laughed. “Oliver Hyung just phoned and told me. And he said he could get six tickets for me.”

Minho nodded happily. “Good. Now you can stop being depressed.”

Onew frowned, swallowing his last bite of food. “We can't all go. We still have schedules.”

How are you going to fill all six of your seats? You should ask some other people.” Key fretted. “You should take Henry Lau, so that at least someone in your group can understand English.”

Think of people that she likes, or gets along with.” Minho suggested.

Yesung Hyung saved her guitar, so she really respects him.” Jonghyun hummed.

Onew grinned. “Take Lee Joon Hyung, he'll make things interesting and fun.” He thought for a moment. “So would G-Dragon Hyung.”

That leaves one ticket.” Key frowned.

Well... Xiumin Hyung is very responsible. And I think he would enjoy it.” Taemin said.

Okay, we should phone them and make sure they can come.” Jonghyun nodded.

The five of them pulled out their phones. Onew dialled Yesung; Jonghyun dialled Joon; Key dialled G-Dragon; and Taemin dialled Henry. All five agreed quickly, and agreed that they would get together to discuss it more in the morning. After they were done talking to them, Taemin dialled Xiumin and waited. Xiumin agreed. After Taemin hung up, he smiled at his Hyungs.

Key fixed Taemin's hair. “We'll cover you and be your support from here.”

Taemin smiled. “Thank you, Hyungs. I'll try to bring her back with me so you can see her.”

Good.” Minho nodded.