Chapter 10

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

It had been two days since their plane had touched down in Seoul. At the moment, Taemin, Key, Jonghyun, Minho, and Onew were walking in the park, as Lee Soo-Man had told them to, saying that there was a surprise waiting there for them. Everything seemed normal. Kids were playing on the playground, adults were walking around, birds were chirping.

What exactly are we looking for? Does anyone know?” Key asked irritably.

I don't know, maybe something out of the ordinary.” Jonghyun answered.

Just keep looking. I want to hurry up and get out of here to get some chicken for lunch.” Onew ordered.

Keep eating chicken and you're going to turn into one, Onew Hyung.” Key grumbled.

Then how do we explain you?” Onew asked.

The five kept searching while a slightly chilly breeze blew through the trees. Some people recognized them and started to follow, but kept some distance from the band. A little girl, who looked like she was Chinese, with black hair in two pigtails, walked out in front of them with a Rottweiler by her side.

She walked right up to Taemin and giggled, poking his arm. “Tag, you're it, Oppa! Catch me if you can!”

Taemin gaped at the retreating girl and dog. “Shu Fang! Ace!” The other four members looked at Taemin questioningly, but Taemin ignored them. “Wait!”

Taemin chased after Shu Fang and Ace, and Minho, Onew, Jonghyun, and Key quickly followed after him. Shu Fang was giggling happily while she ran away with Ace at her side. Fans were confused and following with their cameras out. They were quickly gaining on the young girl, and Taemin eventually grabbed her arm and brought her to a stop.

What are you doing here, Shu Fang? Where's Minji?” Taemin asked.

Taemin, who is this girl?” Jonghyun questioned.

Shu Fang bowed. “I'm Yoo Shu Fang, I'm six, and I'm Minji Unni's half sibling. She's my guardian. And this is Ace, my dog.”

A little boy, who looked like he was Korean, with spiked black hair, walked toward them with a German Shepherd that they all recognized as King. He walked right up to Taemin and poked him before running away with King.

Catch me if you can, Hyung! Hurry, before Noona decides to leave!” the boy shouted over his shoulder.

Dae! Get back here!” Taemin yelled.

Run, Dae Oppa! Don't let him catch you!” Shu Fang commanded.

Taemin picked Shu Fang up and started running after Dae and King. Ace ran right beside Taemin to keep an eye on Shu Fang. Dae ran right to a tree and hid behind it, laughing. The five slowed to a walk as they got closer to the tree, watching where Dae had disappeared.

I thought I told you two children to go play on the swings or something, not mess with strange people.” a woman spoke from the branches above SHINee's head.

They all looked up and saw Minji lying on the lowest branch, arms under her head and legs bent as she looked down at them. King and Ace looked up at her excitedly while Shu Fang and Dae snickered. Fans stood a few feet away, trying to get a better look as to who was in the tree. Minji yawned and hopped off of the branch.

My baby! You're here!” Key cheered, hugging Minji tightly.

Why didn't you phone first?” Jonghyun asked and hugged her.

Minji smiled. “I wanted it to be a surprise, so I contacted Soo-Man Ajussi and we arranged this, just without children messing around with you.”

Some fans cheered and chanted. “TaeMinji! TaeMinji! TaeMinji!”

Taemin smiled. “Come back to SM Entertainment with us to see some of the others. They all miss you. And most of EXO never met you, and they want to.”

Minji nodded and took her children and dogs to her vehicle, and SHINee went to the company vehicle, and they drove to SM Entertainment. Dae and Shu Fang felt their mouths drop open when they saw the large building they were going to. The vehicle turned off and Minji grabbed her purse and led the two children and dogs into the large building. Taemin ran up to her and grabbed her hand, leading her to the elevator. They all got in and went up to the third floor. In a nearby dance studio, music was playing.

SHINee walked in, making sure Minji wasn't seen before they closed the door, and walked up to the twelve members of EXO. The music stopped and the twelve looked at them questioningly. Nobody spoke for a few seconds.

We have a surprise for all of you.” Onew grinned. “It's someone that everyone wants to meet.”

What, is Minji-ya coming back for a visit? Does she miss us already?” Tao asked curiously.

Close.” Jonghyun whispered happily.

The door opened and Minji stepped in with the two children and dogs. She bowed. “Hello, I'm Yoo Minji. I''m a Korean-American actress, dancer, model, and musician. Please take me kindly.”

Minji!” Xiumin, Luhan, Suho, Kai, and Tao shouted happily and ran up to her.

Ssh! If f(x) or Girls Generation hears that I'm here they'll start a riot! I don't want to die young!” Minji hissed quietly.

Hi, strange Hyungs.” Dae greeted Xiumin and Tao.

Hello, Da gēgē.” Shu Fang smiled and bowed to Xiumin and Tao while speaking Chinese.

Suho smiled. “So, are you and Taemin dating yet?” Both of them blushed and shook their heads.

Oh Se Hoon, better known as Sehun, looked Minji over. “How old are you?”

Minji smirked. “Younger and smarter than everyone in this room. I turned eighteen on August 5th.”

What do you mean smarter?” Sehun growled indignantly.

My brain never forgets something once I've seen it. I know eleven languages, almost any dance you ask me to do, I know how to play fifteen instruments, and I know all the information available to people on the internet about every one of you by looking at it once.” Minji growled back.

Calm down, Mi-ya.” Taemin murmured, placing a hand on her shoulder.

I heard that Minji was here. I bet she's with SHINee. If we find them, we find her.” Amber said from down the hall.

I'm gonna die.” Minji breathed out. She looked at Shu Fang and Dae while clutching her purse. “You two stay here. I'll be right back.”

They nodded and Minji ran at the far wall of the dance studio, then jumped at the last minute and climbed the wall, getting on one of the support beams. Ace and King corralled Dae and Shu Fang into a corner and stood protectively in front of them. EXO looked at each other in shock at what had just happened. Amber, Luna, Sulli, Krystal, and Victoria shoved the door open and looked around, anger showing on their faces.

Amber looked at Taemin. “Where is Minji? We know she's here, so where is she?”

Taemin shrugged nonchalantly. “I have no idea where she could be. I mean, I heard she came back to Seoul, but I don't know where she is.”

Key shrugged. “I'm sure she'll come by later.”

Onew smiled. “If we see her, should we tell her to come see you, or should we leave it a surprise? I personally think it would be better if she knew so she could greet you warmly.”

Just tell us where Minji is before we drag it out of you! You have ten seconds!” Victoria snapped.

Hm, I never took any of you as the violent type. Just how much trouble am I in that you're willing to hurt others?” Minji hummed, lying on her back on the support beam while assembling her flute.

Amber glared. “Get down here and we'll see.”

Ignoring Amber, Minji put the flute to her lips and started to play the main theme for Pirates of the Caribbean. Amber took one of her shoes off and threw it at Minji, hitting her in the side of the head and sending her over the edge of the support beam. Minji landed on her feet, with her purse and flute in hand, and frowned at the five. Sulli stomped up to her and punched her right shoulder.

Alright, alright, I missed you guys, too. Calm down.” Minji smiled softly.

This isn't about missing you, Minji. You know exactly what this is all about.” Luna growled.

I'm sorry! Oppa, save me!” Minji yelped, jumping behind Taemin.

Shu Fang pushed past the two dogs and stood in front of Taemin while glaring at the five women. “Leave Unni alone! If you mess with her, you'll be dealing with me! So back off!”

Victoria bent down to look at Shu Fang. “You should stay out of this, Dongsaeng. We don't want you to get hurt.”

Minji frowned at the child. “Shu Fang will be fine; she has guardians that listen to her every will. Ace and King are trained police dogs and are very protective of her and Dae.” She started speaking Spanish to the dogs.

Ace nuzzled his head against Shu Fang's hand and led her toward the door with King leading Dae right behind them. Minji watched them go with a tired expression on her face; she looked like she had no energy left in her. Taemin wrapped an arm around her and held her against his body. She was trembling and had tears in her eyes that she was trying to hold back while she took her flute apart and put in in her purse. Victoria saw Minji's watery blue eyes and immediately forgot about her anger in her worry, and she strode carefully toward her.

What's wrong, Minji-ya?” Victoria asked softly.

She's so much like Mi-Cha, and he's so much like my Dae. Sometimes I forget who I'm talking to. It hurts every time I think about it.” Minji breathed out; Taemin held her tighter.

This can be your way of keeping them close to you, Minji. Don't be scared of loving them, because they need you.” Victoria whispered and smiled encouragingly.

Nodding, Minji looked up at Taemin. “Wanna come with me to find Dae and Shu Fang, Oppa? They were going to find a vending machine to get something to drink.”

Taemin beamed. “Of course.”

He grabbed her hand and led her out the door, with whistles coming from behind them. They wandered down the hallway, still holding hands, and looked silently for the two children and their guard dogs. Every once in a while, Taemin would glance over at Minji.

The blonde haired Korean-American woman with pale blue eyes had literally run her way into his life and had charmed him with her bravery. After that, she had continued to impress him, time after time with her unique personality and mysterious life. The things he loved about her ranged from her idiotic moments to her smart moments, and every minuscule quirk in between. He had willingly let her into her heart, and he wanted to keep her there for as long as he could. And he hoped she felt the same way about him.

Taemin pulled Minji to a stop and spun her to look at him. “Minji, I have to tell you something. Ever since we met on November 26, 2011, you've made my heart race whenever you looked at me or spoke to me. I was too scared to say anything. When you left without telling anybody, both times, I felt like a part of me was missing. I couldn't stop thinking about you. Yoo Minji, I've fallen for you, and I don't want to get back up if it means giving you up.”

Minji's jaw dropped and her eyes widened. “Y-you... like me?”

No... I love you, Minji. And if you'll accept my feelings, I'm willing to give my all, and keep giving it in order to keep your affection.” Taemin responded sincerely.

Taemin, you're an amazing individual, but...” Minji started, then trailed off.

But what?” Taemin asked worriedly.

I think you're going to make my heart burst. It's pounding so hard in my chest right now that it hurts.” Minji smiled, placing a hand over her heart. She nodded. “I thought it was one sided, because I love you, too, Taemin Oppa.” She bit her lower lip. “I guess my remedy is you.

Taemin pulled her into a hug, his arms going around her waist, and pressed his lips against hers. Her arms wrapped around his neck and her fingers ran through his hair. Cheers came from down the hallway and the two pulled away quickly; the members of SHINee and f(x) stood in the hallway watching them. Behind them, someone cleared their throat.

Does this mean I'm going to be an Ajumma soon? Umma said that when a boy and a girl kiss, they get a baby.” Shu Fang smiled innocently.

Dae stuck his tongue out in disgust. “Ew. Hyung got girl cooties from Noona.”

That's better, Minji!” Luna cheered and the other women made sounds of agreement.

Kai groaned from the studio door. “I thought I was gonna get a girlfriend before Taemin Hyung. But he just got one, and she's cute to boot.”

Taemin gave Kai a playful glare. “You trying to say you like my girlfriend, Dongsaeng?”

Minji laughed and kissed the corner of his mouth. “Just ignore their teasing, Oppa.”

I can do that.” Taemin smiled.

Okay, I have to take them home so we can finish unpacking. You need to work on your comeback.” Minji grinned and walked over to the children; she raised a fist. “Oppas fighting! Good luck on everyone's comebacks!”

With that, Minji, Dae, Shu Fang, and the dogs left the SM Entertainment building. Key ran at Taemin and hugged him, with Onew, Jonghyun, and Minho right behind him.

Taemin placed a hand over his heart and sighed. “I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. I was so scared.”

Jonghyun laughed. “She's got him hooked.”