Chapter 3

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

The phone in Minji's hand rang. King watched her with worried eyes. Minji was nervous and second guessing her decision to call someone. With shaky hands she held it to her ear. The phone was answered on the second ring.

Is that you Minji? Please tell me it's you.” Amber spoke into the phone.

Yes, it's me, Amber Unni.” Minji replied, relaxing as she spoke Korean.

You've had everyone so worried about you. At least tell someone before you leave.” Amber scolded.

Minji smiled. “I know, Unni. I'm very sorry.”

Amber sighed. “Okay, so why exactly did you decide to leave without telling anybody?”

Cringing, Minji explained. “Taemin Oppa asked me how to ask a girl out... then left it at that. Besides, I'm not going to leave my Umma to travel by herself, and I'm definitely not wanting to stay near my abusive alcoholic Appa.”

A quiet growl came from Amber. “If he was a problem, then we could have taken you to our apartment, and you could have lived with us. Or we could have helped you find a place to live. And your twin Oppas were travelling with your Umma.”

I know, but I worry about her.” Minji confessed.

She ran her hands through her hair and looked out the window. Several people stood on the far sidewalk and stared at her, pointing excitedly. Some brought out their phones and started to take pictures. Minji petted King behind the ears to distract herself.

You know, Taemin got really depressed when you left, and he keeps waiting for you to contact him.” Amber stated.

I have to go, Unni. I have a meeting I have to go to. Maybe I'll talk to you later.” Minji frowned.

You'd better, you troublemaker. Or else someone's coming to set you straight.” Amber threatened half-heartedly.

I know, Unni. Thank you.” Minji nodded.

She hung up, then her vehicle and drove back onto the road she had been on before, in the direction of a coffee shop. Traffic was getting heavy. Minji looked at the time and frowned; she had half an hour to get to the coffee shop, and she was still twenty minutes away. This frustrated her. She needed to get to the coffee shop for the secret meeting she was supposed to attend. As she was driving through a green light, Minji's black phone rang. She looked at the caller ID.

Xiumin Oppa

Sighing, she put it on speaker phone and spoke Korean. “Hello?”

Deep inside, she was happy that he had phoned her; he was her main bias in EXO, with Tao after him.

Xiumin let out a breath of relief. “Minji-ya, why haven't you answered anybody when they phone or text? We're all worried about you.”

Minji scowled irritatedly at the slow vehicle in front of her. She needed to get going. It took all of Minji's willpower to not honk her horn or unsafely pull out to pass him. If she was going to be stuck behind this vehicle all the way to the coffee shop, she would surely be very late. In order to calm herself, she took a deep breath through her nose, then released it slowly through while reaching over to quickly pat King's side.

She answered him calmly. “Well, I've been really busy, Xiumin Oppa. This is the first time I've my phone in two weeks. But I'm sorry for worrying everyone.”

He let out a groan. “We thought you were trying to avoid us.”

She cleared . “Look, I'd love to talk all day, but I'm driving right now and I'm going to be late for a meeting. So tell everyone to stop spamming me with voice messages and texts, and I'll phone later.”

Okay. Stay safe, Minji-ya.” Xiumin replied before hanging up.

, she turned off her phone, then continued driving to her destination. The person driving in front of her was so slow, and was going to make her late for her meeting. Her mind started to wander to the biases she had in Korean and Chinese bands.

Her main bias had and still is Taemin. After him was Yesung, then Xiumin, Leeteuk, Joon, G-Dragon, Tao, Sungmin, Cheondung, and finally SeungHyun.

With a growl of annoyance, she her music and turned it up. Remedy by Little Boots played, and she hummed along. As soon as the chance came, she passed the slow driver and started to go faster in hopes that she would make it to the coffee shop in time for her meeting. She was biting her lower lip. Would the man she was supposed to meet wait for her if she was late? That thought worried her.

C'mon, we gotta get there now!” Minji muttered to herself.

She drove through a light that just turned yellow, breathing a sigh of relief, and continued on her way to the coffee shop. Heart Attack by EXO-M played. Relaxing a little bit, Minji tapped her fingers against the steering wheel to the beat and passed another slow driver. There was no way she wanted to be late. King shifted his position and lief down in the passenger seat with his head resting against the center console. Neither the dog or Minji made a sound as she drove purposefully through traffic. There was no noise other than the motor and the music for another fifteen minutes. The sign for the coffee shop was in sight, getting closer. Sighing in relief, Minji found a parking spot, then put King's leash on him and led him to their meeting place. It was closer to 8:50 at night when she walked in.

Once she stepped in with King, a worker started to protest. “There are no animals allo-” The man froze, starstruck once he recognized who he was talking to. His mouth opened and closed like a fish.

Minji smiled kindly. “I'm sorry, but he's my guard dog. I've been told that if I don't have someone with me, I need to have him. Is that alright?”

O-of course, Mi-Cha.” he nodded quickly. “Can I have an autograph?”

Sure thing. I just need a piece of paper and a pen.” Minji agreed.

He grabbed a pen and a marker, handing them to her. She quickly signed the paper and gave it a kiss before handing the paper and marker back to him. A dazed look came across his face as he held the paper close to his chest. Shaking her head, Minji moved further into the coffee shop. A man in a suit waved her over to a secluded booth in the far corner of the room, two children sitting with him. Minji recognized the two children and quickly made her way over with King.

Hello, Miss Yuu. I have the most unfortunate news. Please take a seat.” the brown haired man stated, taking a seat. She followed his actions. “Your old teacher, Miss Su-Ji Yuu, has passed. In her will, she left you as the caretaker for her children and dog, and the owner of her house.”

Minji felt open in shock. “She... she's gone?”

He nodded sadly. “She passed a few days ago, and we only just sorted out her will. Please accept our condolences and apologies.”

Scowling, Minji shook her head. “I don't need your condolences or apologies. She was sick and was only getting worse. But I'm sure they need motherly comfort right now.”

The small boy looked at Minji and spoke in Korean. “It's okay, Noona. Me and Shu Fang already knew that she was sick and had to go to a better place; she told us. So she said that you would take care of us until we are older.”

The small girl nodded, speaking in Chinese. “Don't be sad, DaJie. Me and Dae will be good. So will Ace.”

Of course, my babies.” Minji smiled slightly. She looked at the man. “When am I taking them?”

As soon as possible, Miss Yuu.” he answered.

Looking at the children, who were drinking hot chocolates, Minji sighed. “I'll pack my things and move in to live with them tonight. Just give me two hours.”

The girl, who was Chinese, with big brown eyes, shoulder blade length black hair, and chubby cheeks smiled happily. The boy, who was Korean, with brown eyes, ear length black hair, and chubby cheeks bounced excitedly in his seat. King wagged his tail.

Alright, Miss Yuu. I will take care of the children until you arrive at the house later tonight.” the man sighed, getting to his feet. “Okay, children, let's go home and wait for your Big Sister to finish packing.”

Both children got to their feet and ran to Minji, hugging her. Minji hugged them back, rubbing their backs soothingly, then pulled away and gave them both a kiss on the forehead before shooing them to follow the man. They waved at her as they left.