Chapter 6

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

It was 8:57, and the fundraiser concert started at 9:00. Minji took a deep breath and paced back and forth in front of Dae, Shu Fang, Ace, and King. She was more nervous than she wanted to be; mostly due to the fact that six well known Korean idols were sitting right up front to watch. Heart pounding in her chest, Minji took a deep breath and fixed her outfit; black short shorts, a grey t-shirt that had slid off of one shoulder, a black flat rimmed hat, and skater shoes. Shu Fang giggled, patting Minji's hip comfortingly.

DaJie, you'll be good. We believe in you.” Shu Fang encouraged cutely.

It's hard to believe you're only five sometimes, Shu Fang. Thanks. After this, I'll take a break from work and we'll all go on a vacation, okay?” Minji smiled.

Minji, get ready to go on stage. We're starting in one minute.” a staff member stated.

Blowing a final kiss to the children, Minji made her way to the stage, grabbing a microphone on her way, and looked to the staff to tell her when to go on. They nodded and she ran on stage, waving and blowing kisses to everyone in the crowd. The crowd was cheering loudly.

Minji smiled and spoke into the microphone. “Hey, hey! Thank you all for coming tonight! If you don't already know me, I'm Mi-Cha Park. Tonight we have many people that came out to entertain you, so hopefully you aren't disappointed.” She took a breath. “Around the room are bins for donations, and beside those bins are envelopes that you can put your money in; write how much you put in, and what cause you want it to go towards.”

Some of the crowd cheered again. A few voices shouted at her. “Bear my children!” “Take my child!” “I love you!” “Marry me!”

Ignoring them, Minji continued. “Now, our first band well loved around here! Many people know them!” People cheered. “There are five of them, and they're not from here!”

Arms wrapped around her waist and lifted her up, making her squeal in surprise. Her head swivelled and she was looking into the bright faces of One Direction. Niall Horan was the one holding her. Laughing, Minji pulled away and side hugged Niall, and he hugged back. The other four patted her on the back. Waving to the audience, Minji ran back off stage to get ready for the next performance. One Direction sang Little Things. Fan girls were screaming happily. As the song finished, Minji prepared herself to go back out, and ran out.

That was amazing, you guys. Thank you so much.” Minji smiled.

Anything for a good cause.” Harry Styles said charmingly.

I'm going to introduce the next performer.” Liam Payne stated with a grin. “Our next performer will be Mi-Cha Park, who will be singing for all of us.”

You ruined the surprise.” Minji scolded.

Laughing, the five rushed off stage and left Minji alone, with the band in the background. Breathing, she felt the spotlight focus on her as the music started. She clutched the microphone tightly in her hands.

 

Been given 24 hours
To tie up loose ends
To make amends
His eyes said it all
I started to fall
And the silence deafened
Head spinning round
No time to sit down
Just wanted to
Run and run and run
Be careful they say
Don't wish life away,
Now I've one day

And I can't believe
How I've been wasting my time

Minji started out slightly nervous, but as she got more confident, she went over to the edge of the stage and hopped off, making her way down the right hallway while singing.
 

In 24 hours they'll be
Laying flowers
On my life, it's over tonight
I'm not messing no I
Need your blessing
And your promise to live free
Please do it for me

Is there a Heaven, a Hell
And will I come back
Who can tell
Now I can see
What matters to me
It's as clear as crystal
The places I've been
The people I've seen
Plans that I made
Start to fade
The sun's setting gold
Thought I would grow old,
It wasn't to be

She turned back and returned to the front, then went down the left hallway while continuing to sing.

And I can't believe
How I've been wasting my time

In 18 hours they'll be
Laying flowers
On my life, it's over tonight
I'm not messing no I
Need your blessing
And your promise to live free
Please do it for me

In 13 hours they'll be
Laying flowers
On my life, it's over tonight
I'm not messing no I
Need your blessing
And your promise to live free
Please do it for me

A fan girl fainted when Minji got close to her, and her hand flailed and her manicured nails caught Minji's left arm as she lunged to grab her. Other people in the crowd grabbed the girl and put her in her seat and make sure she was okay. Minji smiled and started back toward the stage. She stopped when she was in front of her six companions. Her eyes met Taemin's.

I'm not alone, I sense it, I sense it
All that I said, I meant it, I meant it

Turning away, she ran and easily jumped back on the stage. The crowd exploded into cheers.

And I can't believe
How much I've wasted my time

In just 8 hours they'll be
Laying flowers
On my life, it's over tonight
I'm not messing no I
Need your blessing
And your promise to live free
Please do it for me

In just 1 hour they'll be
Laying flowers
On my life, it's over tonight
I'm not messing no I
Need your blessing
And your promise to live free
Please do it for me

She finished with a cool pose, then bowed to the crowd. Her left arm stung, and it felt sticky. Caleb ran out on stage to fill in as host, and pushed Minji back toward the staff waiting just off stage. The staff members were holding a first aid kit. As soon as she was in reach, Minji was pulled over to a seat and staff crowded her, blotting at her stinging arm to stop the blood. Now that they put pressure on it, Minji felt her arm pulsing painfully. She hissed. Three matching cuts went down along her bicep.

You're a hazard, Minji. You get hurt every time.” Manager Carter sighed.

Better than being boring, though. Right, Manager?” Minji smirked, looking at the older man.