Chapter 7

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

Did you see her arm? She was bleeding.” Henry whispered to Taemin, Yesung, Xiumin, Tao, and G-Dragon.

What happened? She was perfectly fine coming off stage. Did anyone see what happened?” G-Dragon asked quietly.

Was she attacked by a fan?” Xiumin worried.

I don't think so, or else security would have gone over there. It probably wasn't on purpose.” Yesung shook his head, trying to calm their worries.

Henry frowned. “It probably hurts a lot. You think she'll be okay?”

Taemin nodded, biting his lower lip. “Mi-ya will be perfectly fine. She's dealt with worse growing up. I'm sure she'll be back out here shortly and act like nothing happened.”

They all gave Taemin a confused look, but said nothing more and focused back on stage where people were singing. The only person that truly understood what everyone was saying was Henry, so the others sat cluelessly, but did not complain; Henry would explain if it was something important or something they would like to know. They sang two songs, and when the second song ended, Caleb came back out to introduce the next performance. Another band came out and sang an upbeat song. When they were done, Caleb raced out, grinning.

Alright everyone, that was great! Now, I know everyone saw that Mi-Cha was bleeding when she went off stage, but she is perfectly fine and will be continuing with us tonight. Cheer her on as she dances for us!” Caleb grinned, then ran off stage. Henry translated what Caleb said to the other five Korean idols.

Minji ran on, wearing a frilly pale purple skirt, a black tank top, a dark purple sleeve on her left arm, and black flats. “I did have something planned, but I can't do that now, so instead I'll take two requests that I will dance to.”

A little girl that looked like she was maybe ten ran up toward the stage. A soft smile spread across Minji's face as she watched the girl. One of the security guards that stood up front lifted the girl up to the stage; the girl fidgeted nervously and looked at her feet. To make the girl more comfortable, Minji got down on her knees and rubbed her arm soothingly; their eyes met.

You have a request, honey? What's your name and what song are you requesting?” Minji asked, then pointed the mic at the girl.

My name's Ava... Mi-Cha, can you do Beat It by Michael Jackson?” the girl replied softly.

You're very brave for coming up here. Of course I will. Thank you, Ava.” Minji nodded. She put close to her ear and whispered something.

The girl nodded while she was carried down from the stage and she ran back to her seat. Joel, Jerico, Oliver, and Caleb came on stage to be Minji's back-up dancers. The music started and the four men started to dance; Minji joined in a few seconds later. The energy in the Theatre rose as everyone cheered them on. The six Korean idols were surprised, and shouted encouragement. Near the end of the song, Yesung lightly hit Henry's arm to gain his attention.

We want you to go request a song.” Yesung stated.

Why me, and what song?” Henry asked.

One, you can actually speak and understand English. Two, you actually have a name that is common around here, and won't make fans aware of us. And the song is Candy by H.O.T.” Taemin explained.

Henry sighed. “Fine.”

As the song was finishing, Henry started to slowly make his way toward the stage. He watched as Minji caught sight of him and smirked. The song finished and the four men left the stage. Minji walked to the edge of the stage and sat down with her legs dangling so she could talk to Henry better.

Her smirk was small, but visible. “Hello, darling. What is your name and what is your song request?”

Smiling, Henry spoke into the microphone. “My name is Henry, and I would like to request Candy by H.O.T.”

She laughed lightly. “Wow, we got a request for a Korean song. Thank you very much, Henry.” She bent down and whispered to him. “All of you, go backstage after.”

She stood and Oliver came from backstage with things in his hands, and handed them to Minji before leaving. She put on purple cat ears and purple fingerless gloves. The music started and she immediately started dancing cutely. Loud cheers erupted from the crowd. Every once in a while, the six could see her wince in pain, but her movements didn't slow or waver; they were entranced by her determination. At the end of the song, she was sitting on the ground with her legs crossed and she gave a cute smile. Caleb came out and helped her to her feet, and she rushed off the stage while grabbing at her left arm. Worried, Taemin got up and ran at the door by the stage that led backstage, and the other five quickly followed. A security guard stopped them and spoke to them quickly before letting them enter. Minji was sitting in a chair, throwing the sleeve off to look at the bloodied bandaging.

Minji, are you okay?” Taemin asked, hurrying to her side.

Perfectly fine. I just moved wrong and it started bleeding again. I didn't want to get blood on the sleeve.” Minji replied, grinning at the six.

It looks like it hurts, Minji-ya. Are you sure you're okay? Should you go to the hospital to get it checked out?” Xiumin suggested.

Taemin, Yesung, and Henry gave him a horrified look and watched Minji glare darkly at the six of them. Her cold blue eyes send shivers down their spines. A staff member came and took off the bandaging to blot at the scratches, making her hiss quietly in pain, then he wrapped it up in new bandaging. King and Ace padded up to her chair and placed their chins on her legs in comfort. Dae and Shu Fang skipped in and waved happily at Minji.

Minji sighed, looking down at her arm. “I don't like hospitals. My father has always been an abusive alcoholic. Me and my siblings would make regular visits to the hospital growing up, but they always sent us back home.”

Tao's smile dropped. “What do you mean he abused you? How?”

She looked up at them. “When I was four, he pushed me off the cliff we were at earlier and I fell into a coma for three months. I learned to climb to get away from him, but one day when I was eight, he caught me climbing and broke my leg. He would throw empty beer bottles at us, or kick us. Me and my Oppas protected our Dongsaeng, Dae, so he never got hurt; but he died of a terminal illness recently, and my Appa called him weak.”

That's why you climb buildings?” Yesung questioned.

You climb buildings?” G-Dragon gasped.

I can climb a building on the outside all the way to the roof, then climb back down without a problem.” Minji shrugged.

Shu Fang giggled. “Unni is like a Ninja! She climbs with us on her back sometimes! It's so fun!”

Dae nodded. “Noona climbs so fast and so high! It feels like you're flying!”

Why are you two so hyper? Did someone give you sugar or something? I thought I told you to not accept anything from anyone you don't know.” Minji scolded, standing.

With a shake of her head, Shu Fang hugged Minji's leg. “No, no, Unni. Carter Ajussi gave it to us. He said we were good children and deserved a treat. We got three chocolate bars each, and they were really good.”

Laughing, Dae hugged her other leg. “He was even acting funny.”

Minji rolled her eyes. “Carter Ajussi counts as a stranger. He's a very strange man and not someone I want you to take as a role model.”

Both of their eyes widened as they saw the bandaging. “You got a boo boo. We'll kiss it better.” They kissed her bicep, then looked at Taemin expectantly. “Kiss it better.”

No, Taemin Oppa doesn't need to. Be respectful.” Minji chided.

Taemin gently grabbed her arm and kissed it. Minji blushed a dark red. The other five idols tried not to laugh at her embarrassment, and Taemin grinned. Dae and Shu Fang clapped happily and jumped around with Ace following them excitedly. King laid down by the chair and watched. Slowly Minji looked at Taemin and bit her lower lip.