Chapter 1

My Remedy Is You (Lee Taemin Love Story)

As soon as Caleb had left, Minji had thrown down her script, threw on a hat and sunglasses, grabbed her keys, purse, and dog leash, and rushed out the front door with King on her heels. There was someone that had urgently wanted to meet with her, and Minji wanted to keep it a secret from her four companions. They were already worried about her and she didn't want to worry them more. Minji walked briskly to reach her car, which was at the far end of the parking garage, and tried to avoid looking at anyone that she passed by. She didn't want to sign anything or answer any questions. Whoever it was that wanted to meet with Minji had made it seem extremely important, something that needed to be dealt with immediately.

Minji started the car and drove out of the parking garage. King sat in the passenger seat, looking attentively out the window. The meeting was set to take place at a coffee shop half an hour away, and Minji had about fifty minutes to get there. Relaxing, Minji her stereo, which she forgot her iPod was plugged in to. The SHINee World (Doo-Bop) by SHINee started to play through the speakers, and Minji took a sharp breath in before starting to calm again.

She hadn't realized how much she missed all of her Korean, Chinese, and Japanese companions, especially Taemin. Minji had managed to busy herself enough that she had, for the most part, forgotten about all of them. And the less Minji thought about them, the less pain she was in. Taemin had a girlfriend, or would have one if he hadn't already asked her. Just the thought of it hurt. But she didn't have the heart, or the energy, to change the song. So the song played.

The light turned red, and Minji was stuck in traffic.

The music played and Minji found herself quietly humming along. She had missed listening to Korean songs, missed dancing to them as much, and missed speaking it even more. Nevertheless, Minji had moved away for three reasons; she didn't want to get her heart broken any more, her Umma was moving away from South Korea, and she didn't want to be anywhere near her abusive alcoholic Appa. And the reason she didn't speak, listen, or dance to Korean was because it would make her miss South Korea and her Korean, Japanese, and Chinese friends even more.

I never missed anyone but my family before I got introduced to Korean idols. Stupid idols...” Minji muttered to herself.

The light turned green. Minji pressed the gas petal and followed traffic, which was moving slowly. At the moment, her mind was everywhere and nowhere all at once, a jumble of thoughts that were going every which way and getting lost.

Who was Taemin's girlfriend?

How was the fundraiser concert going to turn out?

How were Jan and his family doing?

What was this meeting about?

Did her Appa sober up after her talk with him, or was he still an alcoholic?

Would she ever meet her Japanese, Korean, and Chinese friends ever again? And if she did, would she be able to hold herself together?

What would Dae say to her if he saw her now?

How mad were her friends and Manager going to be after they found out that she had snuck out without telling anybody?

Why did she agree to meet with a total stranger without knowing anything about what their intent was?

Sighing to herself, Minji stopped at another red light. The song had changed while she was busy with her thoughts, and was playing Superb by Fahrenheit. Minji sang along quietly as she looked down at the middle console, where she had thrown her things. Her purse sat there, along with her hat and two cell phones. That surprised her. They were both her phones, but she didn't think she had grabbed both of them.

The black iTouch phone, with a black case with rainbow polka dots, had all of the phone numbers of the Korean, Chinese, and Japanese idols, all of whom she was trying to avoid talking to. The white iTouch phone, with a watermelon case, had all the phone numbers of her family, Manager, friends, close companions, and work related people.

Slowly she grabbed the black phone and turned it on, something she hadn't done since before she got on the airplane two weeks ago. The light turned green and Minji started driving again, putting the phone down. She would look at it when she had time.

How many people would have phoned or messaged her in the time span of two weeks?

Should she get in contact with somebody, just so everyone would stop worrying, if they were?

Did they even care that she left?

Was she only going to suffer by looking at what was on that phone, if there were no missed calls or unread texts?

Pull yourself together, you idiot. Stop thinking like that.” Minji growled to herself, hitting the side of her head with the heel of her left hand. “So what if there's nothing on there? It's not like you should care. You haven't even known them for a full year.”

Some fans had recognized Minji as she had passed them, and were trying to follow her in their vehicles. Frowning, Minji tried to lose them in the traffic, and finally pulled off to another road. She managed to lose them. She parked in a parking space for a moment. With a flick of her wrist, Minji shut off her car, then she reached for the phone.

53 missed calls

15 voice messages

49 unread texts

Her pale blue eyes were wide with shock. Did everyone really miss her that much? The blonde frowned as she went to check a few of the texts.

To: Minji
Can't you at least tell me why you left?
From: Taemin Oppa

To: Minji
You Pabo! We were so close to getting you and Taemin together! Get back here!
From: Sandara Unni

To: Minji
You could've at least told us you were leaving...
From: Victoria Unni

To: Minji
WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?! I MISS MY BABY GIRL!!
From: Key Oppa

To: Minji
It hurts to know that you left without telling anybody, and won't even pick up your phone. Please answer. I'm worried about you.
From: Taemin Oppa

To: Minji
How could you leave without saying goodbye?!
From: Mir Oppa

To: Minji
Tell someone before you leave next time. You have us all worried about you. Answer your phone. If you don't, we're coming to find you and drag you back.
From: G-Dragon Oppa

Next, she checked a few voice messages.

Minji-ya, it's Jonghyun. Please answer your phone. We're all worried about you. We all care about you, so please don't shut us out. Just phone us, please.

It's Amber. What's this that our little troublemaker left without telling anybody? Minji, you'd better phone someone before we all go insane worrying. At least phone me so we can talk about this. C'mon, we miss you.

Hi, Mi-ya, it's Taemin. You scared all of us. I need to talk to you. Please phone me as soon as you can. It's urgent. Don't shut me out.

Minji-ya, it's Xiumin. Why didn't you tell anyone that you were leaving? We're all worried, especially Taemin. You need to phone someone so we can know that you're safe and unhurt. And come back to see all of us soon.

Hey, Minji-ya. It's Leeteuk Oppa. I wanted to tell you goodbye before I left for my mandatory military service. I hope you come back soon; you've got everyone worried. I'll see you, Minji-ya.

Minji felt her eyes prickle with tears, and she quickly blinked to rid them. She had no idea she had worried so many people with her absence. Maybe she should phone someone. But the question was, who should she phone to tell that she was okay. No men. Snapping her fingers, Minji went to her contacts to find the person of her choice.